Sponsored

Mach 1 in Forum title

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
oh man a Mach1 w/ 5.2 Ford Performance Coyote with tremec tranny would be so cool! While I like the idea of 8250rpm, I'd rather have the CPC with better torque, less vibration, and more hp than the voodoo.
Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Depends what it's based on and the spec, but I'd imagine you're in the ballpark.

My ideal would be:

5.2 CPC V8 (475hp / 430lb/ft)
10-speed auto option
MagneRide suspension
Premium/Premier Trim (leather & suede with Mach 1 detailing)
20" 5 spoke wheels (influenced by the '04 Mach 1 design)
Dual (active) exhaust
Unique front/rear fascias

I'd be prepared to wait for the '18MY, if it comes with the facelift.

I'd pay $45k for that :ford:
I like the way you think, and I'd jump on that car with both feet. I'd probably have to have a manual trans though, and I'd like 19s in the front and 20s in the rear. Wide rear tires so it'll hook.

I think that's spot on for a Mach 1. While I don't think a shaker scoop works with this Mustang design, I would not mind seeing a hood styled with some reference to the old NACA ducts. I think there is functional (air pressure, heat venting) reason to include these.
I dunno. For me, if it doesn't have a shaker hood it isn't a Mach 1.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think the shaker hood could work. There was one on this S550 at SEMA. It was on the ProCharger booth, but I can't find any photos with the hood down :(

Edit....found one photo, hood down!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I dunno. For me, if it doesn't have a shaker hood it isn't a Mach 1.
While I absolutely loved the shaker scoop on my '03, other Mach 1s don't all necessarily have them, as I am sure you know.

Twin Turbo's post holds promise. I would have to see one a little more to change my opinion.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Would be awesome if it's just a GT PP with a Voodoo and Tremec.. keep the price down but offer the amazing high revving powertrain with the awesome sound.

Seems like they made an awfully big investment in the Voodoo engine and it does not appear it will be used in any other platform so it would make sense to use it in a Mach 1 variant that's between a standard GT and a GT350.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Seems like they made an awfully big investment in the Voodoo engine and it does not appear it will be used in any other platform so it would make sense to use it in a Mach 1 variant that's between a standard GT and a GT350.
I think the engine development has been amortized already for something beyond the FPC engine. I base this on the fact there is a 5.2 block and heads for cross-plane crank in the Ford Performance parts catalog now.

An FPC engine is counter to the character of the Mach 1 heritage - not really a high revver like a road course car but rather a torque-rich puller for straight-line acceleration.

Of course, we have an excellent IRS now for a new Mach 1, but I think the GT350's value proposition is driven by the FPC engine. If it wound up in another model, it would seem counter to the draw. Also, slight aside, the fuel economy performance is likely something that would be considered in another feature car. I suspect product planners would not want another gas guzzler Mustang engine.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Actually, there will be 2 Mach 1's debuting before the end of this year as 2017's. The first will be a GT PP model with the GT350 engine with a 6 speed sequential manual transmission(an "LX" version with no power windows etc. will be avail. to fight off the upcoming Z28). The second Mach 1 will have the same sequential 6 speed with an Ecoboost 4 with forged crank, rods, pistons and a bigger turbo/intercooler-putting out 400 hp.

Yeah right! It's good to dream. But with the Ford GT, GT350, RS Focus, maybe it's not a dream. Ford has been hitting a bunch of homeruns lately.

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
I think the shaker hood could work. There was one on this S550 at SEMA. It was on the ProCharger booth, but I can't find any photos with the hood down :(

Edit....found one photo, hood down!

I know the guy who made the hood. And he has the car... Let me know if you want more pictures. The car is for sale also.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know the guy who made the hood. And he has the car... Let me know if you want more pictures. The car is for sale also.
I'd love to see more pics of this with the hood down if possible. Been contemplating doing this on mine.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Heck ya more pics more pics

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
I just got off of the phone with him. He's gonna send me some pictures later and I will get them up. I think I just talked him into being a member of the forum. He has a history in making custom hoods. This could be a VERY good thing as the market doesn't have a whole lot of options.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I can't find a Shaker system for an S550 online. Is there not one available yet or are my Google skills diminishing?

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
I can't find a Shaker system for an S550 online. Is there not one available yet or are my Google skills diminishing?
I'm pretty sure that's something he put together for that car.
Sponsored