Flyhalf

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1
You think that mach1 is faster than a 350?

Advertisement

OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s certainly faster than the pre-2019 GT350 that you’re referencing. Whether or not it’s faster than the updated GT350... well, it has more tire, nearly as fast in a straight line (or faster with the A10), better braking, and will likely handle about as well, so I’d guess it’ll be within a couple tenths at most, and the A10 might even be faster (if it doesn’t overheat first)

stanglife

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That’s an... interesting... correction. You would think they would specify the GT350’s advantage on SHORT tracks considering its perceived handling advantage, with the Mach 1 being more equal on longer tracks.

Methinks Jim meant what he said, but Ford marketing didn’t want a chance of it interfering with GT500 sales... you know, since they’re still selling that car
All marketing. Of course it will be quick. A mistake of saying almost as quick as the 500...could easily be a plant as well. Ford is killing me with some of the BS, side/double-talk.

ALUSA

Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The 2021 Mach1 is certainly faster than the 2021 GT350.
I highly doubt that. Mach 1 is most likely heavier than the GT350 since its based on a regular GT platform. GT350 also shares parts from GT500 if i remember right. Mach 1 is also lacking down in power. I am guessing performance wise, Mach 1 will be in between a GT350 and a PP2 mustang.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Could be, but without the FPC, it isn't the same.
The 2021 GT350 doesn't have an FPC
I highly doubt that. Mach 1 is most likely heavier than the GT350 since its based on a regular GT platform. GT350 also shares parts from GT500 if i remember right. Mach 1 is also lacking down in power. I am guessing performance wise, Mach 1 will be in between a GT350 and a PP2 mustang.
Yes, the Mach1 is much heavier than the 2021 GT350.

Need any more hints :giggle:

Troutwrangler

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Glad you liked it! I had a slightly larger track, circa 1976, and my older brother and I just about wore it out in the long Adirondack winters where we grew up.

However, we were pikers compared to my brother's friend Albert, who had a mega-spread setup, that took up his whole basement. It was one of those ones where you had to go hands and knees under the platform and then you stood up in the center, while the track was all around you. Albert was a great kid, we played over there for hours and he was always such a great host. His dad was an engineer and had modified the AFX cars so that they would rip down the track. His set-up had 20'-plus straights and you had to really watch the throttle or at the upcoming corner, you would launch your car into the basement wall and at that speed, it was like a wreck at LeMans, where the car was destroyed....

Sorry you lost your brother, but it sounds like you've got great memories of him. When someone remembers you, you never really die.
Thanks Buckwampum!
My brother and I were tight....17 months apart and we grew up in the thick woods of Franklin County, Maine. We were best friends. He was killed in an industrial accident at 25 years old.
Miss him like crazy every day.
I really liked your "Albert" story....what an amazing setup and a great place to hang out.
Best-

Last edited:

ALUSA

Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I don’t get it why including the production year of the GT350. GT350 was going to be discontinued for 2021 model years. The car also received some upgrades starting year 19 to 20 with some parts from the GT500. Now back to the Mach 1, it should be faster than the ss 1le since Ford had all the time and development under their belt.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
I don’t get it why including the production year of the GT350. GT350 was going to be discontinued for 2021 model years. The car also received some upgrades starting year 19 to 20 with some parts from the GT500. Now back to the Mach 1, it should be faster than the ss 1le since Ford had all the time and development under their belt.
giphy (1).gif

And on the Camaro/Mustang debate, if time spent on development equated to track times, the Challenger would stomp them all...

The Alpha platform just works better on a track. It also, as a result, fails as an appealing road car. All the time and development in the world isn't going to change that for the s550. We would only potentially get a good match-up with the s650, but I doubt we'll see a 7th-gen Camaro for comparison.

Bear_Stang

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
That’s an... interesting... correction. You would think they would specify the GT350’s advantage on SHORT tracks considering its perceived handling advantage, with the Mach 1 being more equal on longer tracks.

Methinks Jim meant what he said, but Ford marketing didn’t want a chance of it interfering with GT500 sales... you know, since they’re still selling that car
Ford Marketing Be like...
giphy.gif

Advertisement

50 - Livernois - 1

Advertisement