wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Things I like about the M1 for tracking : rev matching, adaptive exhaust, and dedicated track dashboard. And the cooled seats.

Things I like about the M1 for street use: low rpm power, silent mode, and heated seats.

Does the GT350 have any of that ?
not all, no…but the few we don’t have, I can experience while driving my wife’s bmw 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Thank you SO much for this thread, @Rael . I haven't had this much fun since the "Why the Mach 1 is a ripoff" thread of last summer :crackup:
Mea culpa. I simply explained my subjective (used the word twice) comparison of the GT350 and the Mach 1 as daily drivers and only occasional track cars. The vitriol has been entertaining though.

Bringing the discussion back around though, as I was heading toward the freeway this morning, I stopped at a red light and a police officer pulled up next to me in an SUV. He tells me: "I'll trade you--and I'll thrown in all the guns."

I told him I just got it, and he said "Enjoy it!" I took off a little loudly, for his benefit. Then, thinking about what he said, I drove past the freeway, to Mulholland Drive, down Old Topanga Canyon to the Pacific Coast Highway, and up to Malibu. I'm not begging a debate with anyone about anything when I say that I enjoy driving this Mach 1 around town even more than the GT350. (Too soon for track days.)

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Think so?

Im on my 4th Mustang and firmly stand behind all of those I listed.

Actually... the S550 is probably worse on many of those I listed than prior generations.
first, understand that I wantd a GR86. i tried to get one but my kids hated the back seat and toyota can't make em fast enough. keep that "can't make it fast enough" part in mind.

I do. I spent 3 years correcting all of the many failures SVT and ford built into the Cobra I had so I'm very aware of the shortcomings from big blue. This also means I'm acutely aware of the progress they have made in the 25 years since my cobra first rolled off the line.

this is my third mustang, it is the best, fastest, most refined, most balanced, and has the best fit and finish of the bunch. perfect? heck no. surprisingly good, though.

frankly i'm shocked at how good this car is. maybe you got a bad one.
maybe i got a lemon and don't know it yet, who knows?

but i drive it every chance i get.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I love my Mach, but yea, the GT350 is the more special car.

From a dollar value/practicality standout, the Mach is hands down the winner, though it will be interesting to see what GT350 prices do over the run of the S650 cars. I can see depreciation being either minimal or heavy.

I'll add, there are probably better track cars for the money. The joy in these cars (to me) is driving around town, cruising a highway, and enjoying the exhaust note. Something both cars do well but in slightly different ways.

Last edited:

Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Things I like about the M1 for tracking : rev matching, adaptive exhaust, and dedicated track dashboard. And the cooled seats.

Things I like about the M1 for street use: low rpm power, silent mode, and heated seats.

Does the GT350 have any of that ?
No but it does have better brakes, more horsepower, and a way better sound

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Right. And I’ll also give you the better look.
I got a M1 because it ticked off all the track and street reasons why I wanted a 911. But if I had stretched my budget to buy a Porsche, there would have been nothing left for maintenance and spare parts.
With the M1, there was no reason to continue dreaming about a 911 anymore. Especially since I have been daily driving mustangs for 20 years. That’s my crowd.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
facts. personally, I prefer my pp1 GT because it gets close enough to feel track focused without being too much. most people can't use this car to its potential, let alone anything more.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
With the M1, there was no reason to continue dreaming about a 911 anymore. Especially since I have been daily driving mustangs for 20 years. That’s my crowd.
That is a real thing. I had an Audi S4 for a couple years, and just never felt like it was “me”, for lack of a better term.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
first, understand that I wantd a GR86. i tried to get one but my kids hated the back seat and toyota can't make em fast enough. keep that "can't make it fast enough" part in mind.

I do. I spent 3 years correcting all of the many failures SVT and ford built into the Cobra I had so I'm very aware of the shortcomings from big blue. This also means I'm acutely aware of the progress they have made in the 25 years since my cobra first rolled off the line.

this is my third mustang, it is the best, fastest, most refined, most balanced, and has the best fit and finish of the bunch. perfect? heck no. surprisingly good, though.

frankly i'm shocked at how good this car is. maybe you got a bad one.
maybe i got a lemon and don't know it yet, who knows?

but i drive it every chance i get.
My point is certainly NOT that the s550 is a bad car. The point is, its inferior in many ways to the GR86.

I enjoy my Mustang very much. What other platform can you create a 900+hp monster that will cruise to the track, pop off a few 9's or sub 9's and drive home with the A/C on -- All for UNDER $50k including the price of the brand new car? Answer -- Not many.

Im a straight-line guy, so this platform VERY much works for me.

But I absolutely understand what it IS and what it IS NOT.

Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
My neighbor just picked up a Mach 1. he's a great guy and we talk cars every now and again, usually about my 350. Last week he shows up in a new Mach 1 pretty excited. Really nice car. After about an hour checking out his ride he asked if he could drive the 350. I tell him sure if we can take out the Mach 1 first. This was going to be interesting.

Well, Long story short, we take the M1 out and it was great. Pulls hard down low and handles well. Again, nice car. Then we take the 350... with him driving. After a proper warm up, he does a few hard pulls and one from a roll. Thats all it took. The screaming VooDoo basically blew his mind.

His last words were...wow, that engine really is incredible.

yup.

Deleted member 56911

GT350 owners have been attempting to minimize the latest version of the GT500 since it came out. You’ll find examples of this on YouTube channels like Raiti’s Rides, Speed Phenom and CJ Pony Parts. As a GT500 owner it’s good the see the GT350 owners get a taste of their own medicine. 😀

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
My point is certainly NOT that the s550 is a bad car. The point is, its inferior in many ways to the GR86.

I enjoy my Mustang very much. What other platform can you create a 900+hp monster that will cruise to the track, pop off a few 9's or sub 9's and drive home with the A/C on -- All for UNDER $50k including the price of the brand new car? Answer -- Not many.

Im a straight-line guy, so this platform VERY much works for me.

But I absolutely understand what it IS and what it IS NOT.
im in the process of making a video along these lines but i would push back on the GR86 being its better in many ways. i'd say 2 ways. panel fitment and lightness. it has a really nice focused interior, cool gauges, fantastic price point, and looks awesome. its also 20K less.

of course you get 20K less car and since toyota spends more time making them the assembly is a little better... but that's' about it, man.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
GT350 owners have been attempting to minimize the latest version of the GT500 since it came out. You’ll find examples of this on YouTube channels like Raiti’s Rides, Speed Phenom and CJ Pony Parts. As a GT500 owner it’s good the see the GT350 owners get a taste of their own medicine. 😀
1665155720819.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Speed Phenom is a dope, only took me a couple videos to stop watching him (and maybe it’s by design for clicks/views?). Curious as to why you think CJPP is minimizing the 500 other than minimal install videos? I know Bill did the 350/500 comparison video and from what I saw he only prefers the 350 more because he likes to row his own gears. But other than that he had nothing but praise for the DCT, the power, etc of the 500. And FWIW, I would take the 500 over the 350 if I was presented the option. It’s a phenomenal performance value for the money, just a bigger price tag than most can swing. The 350 is a great car also and is a little more affordable than the 500. It’s like choosing your favorite child or something LOL
Sponsored