Sponsored

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
I personally really love the blue, red, and orange options...but I'm more worried about attracting the "wrong" attention than attracting attention. My insurance is high enough!
Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Agree 100% A friend of mine had a Gulfstream Aqua with white interior GT350 at the Tulsa Shelby meet years ago that was drop dead gorgeous. My classic car with Dennis Gage was there and did a interview with them that aired on a show. It was just like this one.

This is one of the most incredible things I have seen. Absolutely would buy this.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
No argument from me. When I was a kid I could recite the smallest details about every muscle car and I was obsessed with them. I know of quite a few younger kids now that donā€™t even care about getting their drivers license. Wtf? Unfortunately they are the people that are going to drive tan colored camrys when they grow up, just like their boring parents do now. Thereā€™s a 69 Mach 1 I see occasionally driving around and I get a tingling sensation. I suspect most people on the road here donā€™t even notice it. Very sad. And because of their lack of interest the rest of us donā€™t get to order more wild colors on our new cars.
ATLAS1, I wonder if it is just 500 people on this forum that would want different colors. I think Ford offered like 24 different colors in 1969 for the mustang. I just looked at the Dodge Challenger and they offer the Octane Red color and have more choices of colors including green. Personally the grey colors always reminded me cars that have a base coat and have not been painted yet. This probably because I have seen many to be painted muscle cars at car meets that just had the grey primer. If the FJ color is so popular why are there many Mach1 cars in that color advertised for sale on the web? I think for a ~60K car and in this day and age of robotics and 3D printing and custom SEMA paint jobs the factory should be able to offer me any color say for additional 5K as an option?? Why limit the color options? I was hoping that all the colors they offer for the 2021 mustang would be available for the Mach1 or GT500? I still recall the day that my father was purchasing 1977 Impala and had to pay additional 700 dollars to get it in black color. Back in those days it was an option, but these days white, black and silver are base colors. The car world is looking more black and white these days and that is sad.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
ATLAS1, I wonder if it is just 500 people on this forum that would want different colors. I think Ford offered like 24 different colors in 1969 for the mustang. I just looked at the Dodge Challenger and they offer the Octane Red color and have more choices of colors including green. Personally the grey colors always reminded me cars that have a base coat and have not been painted yet. This probably because I have seen many to be painted muscle cars at car meets that just had the grey primer. If the FJ color is so popular why are there many Mach1 cars in that color advertised for sale on the web? I think for a ~60K car and in this day and age of robotics and 3D printing and custom SEMA paint jobs the factory should be able to offer me any color say for additional 5K as an option?? Why limit the color options? I was hoping that all the colors they offer for the 2021 mustang would be available for the Mach1 or GT500? I still recall the day that my father was purchasing 1977 Impala and had to pay additional 700 dollars to get it in black color. Back in those days it was an option, but these days white, black and silver are base colors. The car world is looking more black and white these days and that is sad.
They limit the color options, and options in general because itā€™s cheaper for the manufacture. Same reason why all these options get lumped into packages and not available individually. Less cost and more profit. Sucks but thatā€™s what weā€™re stuck with.
And the fighter jet gray cars still sitting on lots are because they have admā€™s.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I like just a touch of color and also like metallic paints in the sun. Ordered the iconic sliver because I thought the small red stripe is JUST enough color to catch out of the corner of your eye and take a second look, without screaming RED! RED! RED!. Gotta admit, those marketing guys have come up with a paint and stripe palette that 95% of people can find a color they can live with.

Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
I thought I would pass these facts along from my region (only 1 region, not nationally) on Mach 1 orders as of 04/10/21. This should give you a good idea on popularity of options, colors etc.

Colors
Fighter Jet Gray 44%
Velocity Blue 13%
Oxford White 13%
Shadow Black 10%
Iconic Silver 10%
Grabber Yellow 5%
Race Red 4%
Twister Orange 1%

- I am SHOCKED that twister orange isn't more popular. If you want the next Competition Orange 2004 Cobra/Mach 1, better start ordering the Twister Orange now! šŸ§

Transmission
56% Manual
44% Automatic

Seats
23% Recaro
77% Standard Cloth/Leather

Equipment Group
90% 700A
10% 600A

Options/Packages
80% Mach 1 Elite Package
80% Navigation
50% Mach 1 Handling Package
44% Mach 1 Appearance Package
39% Magnetic Wheels

The orders I have placed have closely followed the trends above, with the exception of Transmission. I have ordered 2-1 Manual to Automatic. Outside of that, I have been very close to the equipment above.

Zach

Zach,

Can you give an update on the numbers above, I assume not much changed but it would be nice to see.

Also, any insight to:
2021 production numbers of Mach 1's?
2022 colors ?

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I like just a touch of color and also like metallic paints in the sun. Ordered the iconic sliver because I thought the small red stripe is JUST enough color to catch out of the corner of your eye and take a second look, without screaming RED! RED! RED!. Gotta admit, those marketing guys have come up with a paint and stripe palette that 95% of people can find a color they can live with.
I got the Iconic Silver too and I'll tell you the car looks very different depending on the lighting. In bright sun it is amazing, so many different colors in the metal flake...lots of blue. In cloudy weather it looks like a very shiny gray. Black stripe with the red trim is perfect.
IMG_0330 2.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I may be off, but I think they have power in other countries.
They do from what Iā€™ve read on here. I kinda wish our recaros were powered as well. Would make getting in and out easier.

Reactions: 12g

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I got the Iconic Silver too and I'll tell you the car looks very different depending on the lighting. In bright sun it is amazing, so many different colors in the metal flake...lots of blue. In cloudy weather it looks like a very shiny gray. Black stripe with the red trim is perfect.
IMG_0330 2.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg
Thanks for making me drool LOL!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Zach,

Can you give an update on the numbers above, I assume not much changed but it would be nice to see.

Also, any insight to:
2021 production numbers of Mach 1's?
2022 colors ?
Remind me on Friday. I'm out of the office this week. I'd be happy to pull it up.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Updated Sales Information for our Region as of 06/10/21

Colors
Fighter Jet Gray 61%
Velocity Blue 10%
Oxford White 8%
Shadow Black 8%
Iconic Silver 4%
Grabber Yellow 6%
Race Red 2%
Twister Orange 0%

The fasting moving color has been shadow black with an average of 6 days on the lot. Grabber Yellow is the longest with an average of 62.

Transmission
49% Manual
51% Automatic

Seats
26% Recaro
74% Standard Cloth/Leather

Equipment Group
98% 700A
2% 600A

Options/Packages
84% Mach 1 Elite Package
84% Navigation
20% Mach 1 Handling Package (Fastest Moving with an average of 15 days on lot)
61% Mach 1 Appearance Package
53% Magnetic Wheels

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
So is "race red" and red in general passƩ for the 21st century...? Or, is the objection it's too flamboyant and bright (cop bait)?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So is "race red" and red in general passƩ for the 21st century...? Or, is the objection it's too flamboyant and bright (cop bait)?
dunno, don't care. that is what I'm ordering. I have 6 cars/trucks/bikes, and the bike isn't red, but is being repainted red, and the truck that isn't red is being sold. Even my tractor is being painted red.

edit to add, i'm not some rich guy (unfortunately), I've had all but one of the vehicles for at least 10 years, the newest is a 2006, and the oldest is a 58, with the avg being about 86, coincidently the year of my daily driver bronco. The Mach 1 will be the first new vehicle I've bought in 20 years.

as for the discussion on colors, man, I can't stand that 95% of everything on the road is in grayscale now. white, gray, or black..... drop my son off at school, I am the only vehicle that is a 2 dr, or more than 5 years old, and out of the couple hundred cars, only 3-4 of us have anything that isn't white/silver/black.

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I like race red almost as much as velocity blue, definitely my second most favourite colour (not a big fan of neutral colours). Lighter metallic blue won for me, though. But on Mach 1 the red with black contrasts looks magnificent, even better than on GT.
Sponsored