Sponsored

Mach 1 Deliveries in AUS

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ah no. I was fully expecting a wait, he knows I got a number from Ford for it, so it’s all good. Just the wait :/
Sponsored

OP
OP

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Looks like everyone is affected by hold ups. My initial delivery was early April (car built on 5-Jan) and is now pushed back to mid May. Dealer advised all Mustangs getting delayed with no specific info on why.

Rumours 1. no trains from Factory to port (doesn't Ford run their own train rolling stock? When full the leave Factory was usual operating process) Rumours 2. Covid-19 funny given all the lack of distancing in US from general media coverage and positive cases 3. No availability of RORO boats, curious given the WW voyage schedule looks unaffected. Rumours 4. Late changes to cosmetics needing to be applied to early build vehicles and/or cars awaiting manufacturing approval for release after early build/assembly issues resolution. Rumours 5. Chips lacking (two other assembly plants furloughed but Flat Rock not advised as affected)

Take your pick, either way another case of hurry up and wait, for comparision my '16 convertible 5.0 was Feb 2016 build and delivered Apr 2016 in Brisbane. This time around build 5-Jan, Delivery 24-May a longer timeline.

Last edited:

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
There are massive shipping capacity issues globally, delaying all types goods. A scarcity of shipping is being compounded by port congestion and container location issues. Shipping lines are charging massive premiums and prioritising those who will pay above contracted rates. NB. RORO vessel carry container freight as well as vehicles.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Any of you Aussies got a mach 1 window sticker in the last 2 weeks and if so what was the build date indicated on it?

Sponsored

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Nothing from Ford or the dealer. I’m figuring it won’t come for a while and a mid year delivery

OP
OP

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Any of you Aussies got a mach 1 window sticker in the last 2 weeks and if so what was the build date indicated on it?
Window Stickers no longer work for export vehicles so will not generate. You can still use ETIS and get the basic details along with the German language page that details build date and status on shipping. Dealer has best info but even that seems to be changing (i.e. delays)

Reactions: 12g

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Just spoke to my sales rep, he says from what he knows, it won't start being built until late this month, but more than likely April.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Window Stickers no longer work for export vehicles so will not generate. You can still use ETIS and get the basic details along with the German language page that details build date and status on shipping. Dealer has best info but even that seems to be changing (i.e. delays)
When did they stop the window stickers for export vehicles?

OP
OP

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Can't get window stickers as they are no longer released, can get info from ETIS when it is built as the PTI info denotes the build date after they download all the serial numbers from the car at the end of build. Alternatively you can goto the german language site and get a build date as long as you have a VIN.
https://modernmusclecars.de/tools/mustangtracker/index.php?vin=

Reactions: 12g

Sponsored
OP
OP

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Got an update today from Sales Rep, back to 24-Apr ETA in VISTA so the only thing for certain is that another day is one less day until (eventual) arrival of car!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
So that ETA of April 24 is arrival in OZ ?Any update on boat yet, it seems like the Salome fits this time frame?

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Got an update today from Sales Rep, back to 24-Apr ETA in VISTA so the only thing for certain is that another day is one less day until (eventual) arrival of car!
When did you get your VIN? I was told mine would be later in the month, but I get the feeling it'll be later. I only got the NSC not too long ago.

OP
OP

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
When did you get your VIN? I was told mine would be later in the month, but I get the feeling it'll be later. I only got the NSC not too long ago.
I had VIN back in January...

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
mmmm ok. I guess I'll keep holding my breath :)
Sponsored