Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I don’t think anyone should be allowed to post a sincere thought on this topic in any thread ever again unless you have actually driven both cars. Otherwise it’s like saying pizza is so much better than steak, hands down, even though I’ve never tried steak.

Let the bashing continue…

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Sensitive on the 350 tremec a bit? Performance wise it is not even a discussion point...sorry they didn't give you that on the 350 stock...time moves on and the dealer didn't say anything that wasn't true.
Nah… not at all, but you failed to enlighten us as to how the M1 Tremec is better than the 350 Tremec… conjecture is still an opinionated guess, not fact, until it’s merit is proven.

Me thinks if you really wanted to significant differences between the cars, the rear suspension has to be discussed. That integral rear link and bushing compliance that induces understeer… according to chief engineer Widmann, it leads to stability, which means you’ll have to find a new way around that corner.

Alas, these are trivial matters to discuss when we’re comparing two great cars, right?

Sponsored

HuskyDad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Rael, i agree! Maybe it’s just the new looks of the Mach over the seemingly endless Shelby look, but the Machs are to me, a nicer looking ride

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
Couldashouldawoulda….

I could say the same thing about the Voodoo which would likely benefit the FPC moreso than the CPC.

Aren’t a lotta dudes using the GT350 intake?……. I can’t remember many posts about GT350 owners putting M1 parts on our cars…. But then again, Tis the season for the upside world.

How is the Tremec in the in the M1 better than the GT350 Tremec just cause you can stand on the gas during a shift? Interesting……… I’d like to see the clutch life of both trannies and durability before I agreed to that statement.
The no-lift shift is an electronics thing. It may be something added to the transmission after the GT350 was replaced with the Mach 1.
I initially wanted a new GT350, but none were available when I started shopping in 2021. So I got a Mach 1. I love it. It is fun to drive. Respect to the 350. I wish I had the chance to drive one and compare.
I will now resume my lurking. 🥷

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I chose my Mach 1 over a GT350 for the more mundane, torquey & reliable Coyote than the exotic, racy & finicky Voodoo engine.
Now I can see someone starting this thread and adding…. I would love someone to come out to my local track and prove me wrong. I wanted a new 350 but they stopped making them and wasn’t willing to get a used one. I didn’t even want to entertain the thought of a Mach 1 until I looked closer at it. They are both outstanding Mustangs. I you wanted something mundane then why not just a GT, you could have saved a lot of money.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - GT vs. Shelby vs. Mach 1 vs. Bullitt, etc. are just just some of life’s comparisons. Another comparison - When I remarried my former wife said ”One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure“…. Bruce

Last edited:

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Objectivity shows both are winners for the reasons why one purchased one vs the other. High performance Mustangs bring out the enjoyment factor over just transportation cars. In this thread the Mach1 is being compared to the GT350. Not the other way around. I’m old enough to remember that most cars that are trying to compare with the original recognized never resale the same. A well researched find and priced well GT350 might be free to own . Considering purchase price and the resale at a later date . The Mach1 has a lesser chance of that as it doesn’t have a good seasoned resale record because it’s too new . And for some that only want a new one, your Mach1 is now used after you’ve driven it home. Cost of ownership should be a decision factor.

Sponsored

LateApex1188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1
Now I can see someone starting this thread and adding…. I would love someone to come out to my local track and prove me wrong. I wanted a new 350 but they stopped making them and wasn’t willing to get a used one. I didn’t even want to entertain the thought of a Mach 1 until I looked closer at it. They are both outstanding Mustangs. I you wanted something mundane then why not just a GT, you could have saved a lot of money.
Mundane Coyote, not Mustang.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I only wish I was as smart as you think I am. Thank you.
You're telling me, you are the "Blind Squirrel" Troll, that finds a Troll "Nut"?

Just kidding, you mirror some of what I was thinking, but wouldn't post.
:crackup:

CypressX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
Reliability, paint, interior, quality of construction, panel alignment, handling, ride quality, front/rear weight bias, mpg, ... and on and on and on.
LMAO, let's not pretend their hasn't been any QC issues with the GR86/BRZ. There has been plenty of reported incidents of blown motors along with the well documented RTV issue with little to no action by Toyota or Subaru, probably just a lot of internal finger pointing between the 2 companies over who's liable. Total embarrassment imo. I wanted one at one point but between re-donk dealer adm and the jury still being out on long term durability of that pos boxer, it's a hard pass!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Sensitive on the 350 tremec a bit? Performance wise it is not even a discussion point...sorry they didn't give you that on the 350 stock...time moves on and the dealer didn't say anything that wasn't true.
FP literally says "Mach 1 comes standard with a Tremec™ 3160 6-speed manual transmission from the Shelby GT350".

The difference, much like rev matching, comes down to software that prevents over revving when clutch disengaged. Arguably something a track car doesn't need staying in 3rd most of the time and running through rev range.
And the hardware is the same.

They're both great - we're lucky to have either.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
the M1 TREMEC has two features the 350 TREMEC does not....i don't care if they are electronics or a rubber band loop behind the pedal. The guy who bested the 350R time in the car on LL attributed some of it to those features-that is proof enough for me. Could you put on a 350...sure...but the discussion here is kind of a stock compared to stock.

I hope the Dark Horse thumps the 350 (and Mach 1 as their times are so close). Won't hurt my feelings as a Mach 1 owner, but 350 guys will continue to cry.

I think I hate the 350 crowd more than Camaro devotees.
Sponsored

Last edited: