Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
How much would it cost to import the American M1?
I don't really know exactly, would never go that route as I'll rather have 5+2 years of warranty.
If I had to guess from what I saw - 2k to get it to warehouse in Georgia, 2.5k to ship it from there to Europe in a container, 10% customs, 21% VAT. And then changes to lights etc. to be able to register it here and various fees tied to that. If bought at 4% under invoice it'd be what, 55k (no idea how it's with sales tax and export)? So 78-80k$ minimum if I handled all of it myself without gray importer. I pay 82k but can deduct 17% of VAT for business and it's hassle-free and with warranty, yeah, I'm totally fine with that.

I see some imported cars with 2 year warranty on sale here for bit higher price than I'll pay but all 4 of them have only cloth Recaros. With the shortage it's probably hard to secure them for export.

Last edited:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Mach 0.5 for anyone outside of the US.
Nah, more like 0.98, the differences are far and few. It looks the same and has V8 (and Tremec), ignore the noise.
In general, I tend to agree. But, if you start looking at the "noise", you can notice things missing, for which there is no obvious excuse (I can see an excuse for the detuned motor). Like the memory seats, or gauges on the dashboard, or BLIS. Even if there were some regulations which Torsen 3.73 would not comply to, Ford could put 3.55 Torsen there instead. Apart from the diff (ratio) the other things are details, and I would easily wave them off, if there was some good explanation from Ford, why they did not put them there. Because we pay at least as good price as our US cousins.

But the thing is, Ford does not say (and does not want to say). Dealers have no clue either. It is just that, take it or leave it. Then you (at least I did) realize that this is something you are not used to from the "local" brands (i.e. European).

For the import, my estimate is that it would be more expensive to import similarly specced Mach, than to buy one locally and eventually swap the Torsen. I do not mind missing HP (it will still be plenty for my driving), and the other things are just a pity to miss.

What I envy you in the US though is the Track Attack, because I know this is something I will definitely attend to for any and all reasons :) if I could. And I guess Ford could organize them in Europe as well (most likely in Germany). But they did not.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
In general, I tend to agree. But, if you start looking at the "noise", you can notice things missing, for which there is no obvious excuse (I can see an excuse for the detuned motor). Like the memory seats, or gauges on the dashboard, or BLIS. Even if there were some regulations which Torsen 3.73 would not comply to, Ford could put 3.55 Torsen there instead. Apart from the diff (ratio) the other things are details, and I would easily wave them off, if there was some good explanation from Ford, why they did not put them there. Because we pay at least as good price as our US cousins.

But the thing is, Ford does not say (and does not want to say). Dealers have no clue either. It is just that, take it or leave it. Then you (at least I did) realize that this is something you are not used to from the "local" brands (i.e. European).

For the import, my estimate is that it would be more expensive to import similarly specced Mach, than to buy one locally and eventually swap the Torsen. I do not mind missing HP (it will still be plenty for my driving), and the other things are just a pity to miss.

What I envy you in the US though is the Track Attack, because I know this is something I will definitely attend to for any and all reasons :) if I could. And I guess Ford could organize them in Europe as well (most likely in Germany). But they did not.
Get a ticket to fly over and you can drive as the guest for one of us at track attack! Wouldnā€™t be cheap but itā€™s at least something!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don't really know exactly, would never go that route as I'll rather have 5+2 years of warranty.
If I had to guess from what I saw - 2k to get it to warehouse in Georgia, 2.5k to ship it from there to Europe in a container, 10% customs, 21% VAT. And then changes to lights etc. to be able to register it here and various fees tied to that. If bought at 4% under invoice it'd be what, 55k? So 78-80k$ minimum if I handled all of it myself without gray importer. I pay 82k but can deduct 17% of VAT for business and it's hassle-free and with warranty, yeah, I'm totally fine with that.

I see some imported cars with 2 year warranty on sale here for bit higher price than I'll pay but all 4 of them have only cloth Recaros. With the shortage it's probably hard to secure them for export.

I hear our borders are wide open. Come on in! Might as well, everyone else is.
This way you can get a full Mach 1 and pay a lot less. You already have friends here anyway.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

If you get an M1 why not take it to the track yourself no need for Track Attack :p

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It wasnā€™t practical to put some of the 427/428ā€™s back in the day either. I think I remember having to pull wheels to change spark plugs.
Why this special kit for Mach1 owners?
I gotšŸ’© for Bullitt.
Whatever Ford..I am gonna go make my own kit and display it. šŸ¤£
You got the GT350 intake tract and improved power first, while M1s got the hand me downs.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you get an M1 why not take it to the track yourself no need for Track Attack :p
BTW- You need to bitchslap the owners of Volvo for selling out. What a shame. Legendary car company.

Believe me when I tell you. Whatever you do in Europe to regulate most things good or bad, is usually to be done in a much more rigid and uniform fashion with much better results.
The only thing we donā€™t dilute here is Mustangs.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Get a ticket to fly over and you can drive as the guest for one of us at track attack! Wouldnā€™t be cheap but itā€™s at least something!
This is actually an interesting idea! I did not know there was a driving guest option :thumbsup:. Looking at the pricing, it is not cheap, but the good part is that it is not the travel expense which is not cheap, but the actual event, so at least I could find an excuse for spending on it :wink: .
I hear our borders are wide open. Come on in! Might as well, everyone else is.
This way you can get a full Mach 1 and pay a lot less.
Getting Mach 1 directly in the US is the last option, because getting it out then will be a real hardship, for me at least. But I guess once the local Ford tells me that my car has been cancelled because of the domestic orders you guys are placing without a pause, I will not mind the hardship anymore šŸ˜

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
got mine today my car is silver w/10 speed. and yes there is a tow hook.
I like everything until u said tow hook??? Say it ainā€™t so Joe!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
If any of you EU / Australia owners know a gear guy, why don't you consider swapping out the 3.55's for Ford Performance 4.09's? You'd notice an amazing difference in acceleration. I noticed just going from 3.73's to 4.09's. You'd just need to get a tune from someplace like Steeda to correct the rev matching software so you don't get dashboard lights.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
If any of you EU / Australia owners know a gear guy, why don't you consider swapping out the 3.55's for Ford Performance 4.09's? You'd notice an amazing difference in acceleration. I noticed just going from 3.73's to 4.09's.
I guess you did it on a regular GT though? I did some visualizations for the different trans/diff ratios and it seems that the (Euro) Mach 1 with 3.55 diff, has, in the 3rd gear, almost identical output characteristic as Bullitt with 4.09 diff (also in the 3rd gear), then the gears below and above are a bit more spread out on Bullitt.

I was/am considering the diff swap, but I will definitely drive it first (with the 3.55 diff), to see if I feel somehow limited. The thing I really cannot judge, by simply looking at the numbers, is how it will feel and that is my major concern. If I could test drive both options it would be far more easier.
Sponsored