Sponsored

Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have excellent taste in things(lol right?), others that also have great taste know what I mean. So i can say with utmost confidence that obviously the gt350 is in a completely different league than the Mach 1. Looks, sound, and performance-feel all go unanimously to the gt350. What else is there to judge a hotrod by except for those three things?

The Mach 1 is literally a gt with shelby parts on it, they should have called it a GT-R instead of sullying the Mach name. Actually saw one today, i recognized it from afar as being a Mach 1 and not a gt cause it had stickers. As i approached, it struck me as unremarkable, and the driver furiously vaping out the window didnt help. Sounded like a gt with a borla cat back, a sound I know well since I owned one.

The reality is they simply would not have put SO many stickers and those HUGE gt500 exhaust tips if they werent needed to give owners a feeling of "hey this isnt just a gt." But it unfortunately is.

Admittedly, Mach 1 owners had/have no other purchase option since they cancelled the gt350 and with no other choice then yes it was/is the top purchase option in terms of new, high-performance oriented, warranteed, stick-shift mustangs...so I understand why people buy it. But I'd bet the farm that if they made the Mach 1 AND continued with the gt350 then people would be buying the gt350 90% of the time, obviously, no contest.

:ontheloo:
This post made me chuckle! Makes no sense. Have another buddy.
the gt350 and Mach 1 are about the same difference from a GT.
Interior same
Add cooling for track
suspension and chassis upgrades
Engine power increased
transmission upgrades
front and rear end unique to model
add stickers and unique name

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
for goodness sakes!!! 17 pages?!?!

Look, the Mach 1 is a Mack in England… Shelby is Shelby everywhere. Who wants to have a Mack 1?

And, besides… there’s no Mach Heritage Edition, like us crap-engine Voodoo dudes/dudettes get… so take that!

Ok… pg 18 now.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
18 pages of absolute TRASH

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
17 pages ? Has anyone mentioned the front knuckles and rear callipers yet ?

Oh crap, what have I done now … :facepalm:

WD :like:
it was 18, I think some people may have deleted lol.

you know I am glad Mach 1 gets all this criticism, everyone hates the hot new girl in town.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
it was 18, I think some people may have deleted lol.

you know I am glad Mach 1 gets all this criticism, everyone hates the hot new girl in town.
LOL this has been going on for almost 2 years... so many people would rather look for as many reasons as they can to put the Mach down, rather than acknowledge that it's a very capable car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Any Pizza I’d have IMHO really would be better than steak. I LOVE ❤ pizza.
I love pizza too, but steak is way better.

SNIP
Ford will almost certainly continue their war on customers by choking supply numbers of the Darkhorse allowing dealers to continue the asinine markups. I'm betting after the initial models hit, the car is still more toward $75k+.
I agree with the sentiment "war on customers".

Really, the engine is the only thing that sets them apart. Some like Voodoo more, some like Coyote more. Otherwise they are very comparable. With historical names and badges too. Why not leave it at that?
Engine and brakes are the main differences. Oh, and styling. GT350 gets the cool hood and fender vents whereas Mach 1 gets a plastic lip around the fender.

LOL this has been going on for almost 2 years... so many people would rather look for as many reasons as they can to put the Mach down, rather than acknowledge that it's a very capable car.
The Mach 1 is a great car. As is the base GT. There's nothing wrong with them at all.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I honestly like them both… they’re both gorgeous cars to me, I’m just prejudiced to a small extent.

Anyone ever been in a discussion where someone points out the FACT that Republican women look better than Dem chicks?.. at least this is a much more tenable comparo.

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I like both cars but on looks alone, the mach 1 sold me. I was never a fan of the 15-17 looks of the s550. The 18+ grew on me a little bit but once i laid eyes on the mach 1, that was it. The Shelbys are cool for what they are but i would never own one just based on that one preference. I mean you have to like what your looking at everyday, not just a numbers game. lol

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
This thread is one of the sole reasons I don't go to car meets, gatherings, cars n coffee etc. don't joint car clubs or anything like that.

I enjoy my car alone with a few close close car buddies.

the few times I go to cars n coffee I take my rav 4. People suck and wanna argue to a toxic level about how others spend their money/enjoy life.
Smh