Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
It would be pretty hard for the Mach 1 to make up for the 280hp it lacks from the GT500.
Although not that hard. And the Mach 1 does have the 6 speed Tremec.......hmmm.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not too hard on a small track, where by the time the GT500 catches traction, the braking zone for the next turn is already straight ahead :shrug:

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Apologies for going off-topic here a little, but this pic flooded back a lot of memories for me. My brother and I had this exact track setup. A lot of cold Maine winter hours were spent "at the track" when we were young boys...
My brother has been gone for over 27 years, but seems like yesterday we were racing our AFX cars.
Thanks for posting this, Buckwampum!
OK... I'm done...getting watery eyed now.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I remember when the G Plus cars came out..... Wow, what a difference..... kinda like the S550..... hmmmmm?

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Apologies for going off-topic here a little, but this pic flooded back a lot of memories for me. My brother and I had this exact track setup. A lot of cold Maine winter hours were spent "at the track" when we were young boys...
My brother has been gone for over 27 years, but seems like yesterday we were racing our AFX cars.
Thanks for posting this, Buckwampum!
OK... I'm done...getting watery eyed now.
Glad you liked it! I had a slightly larger track, circa 1976, and my older brother and I just about wore it out in the long Adirondack winters where we grew up.

However, we were pikers compared to my brother's friend Albert, who had a mega-spread setup, that took up his whole basement. It was one of those ones where you had to go hands and knees under the platform and then you stood up in the center, while the track was all around you. Albert was a great kid, we played over there for hours and he was always such a great host. His dad was an engineer and had modified the AFX cars so that they would rip down the track. His set-up had 20'-plus straights and you had to really watch the throttle or at the upcoming corner, you would launch your car into the basement wall and at that speed, it was like a wreck at LeMans, where the car was destroyed....

Sorry you lost your brother, but it sounds like you've got great memories of him. When someone remembers you, you never really die.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I’d imagine something like Laguna Seca would suffice... as opposed to somewhere like VIR, where the GT500 would clearly have the advantage
Laguna gt500 will be way faster.
It is all 90deg turns accellerate brake accelerate. 2 straights going up so 300 hp more will help a lot.
I think it will be at least 2 or 3sec faster IMO.
While sonoma ...well sonoma is another story..
Mach1 60k plus the obvious mark up...
A mustang starts to cost just a little too high

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Laguna gt500 will be way faster.
It is all 90deg turns accellerate brake accelerate. 2 straights going up so 300 hp more will help a lot.
I think it will be at least 2 or 3sec faster IMO.
While sonoma ...well sonoma is another story..
Mach1 60k plus the obvious mark up...
A mustang starts to cost just a little too high
Sonoma would also be a good one. I do think the Mach could hang at Laguna Seca though. It’s all low speed 90° turns like you said, where the Mach will have the advantage. The straights aren’t THAT long, and because the turns are low speed, traction on corner exit will be an issue for the GT500. I guess we’ll know for sure when someone finally runs a Mach 1 or a GT500 around LS ‍:shrug:

But something I just thought about... he may very well have been talking about the Mach 1 HP vs the base GT500 without HP, in which case I can DEFINITELY see it being EXTREMELY close. I mean, at that point, the Mach has probably about a 300lb weight advantage and a SIGNIFICANT advantage in tire compound, so that could definitely close the gap on a handling-focused track

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Instead, why can’t we have Ford saying that it laps significantly faster than a camaro ss 1le? That’s what people actually want to hear.
Cause they cant. Cause 1le is faster right now.
An ss1 le is faster than 350. Costing 20k less

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, it’ll definitely be faster than a 1LE. The only problem is that it costs $10k more

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s certainly faster than the pre-2019 GT350 that you’re referencing. Whether or not it’s faster than the updated GT350... well, it has more tire, nearly as fast in a straight line (or faster with the A10), better braking, and will likely handle about as well, so I’d guess it’ll be within a couple tenths at most, and the A10 might even be faster (if it doesn’t overheat first)
Sponsored