Sponsored

Mach 1 Front Bumper - anyone making one yet?

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
You are right pretty close but what have me very hooked is the opening underneath the fog logras and the roundness on the grille with the lights.
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm thinking about swapping everything over to 2018+, so I can run the Mach 1 Front bumper. The Mach 1 might be the sexiest S550 to date!

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
The only real issue with going the OEM route is that the Mach 1 uses the 15-17 turn signal flashers. Does it even have fog lights? Or is there an expected accessory to come out to add them to the front?

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
i think i heard MP Concepts is making a Mach 1 Style Front Bumper, but at this rate probably be a few months before its available. Shipping ports in California are all backed up and there is just container ships just hanging out in the bay until they can get unloaded.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
yep, for the 15-17 IMO Shelby is the better looking with those headlights. The 2018+ headlights look better with the Mach 1 bumper.
imho, the Shelby gt350 does look the best. Having said that, the proportions on the rep bumpers don’t look anywhere near as good. I think a mach1 rep on the 15-17 would look perfect.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
A bit more work needed, need new wheel well liners since the bolts dont line up and also is more rearward and would need to offer the holes for brake cooling etc. The turn signal plug does not match the base plug. so would need new wiring

I am sure a different belly pan as well.

I found this on ebay, but the part number seems to come up as regular GT bumper?

MR3B-17C831-A

s-l1600.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
See different bolt positions and also turn signal plug

s-l1605.jpg

s-l1633.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Now with ACC, someone would have to test fit this, I do see that ACC sensor is bolted under the metal bumper bar, not part of the bumper cover. The bumper plastic bar cover looks same as base and goes in front of the metal bumper, so the lower clearance of the lower grill of both the mach 1 and a base seem perhaps the same. Maybe Ford does not guarantee exposed honey comb grills with ACC sensors and need a solid covered grill piece to avoid any debris hitting it?

Another question Id have is if base upper grill variants can be fitted to the Mach 1 bumper instead of the mach 1 upper grill, kinda hard to tell if shape is different or clips are not same.

other thread had a photo of the lower grill having extra ducts, so I bet that is why Mach 1 do not have ACC and it gets in the way? Maybe can just skip them if trying to fit on a ACC base Mustang?

18.JPG

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The only real issue with going the OEM route is that the Mach 1 uses the 15-17 turn signal flashers. Does it even have fog lights? Or is there an expected accessory to come out to add them to the front?
You can buy the 350 fog kit made by Shelby America? It comes with a new fog light button dial that might work for a Mach 1 owner, but for those who have fog lights on a base Mustangs, can get the cheaper version that has just the lamps (very similar to the 18+ turn signal style) (no dial)

Still have probably swap your entire harness to a 15-17 wiring (with/without fog lights and with/without ACC, depending on what you have) version for plug n play to the Mach 1 15-17 turn signals, but need to get the Shelby America kit to still retain your fog lights.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
i'm waiting too, it'll happen soon, i'm sure eventually we can get a Ford part number...wonder if it will bolt right on
Requires different grilled and turn signals.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Requires different grilled and turn signals.
Also different belly pan and wheel well liners and wiring harness (unless you want to do some good splicing work)

The good news is Hood/Fender/head lamps are same, so it wont be more costly by having to get entirely new fenders/hood/head lamps to do an OEM 350/500 front end.

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
A closer look at the new Fender Liner design for the Mach 1, defintely not Shelby GT350 liners, also has the new bolt holes to corespond to the new side bolt strips on the Mach 1 bumper cover.

splash 2.JPG

splash.JPG

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Also the Mach 1 belly pan since someone in another thread took a photo of it on lifts, it is definitely a new design. the belly pan completely covers where the lower K brace would be (farther back than a PP1 pan) It does still offer brake cooling even the liner has a brake cooler opening for the brake cooling tubes in the center lower grill. it also has I would say transmission cooling vanes as well. it is a much longer belly pan. covering all the way to the cats.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
nice find
Sponsored