Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Just got mine installed Saturday at the dealership. I also got the splitter too. I took that home in the box. It would have been about 4 1/2” off the ground if they had installed it. Took them about 3 hours just to install the fender flares. They had to remove both tires.

If it hadn’t been for me finding out about the splitter and flares on this website I would have never got them from the dealer. I called Ford performance and had them CC an email to the GM at the dealership. Couldn’t say too much when he got it. They had installed mine on another car that was sold the week before. SMH
Wait, you bought a FJG Mach 1 loaded and the dealer installed the extra handling package goodies on someone else's car? There's a story to be told there. Inside job? Incompetence?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Competition53

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
So here's how it worked out on a '19 PP1...

Out of the 5 push pin locations, 2 were a perfect match. The 3 fronts needed either splice brackets or a new hole drilled. Used a piece of leftover fender flare plastic for the splices. In the end... it's a great fit. I ordered some $25 winglets from AM to fill that 3.5" void up front. This mod is purely cosmetic at this point. However, it will definitely cover some PP2 wheel poke and cover other wide offset wheels.

20210913_155357.jpg

20210913_155428.jpg

20210913_160423.jpg

20210913_171118.jpg

20210913_172357.jpg

20210913_172425.jpg
Well done. Thanks for posting yours. I need new fenders and working two jobs I haven’t had time to do anything that’s why I’ve been a little MIA. Great to see it worked on yours and great to see it can possibly work on the rears too. I was thinking about the gt500 wickers to feel the void up front too. Looks real clean!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Well done. Thanks for posting yours. I need new fenders and working two jobs I haven’t had time to do anything that’s why I’ve been a little MIA. Great to see it worked on yours and great to see it can possibly work on the rears too. I was thinking about the gt500 wickers to feel the void up front too. Looks real clean!
Thank you for your reply. Was reticent to post my results on your thread. Not one to C-block. I hope they work similarly on your year car.

Yea, life gets in the way of us working on our toys.

Would love to put a set of gt500 wickers on instead of the AM winglets I ordered....but my kids gotta eat. Those wickers are a grip 💰

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Wait, you bought a FJG Mach 1 loaded and the dealer installed the extra handling package goodies on someone else's car? There's a story to be told there. Inside job? Incompetence?

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Total incompetence on the dealers end. I also didn’t get an itemized bill of sale at the of purchase. When I did I, I found out they charged me for items not installed (window tint $279) and other things. Brought this to their attention (got into argument on phone with a sales manager and the salesman). Was told by the sales manager that I got the car I wanted and they got what they wanted from me. Tried several times to get a hold of the general manager but he was either always in a meeting or they would transfer me to somebody’s voicemail. I finally called Ford motor company customer service and filed a complaint and I filed a complaint with AutoNation as well. Then the manager called me the very next day. He told me he would make make it right. They never told me about the front splitter or the wheel side moldings at all. I had to find that out by myself. I also was never informed of the Mach 1 track attack or the Mach 1 owners kit.
I would never buy a car from that dealership again. This after paying over MSRP on price.
I felt like I was basically booted out the door after I purchased the vehicle. I had to come back a week later to have them show me all of the features on the vehicle and how to operate them. They did not do that at the time of purchase because the salesman was too busy. It was a Sunday.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yup I got them. Oem Mach 1 fender flares. Took a month to get them in from my Ford dealer. Shout out to Zach @Peoria Ford here in Az for hooking me up.
I have a 15’ with a roush kit, gt500 rockers, and gt350 rear valance. So we will see what needs to be done for fitment. Bare with me as I will have to wait a few days to install them. My car has bowed out front fenders from the previous owner bagging the car with the wheels turned to one side (bastard) Im waiting on paintless dent removal to be completed. Until then I took some pics of the flares.
E3F75192-FB84-43D3-A479-43F88AB83E85.jpeg
363F8DD5-47C8-48C9-A98D-084646756D25.jpeg
5410DC92-24BE-4235-BB5E-B0B7DEE19610.jpeg
32DFC391-FFBF-4704-972A-7AAE8908611F.jpeg
1DBB6EC3-89D8-4D4E-A5C1-44BA05050997.jpeg
3EF59B27-7A6E-4AF9-BBE6-D45EA506DC28.jpeg
9CECB61A-0CCF-4412-8218-257E4BB45406.jpeg
B81DDC9E-DC63-403C-92B9-B4568D56D01C.jpeg
Yahoo ............. :party:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Total incompetence on the dealers end. I also didn’t get an itemized bill of sale at the of purchase. When I did I, I found out they charged me for items not installed (window tint $279) and other things. Brought this to their attention (got into argument on phone with a sales manager and the salesman). Was told by the sales manager that I got the car I wanted and they got what they wanted from me. Tried several times to get a hold of the general manager but he was either always in a meeting or they would transfer me to somebody’s voicemail. I finally called Ford motor company customer service and filed a complaint and I filed a complaint with AutoNation as well. Then the manager called me the very next day. He told me he would make make it right. They never told me about the front splitter or the wheel side moldings at all. I had to find that out by myself. I also was never informed of the Mach 1 track attack or the Mach 1 owners kit.
I would never buy a car from that dealership again. This after paying over MSRP on price.
I felt like I was basically booted out the door after I purchased the vehicle. I had to come back a week later to have them show me all of the features on the vehicle and how to operate them. They did not do that at the time of purchase because the salesman was too busy. It was a Sunday.
That's breach of contract. You have remedies, and I would open a case with Ford corporate ASAP.

JR

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I agree they are pricey but, more importantly, do they do anything? I wonder if they help keep the rock chipping down. Not sure if I would add them to my PP2.

As for fitting, I would think they would only fit models post refresh due to the front changes. Good luck making it work.
They do work. On my Mach 1 they deflect small road debris when the wheels turn at speed.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Thank you for your reply. Was reticent to post my results on your thread. Not one to C-block. I hope they work similarly on your year car.

Would love to put a set of gt500 wickers on instead of the AM winglets I ordered....but my kids gotta eat. Those wickers are a grip 💰
Is there a Goodwill donation store near you ? I believe Goodwill will accept small children. 🙄 :crackup:

OP
OP
Competition53

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt

I don’t mind at all! I think they are a neat
add-on that are beneficial for all us. Really appreciate you continuing the thread. Please update us on the AM winglets. We’d all like to see pics!

I want to see the rears next. Anyone one up for the challenge? Knowing my luck I’d attempt this and would probably need new quarters 😂

Sponsored

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
That's breach of contract. You have remedies, and I would open a case with Ford corporate ASAP.

JR
I did. that’s how I got the GM to call me back, Ford customer care.

They did resolve the window tint and LoJack (total refund). Their $1k “protection package” I traded out on a Mach 1 car cover, Roush hood struts, and custom windshield cover and a partial refund. Their extended warranties and ding guard were 25% higher than my local dealer so I canceled them. The only thing I kept was their tire and wheel plan because Ford prices on the rims and wheels was over 6k at the parts counter.

I called the state Attornry’s office and they gave me all the phone numbers and addresses I needed if I really wanted to push the matter, but I chose not to. My local dealer is working with Ford on a claim to get the trunk lid realigned and on a claim that I have made for a chipped rim (AutoNation warranty I hit a pothole on I-4).

Saddest thing I remember was because nobody took the time to show me the vehicle operational basics was that I drove over 1 hour home following my old vehicle and unable to figure out how to even turn the radio on. I wanted to listen to SiriusXM.

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Oh hell ............. 1 hr without Howard Stern. 🙄 :crackup:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I agree .............. In fact, he sucks IMHO. I was being sarcastic in the original post. We need a sarcastic emoji. :)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Interesting that the front flares will fit the rear wheel well arches. So they fit to cover the whole arch, meaning there's no shortage of coverage?
Sponsored