2004 Mustang Mach 1

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
This the car you are talking about. My understanding is they attached an employee’s name to the order. I say this because the salesman did not correct me when I mentioned it. The other two Mach 1’s they have are allocations they’ve bought. All three have ADM.

F0CB6A26-B0C3-4D49-B297-AB4F52122E96.jpeg

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
This the car you are talking about. My understanding is they attached an employee’s name to the order. I say this because the salesman did not correct me when I mentioned it. The other two Mach 1’s they have are allocations they’ve bought. All three have ADM.

F0CB6A26-B0C3-4D49-B297-AB4F52122E96.jpeg
I think a local dealer to me did that same thing. Find a way to work around the retail only ordering and then put the car on the lot with a big adm. fuckers……….

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator, Ford Explorer
Oh man. This thread is a real bummer. I went through and read the order + lead + delivery times. In my case, my Mach 1 order (see specs below) was accepted on 08/10, so I was banking on an October delivery (i.e. based on "rational" expectations), but I see that this might not be the case, huh? I have yet to receive the "Scheduled for Production" email. My dealer told me that if I wanted to order one, they could pull the trigger, and no deposit would be required, because they _know_ they can sell it even if I back out. I've purchased many [many] cars from them, so we have that kind of flexible relationship. Is there some kind of a cut off date by which a 2021 model can no longer be produced? Thanks!

Specs:

2021 Mustang Mach 1 Fastback:
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
TREMEC 6-Speed Manual Transmission
19" x 10.5" Front 19" X 11" Rear Tarnished Dark-painted Aluminum Wheels
Fighter Jet Gray
Leather Trimmed Seats
700A
Black/ Orange Racing Stripe
GT Performance Package

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Oh man. This thread is a real bummer. I went through and read the order + lead + delivery times. In my case, my Mach 1 order (see specs below) was accepted on 08/10, so I was banking on an October delivery (i.e. based on "rational" expectations), but I see that this might not be the case, huh? I have yet to receive the "Scheduled for Production" email. My dealer told me that if I wanted to order one, they could pull the trigger, and no deposit would be required, because they _know_ they can sell it even if I back out. I've purchased many [many] cars from them, so we have that kind of flexible relationship. Is there some kind of a cut off date by which a 2021 model can no longer be produced? Thanks!

Specs:

5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
Fighter Jet Gray
Leather Trimmed Seats
700A
GT Performance Package
The FJG and the black/orange stripe and orange calipers are the Appearance Package.
The 19x10.5 19x11 wheels are part of the HP Package amoung other things such as the additional front spoiler and large rear spoiler.
There is no GT Performance Package option.

Sponsored

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
The FJG and the black/orange stripe and orange calipers are the Appearance Package.
The 19x10.5 19x11 wheels are part of the HP Package amoung other things such as the additional front spoiler and large rear spoiler.
There is no GT Performance Package option.
Hi there. I am trying to interpret your feedback. I copy pasted the specs directly from my order confirmation email from Ford. Is there something amiss in the order confirmation details? Thanks!

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Hi there. I am trying to interpret your feedback. I copy pasted the specs directly from my order confirmation email from Ford. Is there something amiss in the order confirmation details? Thanks!
Mine says the same, the Mach 1 handling package comes back from Ford as the GT Performance pack. I double verified my invoice and spoke to the dealer as well, just a gaff of Fords part.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Nothing to worry about. Just shows incorrect on fords page but that is the handling package

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Mine says the same, the Mach 1 handling package comes back from Ford as the GT Performance pack. I double verified my invoice and spoke to the dealer as well, just a gaff of Fords part.
Thanks much! Can I ask when you ordered yours and where you are (or think you are) in the progression towards delivery? Based on this thread, I am feeling like my 08/10 order (yet to be scheduled) is going to go beyond 2021 for delivery, and wonder at what point a 2021 model will no longer be produced. Thanks!

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Thanks much! Can I ask when you ordered yours and where you are (or think you are) in the progression towards delivery? Based on this thread, I am feeling like my 08/10 order (yet to be scheduled) is going to go beyond 2021 for delivery, and wonder at what point a 2021 model will no longer be produced. Thanks!
I ordered on 8/18 and Ford accepted on 8/19. I don’t expect to see her until later January or February. I work in the operating room and live in a state with high vaccination rates, yet we are seeing quite the uptick in cases. If this continues I could see further delays occurring. I don’t really care when the car comes as long as I get one! Also, my understanding is the delays in the handling pack is because of the spoiler.The way I understand it Ford won’t begin a build until all parts are acquired and the lead times on the spoiler are minimum 4 weeks.

Sponsored

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
I ordered on 8/18 and Ford accepted on 8/19. I don’t expect to see her until later January or February. I work in the operating room and live in a state with high vaccination rates, yet we are seeing quite the uptick in cases. If this continues I could see further delays occurring. I don’t really care when the car comes as long as I get one! Also, my understanding is the delays in the handling pack is because of the spoiler.The way I understand it Ford won’t begin a build until all parts are acquired and the lead times on the spoiler are minimum 4 weeks.
Good perspective. Thanks!

Robinc464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1(ordered) 2012 Mini 2017 Lexus RX350
Ordered June 2nd, OW, HP, Recaros and Red painted calipers.
2ACFE737-F707-4CD0-8DD5-9D3AD360488E.png

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Specs:

5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
Fighter Jet Gray
Leather Trimmed Seats
700A
GT Performance Package
According to Zach's post 49 above the latest they could produce 2021's is November, with a December delivery date. This is probably your best-case scenario. I assume if they can't produce the car in time to switch over to 2022 production they'll have you cancel and re-order.

That Tremec / heated seats / handling package combo seems to be the one they are slowest to produce. Just do an Autotrader or Ford inventory search and you'll see there just aren't any of these on the ground at dealers, except the one above that the Michigan dealer cheated to get.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I bet those same dealers put a higher priority on the orders than the ones most of us got so they were built earlier than all of the people like us still waiting.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Just posted by a moderator in another thread:

2021MY ordering ends October 1, 2021
2022MY ordering opens October 11, 2021
2021MY production ends on December 23, 2021
Sponsored