Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You should see the shavings in the differential magnetic plug. Is the fluid swap beneficial in the Tremec as it was for the MT-82 with the BG Synchromesh?
Cannot go wrong with the BG gear oil ...
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there any advantage in your opinion to doing the first change earlier to get all of that debris out of there? I was thinking about doing it at 1000. I don’t care about the money but I don’t want to change it early if it’s a bad idea
I usually do it around the 3-4k mark. Just enough time to break in a good amount without completely wasting the first oil change. Also a good opportunity to get some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in the car ASAP is my opinion there.
Same as above, brand new car (any brand), I've always did oil changes at the 3-4k mark.

The findings by the OP are not abnormal for a brand new vehicle and even if say that went to a 5k or even 9k oil change, the minute amount of debris found in the oil filter stays captured in the pleats.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well all I can say is 40000 street miles, which is far more punishing, the factory ford filter which I cut open had nothing in it, and my last filter had nothing in it. Oil in the catch can was around a 1/4 ounce per oil change since new.
You're driven 40K street miles in your M1?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You're driven 40K street miles in your M1?
Damn.. didn't think to look and see if this was the parts bin car section.. my bad.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase