Sponsored

Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
I think the Mach 1 is significantly better than the GT350 for one reason. The Coyote 5.0 is far more reliable than the Voodoo. Both look great and far better than the GT or GT350 (would give a slight edge to the GT350). Reliability is important in my opinion. I don't care how good a car performs or looks, if it is going to be unreliable, I would not want it. The Voodoo has had too many issues.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I think the Mach 1 is significantly better than the GT350 for one reason. The Coyote 5.0 is far more reliable than the Voodoo. Both look great and far better than the GT or GT350 (would give a slight edge to the GT350). Reliability is important in my opinion. I don't care how good a car performs or looks, if it is going to be unreliable, I would not want it. The Voodoo has had too many issues.

This remind me of when I had my Porsche with the fabled IMS bearing issue,. There was a higher than normal amount of failures based on other years/ models, but ALL cars of ALL makes have some failures. The increased failures was very hyped up, but the vast majority ended up being reliable cars that lived long, happy lives. What percentages of GT350's are failing? What percentage of GT's?

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Rhymes with Mach E…

I agree, no need for in-family fights, BUT, I couldn’t resist noticing that the Mach 1 shares its name with the Mach E, while the Shelby GT350 shares its name with the stronger GT500.
Mach E rhymes with three fifty much more closely. Say it out loud now.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know what it's like in other areas but around here, car shows are freaking awesome. Everyone there is a car guy or girl and everyone is respectful and knowledgeable. Went to 6 or 7 this summer and it was so cool talking to people who are just as into their cars and cars in general. There's a guy I've seen at several shows with a ruby red 2017 GT350 who loves my Mach 1 and his girlfriend is now looking for one to trade in her Camaro SS on. On the flip side he has these ruby-tinted black wheels that I don't know how he did it but it's one of the coolest looks I've seen. Nothing like the cyber dick-measuring contests a lot of these threads turn into.
He did the wheels by powder coating. I've seen the color.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I think my 2017 GT PP looks as good or better than either one and with the supercharger faster than both. Different strokes for different folks.
Screenshot_20221108-161348_Gallery.jpg

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
They are all fantastic but my biased view is that the GT350 has the most amazing front clip, the side vents behind the front wheels the the way the lines runs into the rest of the body is art. However I gotta say that GT500 hood is pretty badazz

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They are all fantastic but my biased view is that the GT350 has the most amazing front clip, the side vents behind the front wheels the the way the lines runs into the rest of the body is art. However I gotta say that GT500 hood is pretty badazz
The 500 hood is sick. I was considering a Cervini but read that they're heavy and have some fit problems. I've no clue if the complaints are valid but I'm not spending two grand to find out.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350R is a real classic IMHO. Seats, lots of little lightweight parts.. the CF wheels, the cross plane, shift lights, that hood.

The GT500s are certainly quick but for that price point, you have a lot of other cars to choose from.

the Mach1 carries a lot of coolers and stuff, which is fine, but it just seems like an expensive GT to me. Granted if I needed to get a new Mustang tomorrow and I had to keep it stock, I’d get one, but if I was going to modify it (and I usually do), then its a tougher call. A lot of the practical stuff that makes it better are things you might option differently or more aggressively in the aftermarket.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
If it weren't for covid causing GT350 prices to skyrocket I would have a GT350 and not a Mach 1.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If it weren't for covid causing GT350 prices to skyrocket I would have a GT350 and not a Mach 1.
You would not be disappointed Rob, the Flat Planed Crank is vehicular acoustic crack…!!!

The Mach1 is a GREAT car, but the FPC takes the driving experience to the next level.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Personally I think my 2017 GT PP looks as good or better than either one and with the supercharger faster than both. Different strokes for different
The GT350R is a real classic IMHO. Seats, lots of little lightweight parts.. the CF wheels, the cross plane, shift lights, that hood.

The GT500s are certainly quick but for that price point, you have a lot of other cars to choose from.

the Mach1 carries a lot of coolers and stuff, which is fine, but it just seems like an expensive GT to me. Granted if I needed to get a new Mustang tomorrow and I had to keep it stock, I’d get one, but if I was going to modify it (and I usually do), then its a tougher call. A lot of the practical stuff that makes it better are things you might option differently or more aggressively in the aftermarket.
And all the cars are expensive Mustangs. The Mach 1 is a recipe. It’s a total factory engineered package with a heritage to match. Some folks value that and some younger don’t. The fact that it looks like a GT is exactly what the Mach 1 always was. When the car hits the track and puts down the numbers it does it’s obvious it’s a bit more than a GT is stock. The GT is a great car on its own and you can mod anything and compromise enough here or there to make it whatever you want including something “better” than anything.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I was hoping this thread would die already.

"My car is better...... no my car is better" GT guys now commenting next thing you know ecoboost folks will be saying their car is better.
Sponsored