Sponsored

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They might be equal in stopping distance during an instrumented braking test where the stopping distance depends entirely on tire grip, but they aren't equal in driver feel and enjoyment.
Nor heat dissipation

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
There still seem to be far fewer Machā€™s out there so far than GT350ā€™s. I have had the car for a year and in that time have seen exactly one just out driving around. Many more 350ā€™s.
you are comparing a brand new model to one that has been out now for eight years, how is this a surprise again?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
the M1 TREMEC has two features the 350 TREMEC does not....i don't care if they are electronics or a rubber band loop behind the pedal.
Don't matter if you care or not facts are facts and Its not a transmission difference.
Its a throttle drive by wire difference.

I think I hate the 350 crowd more than Camaro devotees.
Meh, life is short - they're cars designed by engineers with features picked by marketeers not religious sects to throw hate over. They're all awesome from my 69 Mach1's to this gen.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I donā€™t think anyone should be allowed to post a sincere thought on this topic in any thread ever again unless you have actually driven both cars. Otherwise itā€™s like saying pizza is so much better than steak, hands down, even though Iā€™ve never tried steak.

Let the bashing continueā€¦
Any Pizza Iā€™d have IMHO really would be better than steak. I LOVE ā¤ pizza.

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
So I considered trading in my 350 for the Mach 1, becuase I was thinking an automatic and the GT500 was hard to justify with "market adjustment" over MSRP. But looks wise to me I just love the widebody GT350 front clip too much to give it up. The Mach just didn't speak to me the right way I suppose. I also didn't care for the decals so much (but LOVED the wheels) on the higher trim Mach 1's. In the end I am keeping the 350 at least for a while longer. But do I think the GT350 a 'better car?". I'm done with that. It's what you enjoy. But I will remind that the GT350 has received fantastic press, including in the top 10 GOAT. That's amazing for a Mustang based anything to be in such company.
Early in the thread so many made references to the R version. I am sure it is great, and no doubt exclusive, but it has been discussed over and over that the 2019/20 GT350 'base' versus R became closer than ever, and the stat's from Ford own test data (1/4 mile, braking, track times) has shown that. There are many a thread on this site with the back and forths debates on that, but the numbers are there. YOU decide. I also feel anytime they say "this version Mustang with the A10 is just about as fast as a GT350", if anything, gives more brownie points to the Shelby. Everyone knows at this point the computers and 10 speeds give the other car an advantage over a manual, and the fact the 350 can still hang, and or beat out, is amazing. I think it more fair to say GT350 Manual vs Mach 1 manual.
As far as reliable I have 10k miles, not a single issue, at least yet. A lot of awesome exotic sports cars you run the risk of damage and high prices if something happens, if anyhing, I think I'm ahead compared to some of the German and British cars I have owned in the past.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Winding Road Magazine just posted up their Mach 1 POV driving video. Here's a direct link to both the '22 Mach 1 and '20 GT350 just because it's relevant. Both videos recorded using the same binaural audio recording devices, so if you have headphones, put them on, since it's the closest thing to hearing how they sound IRL.

Mach 1

GT350

FWIW, I like both cars, and I'd probably have purchased a Mach 1 if I didn't have the opportunity to buy my GT350 when I did. They both look good. I prefer the GT350's exterior, with its fender flares, hood vent, and fascia-mounted tips, and think the stripes are iconic, but the Mach looks beefy and "fixes" what I didn't like about the MY18+ GT fascia.

But I'd be lying if I said that I'd be anywhere near as happy with the Coyote versus the Voodoo simply on a noise basis alone. I'd give up the updated digital cluster and rev matching for that any day of the week (and the Voodoo's throttle tip-in makes heel-toeing so incredibly easy, at least versus a standard GT which is a little clumsy to pull off).

Both good cars in different ways. The Mach would make a better daily based on the torque, rev-matching, and reliability alone, but my heart would be set on the GT350 every time.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
So I considered trading in my 350 for the Mach 1, becuase I was thinking an automatic and the GT500 was hard to justify with "market adjustment" over MSRP. But looks wise to me I just love the widebody GT350 front clip too much to give it up. The Mach just didn't speak to me the right way I suppose. I also didn't care for the decals so much (but LOVED the wheels) on the higher trim Mach 1's. In the end I am keeping the 350 at least for a while longer. But do I think the GT350 a 'better car?". I'm done with that. It's what you enjoy. But I will remind that the GT350 has received fantastic press, including in the top 10 GOAT. That's amazing for a Mustang based anything to be in such company.
Early in the thread so many made references to the R version. I am sure it is great, and no doubt exclusive, but it has been discussed over and over that the 2019/20 GT350 'base' versus R became closer than ever, and the stat's from Ford own test data (1/4 mile, braking, track times) has shown that. There are many a thread on this site with the back and forths debates on that, but the numbers are there. YOU decide. I also feel anytime they say "this version Mustang with the A10 is just about as fast as a GT350", if anything, gives more brownie points to the Shelby. Everyone knows at this point the computers and 10 speeds give the other car an advantage over a manual, and the fact the 350 can still hang, and or beat out, is amazing. I think it more fair to say GT350 Manual vs Mach 1 manual.
As far as reliable I have 10k miles, not a single issue, at least yet. A lot of awesome exotic sports cars you run the risk of damage and high prices if something happens, if anyhing, I think I'm ahead compared to some of the German and British cars I have owned in the past.
Hi - Just a curiosity question. Was the GT350 on the GOAT list the early ones from back in the mid ā€™60s or a modern one? Bruce

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Hi - Just a curiosity question. Was the GT350 on the GOAT list the early ones from back in the mid ā€™60s or a modern one? Bruce
It was in Car and Driver I think (?) but it was basing it on 2015-2020

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I would have bought a GT350 if I could have had an automatic. I almost bought a Bullitt because dark green is my favorite color and it had a lot of the go fast stuff I wanted, but didn't for the same reason. I bought an Eruption Green Mach1, which turned out to be the perfect storm Mustang...for ME! It has most all the go fast of the GT350, the cool dash, electronics and dark green paint like the Bullit...AND I could get it with the awesome A10 trans.

They are all great cars, and I love all of them, just mine, I love more. Mach1 RULES! :sunglasses:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
So I considered trading in my 350 for the Mach 1, becuase I was thinking an automatic and the GT500 was hard to justify with "market adjustment" over MSRP. But looks wise to me I just love the widebody GT350 front clip too much to give it up. The Mach just didn't speak to me the right way I suppose. I also didn't care for the decals so much (but LOVED the wheels) on the higher trim Mach 1's.
ha, same here almost word for word. I even went so far as to drag my lazy @$$ all the way to Iowaā€¦

0E78EE12-C896-4AE2-BD8C-8AA4C1A2439C.jpeg

and test drive one of the first few M1s that Granger got on the lot, back in early 2021ā€¦

A398330B-F943-4645-89E9-9E01309DCB67.jpeg

ā€¦it just didnā€™t do it for me, so I shall suffer on with the R šŸ˜¬

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
ha, same here almost word for word. I even went so far as to drag my lazy @$$ all the way to Iowaā€¦

0E78EE12-C896-4AE2-BD8C-8AA4C1A2439C.jpeg

and test drive one of the first few M1s that Granger got on the lot, back in early 2021ā€¦

A398330B-F943-4645-89E9-9E01309DCB67.jpeg

ā€¦it just didnā€™t do it for me, so I shall suffer on with the R šŸ˜¬
Yes, I could see wanting to stick with an R if you compared it to a Mach without the handling package.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Yes, I could see wanting to stick with an R if you compared it to a Mach without the handling package.
drove that one too, but wasnā€™t allowed to take a pic because one of you yahoos had already purchased it šŸ™ˆ
Sponsored