Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The M1 should (in my mind) have always been a drag car.
could not agree more. personally I would've liked to have seen the M1 w/ a destroked godzilla, and setup for straightline performance.

not that it is a slouch at the drag strip with the auto, but just a big beefy pushrod motor would've been sweet. If I ever end up winning the lotto or something I'll buy another M1 and do an engine swap.
Sponsored

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Things I like about the M1 for tracking : rev matching, adaptive exhaust, and dedicated track dashboard. And the cooled seats.

Things I like about the M1 for street use: low rpm power, silent mode, and heated seats.

Does the GT350 have any of that ?
I have heated and cooled seats

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
No but it does have better brakes, more horsepower, and a way better sound
Sound is subjective, I watched a blind exhaust clip of a bunch of different engines v8-v12, and frankly, the worst sounding of any of them was the voodoo

Sponsored

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
You my friend are in the minority.
Not really, it doesnt sound like a v8 muscle car, which is fine if thats what you want. but lets be honest here, the gap between the mach 1 and the gt350 in every single test, road test or otherwise is incredibly small, the mach 1 even beats the gt350 in some tests like the figure 8. People acting like the GT350 is somehow superior in every way because of the voodoo are full of it. Its a first gen engine, that already has extremely well documented reliability issues, i wouldnt touch one.

Hell i know the guy who did the software in the ECU for both the gt350 and the GT500, and even he said he wouldnt buy a 350 because of the voodoos issues

Last edited:

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The gt350 IS SLOW A.F.

To my knowledge no one has ran 10s N/A yet.
We were shocked and disappointed when my bros 2017 350R with lth, E85 tune only ran high 11s.
Slower than his old bolt on 2013 gt.
Sold it a few weeks later for a new gt500

All that said...10r80 mach 1 > gt350.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
People we all need to bow down to the V8's. I am picking up my Mach Juan today!! 😍

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

Bill was respectful in his comparison videos. He does little things like refer to the GT350 as “The Shelby” but doesn’t do the same when talking about the GT500. I was referring more to the comments that come with these videos. People can get downright obnoxious with their comments. The Mach 1, GT350 and GT500 are all fantastic cars. It was interesting for me to see the GT350 get a little of the GT500 treatment.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I love my Mach, but yea, the GT350 is the more special car.
First, I would like to say that I love GT350's and GT500's, but...

It's funny, back in the original days, that would be true, as Mustangs became Shelby GT350's under direction of Carrol Shelby and his team of engineers, and racing guru's at a shop in El Segundo, CA. The latest variations, as well the sticker package cars of the late '70's all rolled off the same final assembly line and straight to dealers, just like the most meek and modest Mustang of the same model year. Some of the parts are different, the stickers and badges are different, but they are still Ford Mustangs, built by the same group of UAW workers on the same line.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13861

Geez here we go again, no doubt the 350 is a stand out but with the technology getting a bit dated, its very impressive it still can hold it's own and often surpass the newer Mustang performance models (or any make in the price range)Granted if the mach didnt have the shelby add on's these threads would never be created.

OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Hey, the thread was created to offer my subjective feelings about daily driving a GT350, and then a Mach 1. Others began opining as to which Mustang is best; and the sniping began.
Sponsored