Mach 1 or 2019 GT350

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
You made the right choice, the Mach 1 is an overpriced 5.0. The gt350 is more fun, looks better, and will hold value better. Enjoy!
Counter opinion, the Mach 1 is a more refined GT350 with a Coyote for $15k less than a 2019 GT350 in today's market for a new car with a new warranty
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
I went through the same thing. I summer drive occasionally, and do probably 10-12 track days a year, so fairly decent track use.

Driving both one or the other didn't really sway my decision that greatly, they are very similar. I decided on Mach 1 because I personally don't trust the 5.2 engine. I wanted a bullet proof option, which the 5.0 and tremec offers. If your going forced induction, you cant go wrong with the 5.0.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Counter opinion, the Mach 1 is a more refined GT350 with a Coyote for $15k less than a 2019 GT350 in today's market for a new car with a new warranty
Since he's throwing a power adder on the car the warranty argument doesn't really apply. I was going to advocate for an older 5.0. I definitely wouldn't buy a new Mach 1 and then drop on a power adder for street driving only. I'd go with a 2017 and older GT for the better gear ratios and since I wouldn't be worried about warranty.

But GT350 is a better choice for sure.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Since he's throwing a power adder on the car the warranty argument doesn't really apply. I was going to advocate for an older 5.0. I definitely wouldn't buy a new Mach 1 and then drop on a power adder for street driving only. I'd go with a 2017 and older GT for the better gear ratios and since I wouldn't be worried about warranty.

But GT350 is a better choice for sure.
A Shelby GT350 is a Shelby GT350 and there’s many reasons why this is.
To think any Mustang Ford would build is going to be a better choice for for the purpose is misguided thinking at best, and if you’re going to to start hacking a car anyway, why pay the extra for a special edition.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
You made the right choice, the Mach 1 is an overpriced 5.0. The gt350 is more fun, looks better, and will hold value better. Enjoy!
It's also going to be more expensive to own and maintain, which is likely to more than make up for any increase in value upon resale, and [related] it's a bit less street-worthy. But I can't deny that it's more fun (at least on the track) and looks a bit better.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
and if you’re going to to start hacking a car anyway, why pay the extra for a special edition.
Tremec transmission and all the cooling and suspension stuff that is already on the car. If you don't care for transmission and will replace all of the suspension etc, then GT would make bigger sense indeed.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
It's also going to be more expensive to own and maintain, which is likely to more than make up for any increase in value upon resale, and [related] it's a bit less street-worthy. But I can't deny that it's more fun (at least on the track) and looks a bit better.
So says an idiot who owns both a Mustang AND a Cayman...!

Screenshot 2021-09-11 161740.png

Take this guys car opinions with a grain ocean of salt with cars like that in his stable...!!!!

NOTE TO SELF
Oh No... How do I edit the text below my avatar..........................................??????????????????????????

Nice vehicle selections there RocketGuy... I'm contemplating a GT4.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
for the same price I d go with warranty.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
So says an idiot who owns both a Mustang AND a Cayman...!

Screenshot 2021-09-11 161740.png

Take this guys car opinions with a grain ocean of salt with cars like that in his stable...!!!!

NOTE TO SELF
Oh No... How do I edit the text below my avatar..........................................??????????????????????????

Nice vehicle selections there RocketGuy... I'm contemplating a GT4.
Lol thanks, I should probably update my garage/signature on here, though. I sold the Stang a couple months ago cuz the used market just got too hot... and I wanted a Mach 1 (now on order). So I might be a bit biased here. But I DID contemplate a GT350 pretty much every other day for the last four years. Just couldn't justify it as a daily driver that would see minimal track use.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Disagree with the above, and every time you turn around another post like this pops up...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/another-2020-engine-failure.165030/page-3#post-3358812
You know, I really like the GT350, but I also really loved the Focus RS that I owned prior to this even though it was in the shop often enough that it qualified for lemon law (I was stupid and didn't take it, you know, the "I'm sure this was the last issue! After this everything will be fine!" mentality.) There comes a point where you realize you are making excuses defending something indefensible. It starts with: Sucks the head gasket issue is happening to some people, but I bet they put their own crappy homemade tune on it and are just lying about it, people complaining like this is why no car manufacturers try anything new, I bet the problems are just happening to a loud few, yeah my axle gave up at like 1100 miles but bad parts happen to every manufacturer, ect." By the end of it: an axle cracked, the turbo oil feed lines sprung leaks twice, my head gasket had to be replaced, and finally the moon roof refused to shut. Long story needlessly long, as much as I love the looks of the gt350 and love the concept of the voodoo engine, I have read enough threads and noticed the same trends and I am genuinely thankful I went with the Mach 1 instead.
Sponsored