Mach 1 Logo decal on Hood

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
So we had a PPF put on the front half of our MY22 Mischievous Purple Mach 1. The back half is a ceramic coating. We had a shop do this for us after we took delivery from the dealership. When the shop put the PPF on the hood, it messed up the hood stripe and the "Mach 1" lettering decal. The hood strip they replaced but are having trouble getting whatever the font was used for the lettering from Ford. They will die cut from the font.

Does anyone have any idea where the font can be found? Can the "Mach 1" decal can be purchased and where? I really want this back on the front end of the hood. The shop owner says he's contacted Ford and is waiting to hear back, but it seems to be taking a while for them to get back to him. PPF and ceramic was done the week of July 10th. TIA!
I don’t think they will hear from Ford about the font. Ford sells a replacement decal w/Mach 1 on it, so if the shop messed it up I would hold them responsible for it and replace it with an original, not some put together thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Colls

Colls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colleen
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang LX, 1991 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT
I found the font. It comes in five different formats so if Ford doesn't/won't come through then I'll fall back on what I have.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Related...I recently had PPF as well (all painted surfaces, but not the logos or stripes). Hadn't touched the car washwise until today, so as to let the PPF cure.

After cleaning Skye up, I noticed a handprint of some type on the matte portion of the hood logo. Maybe the installers left this. Maybe I touched in passing without noticing. Being directly on top of the engine compartment, whatever substance or oils there was then baked onto the surface of the decal.

As with the shiny black valance on the back of the car, don't touch the matte logo. LOL. Don't even look at it funny.

But there is hope. After some experimentation, I found a solution.

1. Start with a car and engine which is cool to the touch, out of the Sunlight.

2. Take a dark, cotton t-shirt or microfiber towel.

3. In a bowl, add some Dawn and water. Wet the t-shirt mentioned above in the Dawn mix.

4. Gently, in a front-to-back motion, wipe, with little pressure.

5. Rinse by using another microfiber towel, wet with water only, in same back-and-forth motion.

After three cycles of the above, the handprint is gone.
Good info. Dawn works for quite a few automotive related tasks. I use it for cleaning rims, works better than most “wheel cleaners” and it’s not harsh to cause any damages to the wheel surface, brake calipers, etc.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I have PPF covering this glossy part of the stripe (cut around the matte part) and the Mach 1 letters are partly invisible now from some reason. I plan to have the letters cut and put on top of the PPF. Found this logo for that purpose.

Mustang_Mach1_2021_Logo.png

OP
OP
Colls

Colls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colleen
Vehicle(s)
I have PPF covering this glossy part of the stripe (cut around the matte part) and the Mach 1 letters are partly invisible now from some reason. I plan to have the letters cut and put on top of the PPF. Found this logo for that purpose.

Mustang_Mach1_2021_Logo.png
What format are these in? And where did you find it? I haven't heard back from my shop yet after I sent the files (5 different formats) for the font I found.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
What format are these in? And where did you find it? I haven't heard back from my shop yet after I sent the files (5 different formats) for the font I found.
Can't remember where I found it but looks like it's not the original but resized, just now found the original with sharp lines in Ford's original media press release. Using the Download link for it - JPG only. But should be nicely usable for any graphics company.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ll-new-mustang-mach-1-ford-graphics-team.html

Mustang_Mach1_2021_Logo.jpg

OP
OP
Colls

Colls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colleen
Vehicle(s)
I'll grab this one too and send it off. More formats can't hurt. This is what I found.
MACH_ok.png

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I had them only run the ppf up to the decal on the hood. figure the decal will work as ppf for that portion, as it is also replaceable if needed down the road.

OP
OP
Colls

Colls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colleen
Vehicle(s)
I had them only run the ppf up to the decal on the hood. figure the decal will work as ppf for that portion, as it is also replaceable if needed down the road.
I did look for a Ford oem replacement for the "Mach 1" but it comes with the full hood strip at like $869 (or something close, price is in this thread) which, YIKES, I'm not buying. You can get the whole thing from a different place for $187. The fonts I got cost me $2.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I did look for a Ford oem replacement for the "Mach 1" but it comes with the full hood strip at like $869 (or something close, price is in this thread) which, YIKES, I'm not buying. You can get the whole thing from a different place for $187. The fonts I got cost me $2.
im tagging this post, if someone ever comes out with a NACA scoop hood for our cars I am going to get a custom decal made that is wider, more in line with the 71-73 decal. yeah, that factory price is pretty crazy....same company that charges 10k though for painted stripes on the GT500.....

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My PPF installed tried gloss and Matte PPF on the hood stripe. Both created micro bubbles, we did several coats of ceramic to protect the matte portion of the stripe. Granted no protection from chips, but the ease of cleaning is nice.
D97C6B6D-E3F9-472A-8113-53749A77C6EB.jpeg