Sponsored

Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Rhymes with Mach E…

I agree, no need for in-family fights, BUT, I couldn’t resist noticing that the Mach 1 shares its name with the Mach E, while the Shelby GT350 shares its name with the stronger GT500.
:crazy:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Are you feeling strong my friend? Call me an elf one more time!

(google the scene from Elf with Will Ferrell)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
True, but cosmetically the same thing can be said about the GT350? Its basically a Base GT with a bumper, fenders, shelby stickers, wheels and a wing.
That’s a firm negative ghostrider…

The GT350 has many features aside from a baseGT. We all know stickers make you go faster, butttt…

In the case of the highest performance package of the GT, Mach 1 and GT350, the GT350R is hard to beat.

We can start with the brakes… C&D May have proved the stopping distances to be similar but what is not reported is the multiple track-use periods the GT350 brakes can handle with little fade. I’d trust the GT350 brakes everyday and 3 times at communion over the GT or M1 brakes for repeated use.

Next, let’s look at the front-end geometry… neither the M1 or GT can beat the GT350 geometry and when you add in other factors like carbon fiber wheels, in sprung weight becomes a factor. The GT350R has so much dial-in and responsiveness… it’s a hand-honed Japanese blade compared to an “As Seen on TV” $19.99 special. Drive all 3… you’ll see the difference.

Both the M1 and GT350 benefit from the Tremec 3160, so the base GT is left out here. The shifters for the 3160 are great from Ford, but add in an MGW and it’s mil-spec ready.

The base GT sounds nothing near as good as the GT350/R or M1… I agree, you either love the Voodoo or hate it’s rasp, but one thing’s for certain, no other car on the road has its note.

As for looks… it’s hard to beat the menacingness of a Shadow Black GT350R without stripes. That car lools
Like a rolling Darth Vader. It looks like it wants to kill anything around it. The same is said for a Shadow Black GT500 CFTP without stripes. The M1 is a great looking car as well, but the stripes take away from the car IMHO. That being said, I have owned both a 1971 B351 and M1 429CJ and I can tell you they look much better without all the flat black, but that’s the relative packages they have.

And then there’s desire… people love the name “Shelby”, and associate it with track cars and Ford-produced Shelbies usually come with distinct engine packages from other Mustangs, which is the case with the GT350/500. The M1 usually has an engine available in other Ford cars with mods. This adds to the collectibility and desire to own a Shelby. Add to that the fact that the 2015-2020 GT350 is the only FPC Ford ever produced and there’s an additional level of collectibility.

Personally, I love the ICE Mustang in all of its variants, as it’s a great car… I think downing a fellow ICE Mustang just because it’s this or that is not the wisest choice of keyboarding but it happens. If I could change anything it would be to denounce that dreaded electric SUV as a Mustang-anything.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
That’s a firm negative ghostrider…

The GT350 has many features aside from a baseGT. We all know stickers make you go faster, butttt…

In the case of the highest performance package of the GT, Mach 1 and GT350, the GT350R is hard to beat.

We can start with the brakes… C&D May have proved the stopping distances to be similar but what is not reported is the multiple track-use periods the GT350 brakes can handle with little fade. I’d trust the GT350 brakes everyday and 3 times at communion over the GT or M1 brakes for repeated use.

Next, let’s look at the front-end geometry… neither the M1 or GT can beat the GT350 geometry and when you add in other factors like carbon fiber wheels, in sprung weight becomes a factor. The GT350R has so much dial-in and responsiveness… it’s a hand-honed Japanese blade compared to an “As Seen on TV” $19.99 special. Drive all 3… you’ll see the difference.

Both the M1 and GT350 benefit from the Tremec 3160, so the base GT is left out here. The shifters for the 3160 are great from Ford, but add in an MGW and it’s mil-spec ready.

The base GT sounds nothing near as good as the GT350/R or M1… I agree, you either love the Voodoo or hate it’s rasp, but one thing’s for certain, no other car on the road has its note.

As for looks… it’s hard to beat the menacingness of a Shadow Black GT350R without stripes. That car lools
Like a rolling Darth Vader. It looks like it wants to kill anything around it. The same is said for a Shadow Black GT500 CFTP without stripes. The M1 is a great looking car as well, but the stripes take away from the car IMHO. That being said, I have owned both a 1971 B351 and M1 429CJ and I can tell you they look much better without all the flat black, but that’s the relative packages they have.

And then there’s desire… people love the name “Shelby”, and associate it with track cars and Ford-produced Shelbies usually come with distinct engine packages from other Mustangs, which is the case with the GT350/500. The M1 usually has an engine available in other Ford cars with mods. This adds to the collectibility and desire to own a Shelby. Add to that the fact that the 2015-2020 GT350 is the only FPC Ford ever produced and there’s an additional level of collectibility.

Personally, I love the ICE Mustang in all of its variants, as it’s a great car… I think downing a fellow ICE Mustang just because it’s this or that is not the wisest choice of keyboarding but it happens. If I could change anything it would be to denounce that dreaded electric SUV as a Mustang-anything.
DUDE RELAX! I KNOW, I SAID COSMETICALLY LOL

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
The base GT sounds exactly like the Mach 1. It's the GT350 that sounds like it came from another planet. I've never heard a stock car that sounded so good! Makes my Mach 1 sound boring next to the Shelby GT350

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The base GT sounds exactly like the Mach 1. It's the GT350 that sounds like it came from another planet. I've never heard a stock car that sounded so good! Makes my Mach 1 sound boring next to the Shelby GT350
From the everything is subjective department…

I like the sound of the Mach way more than the 350. Stangmode has an early comparison test video that we’ve all probably seen by now that has side by side startups and I love the low rumble of the Mach. But then again I don’t like driving in the top 1000 rpm of the rev range. Got enough kids in ricers around here doing that.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I actually spec'd out a Mach 1 before buying my GT350.
The Mach 1 was going to cost nearly the same so I went with the Shelby.

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
I actually spec'd out a Mach 1 before buying my GT350.
The Mach 1 was going to cost nearly the same so I went with the Shelby.
I contemplated the same thing, but i refused to by into a voodoo engine. I mean ford themselves said they arent making it as a crate motor, has many noted reliability issues, and will probably be a pain to maintain. And whatever i bought was going to be daily driven. I didnt want to deal with oil consumption issues, and what seems to be a ticking time bomb with the voodoo even in the newer rev

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
From the everything is subjective department…

I like the sound of the Mach way more than the 350. Stangmode has an early comparison test video that we’ve all probably seen by now that has side by side startups and I love the low rumble of the Mach. But then again I don’t like driving in the top 1000 rpm of the rev range. Got enough kids in ricers around here doing that.
got a link to that video?
Sponsored