2022 Mustang GT

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
If you want to stir the pot, Eleanor vs Bullitt as best movie mustang....
I'd take the Original Eleanor from 1974 over the retread, and nothing comes close to the Bullitt!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Iā€™ll just leave this right here

1548CDE0-4533-4289-A1F9-9CACFA27865A.jpeg

Sponsored

mustang810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
Any actual car enthusiast would know the GT350 is better than the Mach 1. 350 is a much bigger number than 1, come on now guys.
I didnā€™t know much about higher level Mustangs until after I got my GT. And reading here. Then after looking at pictures of them I thought the higher up Mustangs only have a small snake on the rear. Haha. Of course they are faster.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Any actual car enthusiast would know the GT350 is better than the Mach 1. 350 is a much bigger number than 1, come on now guys.
Yep and the GT350 is only half as good of a car as the GT500 šŸ¤”

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
I have excellent taste in things(lol right?), others that also have great taste know what I mean. So i can say with utmost confidence that obviously the gt350 is in a completely different league than the Mach 1. Looks, sound, and performance-feel all go unanimously to the gt350. What else is there to judge a hotrod by except for those three things?

The Mach 1 is literally a gt with shelby parts on it, they should have called it a GT-R instead of sullying the Mach name. Actually saw one today, i recognized it from afar as being a Mach 1 and not a gt cause it had stickers. As i approached, it struck me as unremarkable, and the driver furiously vaping out the window didnt help. Sounded like a gt with a borla cat back, a sound I know well since I owned one.

The reality is they simply would not have put SO many stickers and those HUGE gt500 exhaust tips if they werent needed to give owners a feeling of "hey this isnt just a gt." But it unfortunately is.

Admittedly, Mach 1 owners had/have no other purchase option since they cancelled the gt350 and with no other choice then yes it was/is the top purchase option in terms of new, high-performance oriented, warranteed, stick-shift mustangs...so I understand why people buy it. But I'd bet the farm that if they made the Mach 1 AND continued with the gt350 then people would be buying the gt350 90% of the time, obviously, no contest.

:ontheloo:

Sponsored

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
I have excellent taste in things(lol right?), others that also have great taste know what I mean. So i can say with utmost confidence that obviously the gt350 is in a completely different league than the Mach 1. Looks, sound, and performance-feel all go unanimously to the gt350. What else is there to judge a hotrod by except for those three things?

The Mach 1 is literally a gt with shelby parts on it, they should have called it a GT-R instead of sullying the Mach name. Actually saw one today, i recognized it from afar as being a Mach 1 and not a gt cause it had stickers. As i approached, it struck me as unremarkable, and the driver furiously vaping out the window didnt help. Sounded like a gt with a borla cat back, a sound I know well since I owned one.

The reality is they simply would not have put SO many stickers and those HUGE gt500 exhaust tips if they werent needed to give owners a feeling of "hey this isnt just a gt." But it unfortunately is.

Admittedly, Mach 1 owners had/have no other purchase option since they cancelled the gt350 and with no other choice then yes it was/is the top purchase option in terms of new, high-performance oriented, warranteed, stick-shift mustangs...so I understand why people buy it. But I'd bet the farm that if they made the Mach 1 AND continued with the gt350 then people would be buying the gt350 90% of the time, obviously, no contest.

It absolutely is a contest. Ford discontinued the voodoo complete, for a reason. Most engines get crate offerings, but even ford knows the voodoo is a complete cluster fuck of an engine. the Mach 1 beat the 350 in the lightning laps, and on the track, the better driver between a 350 and a mach 1 will ALWAYS win. there is very little real performance difference between the 2

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Really, the engine is the only thing that sets them apart. Some like Voodoo more, some like Coyote more. Otherwise they are very comparable. With historical names and badges too. Why not leave it at that?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

I want some of whatever you smokingā€¦..