Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
With the GT350 gone, Ford should definitely have put them in the Mach1 for all markets
Do they look the same as the Shelby? If the style and font match we could swap with the Shelby gauge, provided it doesn’t say gt350 on it
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The press photos from Ford show the gauges on both the HP and non-HP cars. It's probably the EU interior that doesn't have them.
Correct, that's what I meant, the yellow Mach 1 was EU version, just like car that Hammond tested in UK. The US models have the gauges for sure.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I didn't know the Mach 1 gets the cue ball shifter as well, it looks like they are carrying over quite a bit from the Bullitt actually... Makes sense I suppose

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I didn't know the Mach 1 gets the cue ball shifter as well, it looks like they are carrying over quite a bit from the Bullitt actually... Makes sense I suppose
parts bin special (the good parts) besides front bumper, some cosmetic stuff like decals, stripes on seats, Mach 1 badges, bird's nest wheels, Tremec with rev-match, and calibration (ECU, transmission, suspension)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Do they look the same as the Shelby? If the style and font match we could swap with the Shelby gauge, provided it doesn’t say gt350 on it
Style and font are the same on the GT350 center cluster. The bezels are a slightly different finish but they interchange. They don't support MyColor, white illumination only. I put them in my '15 PP (plug and play) to gain the oil temp gauge versus the gimmicky vacuum gauge. As I understand it, they're expensive these days.

Too bad this wasn't in the parts bin for the Mach.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Style and font are the same on the GT350 center cluster. The bezels are a slightly different finish but they interchange. They don't support MyColor, white illumination only. I put them in my '15 PP (plug and play) to gain the oil temp gauge versus the gimmicky vacuum gauge. As I understand it, they're expensive these days.

Too bad this wasn't in the parts bin for the Mach.
Do you know how expensive? If not too crazy, I'd give it a try and sell if too much of an eye sore

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Seems like a "best of" car from my perspective and one of the strongest reasons I'm interested. I want something proven that hopefully will be reliable over the years. The (3) coolers and Tremec 6-speed from the GT350 is nice for the street and needed for the track. The gen3 Coyote same as the Bullitt, wish they could have gotten 500hp, but it is a proven V8. Magneride standard. I also like that it is a very easy car to understand and order. Not a million options to get your head spinning like others - your choice of Elite pkg, Nav, Handling pkg, 700A pkg, a wheel option and your done. The cover seems like only DIO. Finally a super after market for the S550 and being the last few years, all items are out there (no waiting) and will be priced competitively.

I would like the option for the HP wheels without the sticky tires and light options for the grill. I understand the exclusivity of the wheels but think Ford is letting sales go to the aftermarket that they could capture. Would like oil pressure and temp vs vacuum gage.

I remember the old saying selling enterprise systems "We want our fair share - all of it!". That would be my motto if I were Ford.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
There's no reason it should be very different from the look of GT. They already said it, this is the pinnacle of the S550 and experience they got developing it. S550 GT already has awesome external design, they tweaked it a bit, added Mach 1 reference, improved the sportier side of things / track handling a lot and that's it. It's not meant to be a complete redesign. Bullitt wasn't either. It had exclusive colour and front mask, just like Mach 1 has.

For me, I'll rather have Mach 1 than M4 (which is a lot more pricey too), cause I can't afford Porsche 911 Carrera 4S :)

Last edited:

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
There's no reason it should be very different from the look of GT. They already said it, this is the pinnacle of the S550 and experience they got developing it. S550 GT already has awesome external design, they tweaked it a bit, added Mach 1 reference, improved the sportier side of things / track handling a lot and that's it. It's not meant to be a complete redesign. Bullitt wasn't either. It had exclusive colour and front mask, just like Mach 1 has.

For me, I'll rather have Mach 1 than M4 (which is a lot more pricey too), cause I can't afford Porsche 911 Carrera 4S :)
I would have bought a Porsche GT4 but need the backseats for the kids.
So this way I am getting a classic already from the start with the space and comfort for a family of four. As well as track competent car, maybe not as competent as a GT4 but pretty hefty anyways =)

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
the color is a bit loud. But I do like the styling. Curious to see how it performs on the track
Sponsored