Mach 1 or 2019 GT350

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350
Need help making a decision. Plans to go with a power adder with either one. Will daily drive the car from late April to Late October. Go!!!!
Sponsored

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Need help making a decision. Plans to go with a power adder with either one. Will daily drive the car from late April to Late October. Go!!!!
I donā€™t want to offend anyone but I had bought a 2019 GT350. I flew in to pick it up, long story but I didnā€™t leave with it. I did get to test drive it and found myself wanting, and I mean I found myself wanting. They are not a great option for adding power adders, the flat plane crank is far from ideal. Donā€™t get me wrong, the GT350 is great for what itā€™s made for, tracking and spending extended periods in the power band. And letā€™s not forget the wide body, damn gorgeous. It just comes down to what you want. Do you want a street car you track or vice versa? The Mach 1 is the street option for sure.

To me the Mach 1 is the sweet spot. Trickle down parts from the 350 and 500, 2 year run, and made for the street and track. You put a blower on the Mach 1, it will be a way better performer on the street and probably the track comparatively.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cynicalwill

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t want to offend anyone but I had bought a 2019 GT350. I flew in to pick it up, long story but I didnā€™t leave with it. I did get to test drive it and found myself wanting, and I mean I found myself wanting. They are not a great option for adding power adders, the flat plane crank is far from ideal. Donā€™t get me wrong, the GT350 is great for what itā€™s made for, tracking and spending extended periods in the power band. And letā€™s not forget the wide body, damn gorgeous. It just comes down to what you want. Do you want a street car you tack to the track or vice versa?

To me the Mach 1 is the sweet spot. Trickle down parts from the 350 and 500, 2 year run, and made for the street and track. You put a blower on the Mach 1, it will be a way better performer on the street and probably the track comparatively.
Track Days will be few and far in between to be honest. Definitely more street than anything.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cynicalwill

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 all the way. I recommend you test drive a 350 on the street. If price is a consideration, contact Jay@GrangerFord. The pricing will floor you.
I did last week. You definitely have to live high in rpms in order to get the most out the engine.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I did last week. You definitely have to live high in rpms in order to get the most out the engine.
Agreed, that low end band is just not there, in my opinion. People want to make that car into something it wasnā€™t designed to be.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Agreed, that low end band is just not there, in my opinion. People want to make that car into something it wasnā€™t designed to be.
Same goes for modern sport bikes. Especially 600s. They are much more fun on the track getting their necks wrung.
I know first hand how much fun. šŸ˜

C73U9222-L.jpg
67200502-C73U0061.jpg

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I have driven both, to decide which to buy, the Shelby was a 2020. The answer is dependent upon how much track time you will do. If its a lot, I'd say more than 6 times a year, then I would seriously consider the Shelby. The GT350 is a lot harsher for a daily driver, it is a sharper tool, and it would beat me up on my roads. I wouldn't want to drive that car everyday, not a chance. Yes it is THAT focused on performance.

The Mach 1 is amazingly compliant on poor roads in "normal" mode. The magneride is awesome, I drive it in normal mode a lot because of how well it soaks up the bumps from poorly maintained Socal roads.

Drive both, and I think the RIGHT ANSWER FOR YOU, will jump out at you. They feel very differently when you drive both. For me, the M1 was the right choice, and everytime I hit shit pavement I'm reminded of that.

I love both cars, and each will provide you many smiles per mile. Test drive both, good luck.

Sponsored

s550blk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andii
Vehicle(s)
Anti-matter Blue Mustang
personally would go for the gt350, shelby is iconic,
another person made a great comment however;
"street car you track" vs track car you street

OP
OP
cynicalwill

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
personally would go for the gt350, shelby is iconic,
another person made a great comment however;
"street car you track" vs track car you street
Well, as see you in thumbnail I went with gt350. FP Blue Stripe delete

OP
OP
cynicalwill

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
A very close friend bought a 2018 TrackHawk. That truck is beast!!!! As long as I keep him the twisties I can hold him off. Until we get on straight away then its bye bye. So I will keep on the Taconic Parkway in Mexico. lol

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
[/QU
Mach 1 for the street mostly and the occasional track experience. its a gorgeous car. its got pedigree back to the 60's. if you're hooked on the track GT350, that's what its made for , to stay in that 7-8000 range, 2nd 3rd all the time. growling at you.