Sponsored

Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Great thread.

I'm an engine guy and I think the Voodoo is amazing. Contrary to what the OP wrote, it does make more torque than the engine in the Mach 1.

But no one in this thread has mentioned the GT350 brakes. They are so much better than the regular PP brakes in the Mach 1 - they really make the GT350 feel special.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Hmm I seem to remember reading in a lot of the reviews that the Mach brakes were actually surprisingly good... but it's been a while, I might be misremembering.

Either way they are both awesome cars. No offense to the GT500 guys but I'd take a Mach or a 350 over a 500, if for no other reason than because it's fun to shift the gears.

Weirdly, I've been to quite a few car shows this summer, and there are ALWAYS more GT500's there than GT350's. And I've only ever seen another Mach at one show.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
the M1 is the pinnacle of Ford 5 liter performance to date. the best Coyote S550 built. if you say it is just stickers and fascia you dont know squat about Mustangs. sorry.

it is not a one of kind, universally hailed, Voodoo engine that revs past 8k in an intoxicating manner.

no professional carguy likes the M1 better than a 350. in the end many can not get past the fact that is just a Coyote based S550. that is fine. later.
I think you might have accidentally overlooked the word cosmetically while I was referring the the ops comment about specifically, the look and profile of the Mach 1.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great thread.

I'm an engine guy and I think the Voodoo is amazing. Contrary to what the OP wrote, it does make more torque than the engine in the Mach 1.

But no one in this thread has mentioned the GT350 brakes. They are so much better than the regular PP brakes in the Mach 1 - they really make the GT350 feel special.
The brakes aren’t a factor In the Mach 1. For whatever reason they were tested equal to the GT350R brakes. How they did that I don’t know, but C&D verified it.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I think you might have accidentally overlooked the word cosmetically while I was referring the the ops comment about specifically, the look and profile of the Mach 1.
True, but cosmetically the same thing can be said about the GT350? Its basically a Base GT with a bumper, fenders, shelby stickers, wheels and a wing.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The brakes aren’t a factor In the Mach 1. For whatever reason they were tested equal to the GT350R brakes. How they did that I don’t know, but C&D verified it.
They might be equal in stopping distance during an instrumented braking test where the stopping distance depends entirely on tire grip, but they aren't equal in driver feel and enjoyment.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
They might be equal in stopping distance during an instrumented braking test where the stopping distance depends entirely on tire grip, but they aren't equal in driver feel and enjoyment.
I won't comment on that. But I just love the look of the Shelby disk brakes.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but cosmetically the same thing can be said about the GT350? Its basically a Base GT with a bumper, fenders, shelby stickers, wheels and a wing.
Hood, fenders, headlights engine….The GT350 is unique. I love my Mach 1 and it’s unique in its own way
but realistically, all these cars are closely related. (Hear that GT500 folks?) :cwl: Yeah, I LIKE GT350’s.
Truly like arguing with your brother, like someone had already mentioned.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My PP1 equipped GT didn’t feel like this with what is supposedly the same parts and certainly feels a lot like more like the 2016 track pack I test drove.

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I like both cars equally, I would drive both, but the track argument has to go to Billy Johnson, he
most likely is the only one here that has the skill to see which is better and why. Also in Imsa they
are still using the nose and most aero from the GT350.
Most times it comes down to the Driver and tire on the car.

Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
It’s all subjective. But if you buy a GT350 for the track because it’s that good of a track car you just read too much on the internet. Should have bought an R. If a 350 was that good on the track why make the R? Because they really aren’t that good for the money and a properly prepped GT PP will be better for less money. Daily drivers are not even worth the discussion as every car is a personal preference. To buy a track car with a 70K budget you’ll get way farther with a used S550 and racing upgrades building a car that can take a beating and will keep coming back for more.

I’ve been on the track with many GT 350s and every one of them is like “damn your car is quick”. But my car will never be a Shelby and with all that’s done to it it’s a big depreciating asset that I’ll never see the money back from. I bought it for 27K used and have around 10K into it over what the original owner did. That money is gone.

Bottom Line. There’s no “better” car. It’s what’s best for you.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I love the Mach 1 looks and the name so win win.
Rhymes with Mach E…

I agree, no need for in-family fights, BUT, I couldn’t resist noticing that the Mach 1 shares its name with the Mach E, while the Shelby GT350 shares its name with the stronger GT500.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Rhymes with Mach E…

I agree, no need for in-family fights, BUT, I couldn’t resist noticing that the Mach 1 shares its name with the Mach E, while the Shelby GT350 shares its name with the stronger GT500.
lol I can’t tell you how much it angers me when someone calls it Mach E. BUT usually people that say that don’t know shit about cars so who cares.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
lol I can’t tell you how much it angers me when someone calls it Mach E. BUT usually people that say that don’t know shit about cars so who cares.
M
A
C
H

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE….

I’m waiting for the Mach YeEzy.
Sponsored