Sponsored

Mach 1 as Weekend Car?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So here is my theory, My guess is it was a bump in the EPA standards from one year to another. Looking up those units that you sent over that were invoiced before 12-31-20, it does not show a gas guzzler tax. The ones that are reflecting a gas guzzler tax were invoiced in January of 21. So my guess is that there is a gradual step up in the standards that bumped up for the 2021 invoicing year and that is what happened there.

I can't see any other rhyme or reason as to why otherwise. The gas guzzler tax is set by the EPA which is a federal organization.
It looks like the Automatics get 18 mpg combined and no guzzler tax. The manuals get 17 mpg combined and have the tax. Am I not seeing that correctly?

EDIT - I was looking at the EPA estimates in the top right corner of the window stickers and both manuals show a guzzler tax, but Ford only added it to the cost of one of them. Some of the first PP2 cars didn't charge for the Recaro's and it was a mistake by Ford. Maybe the same here or, to your point, the invoice date.
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
It looks like the Automatics get 18 mpg combined and no guzzler tax. The manuals get 17 mpg combined and have the tax. Am I not seeing that correctly?
I believe that is a production year change over issue, not an automatic vs manual issue. There have been examples of both posted with and without the gas guzzler tax.

ecohorsie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
My thinking exactly but I did it a slightly different way.
Salvage '17 Focus RS and a salvage '16 Mustang GT vert.
Been driving the RS and its awesome (winter car) and almost finished with GT. They are total drivers and having been previously abused I don't worry about driving the crap out of them rain or shine.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Evening all, I’ve been throwing around the idea of ordering one in the coming weeks. Anyone ordering one and using this car as a weekend car only?
I got a Bullitt, arguably a different car, but with so much in common with the new Mach 1 and I can tell you it's a wonderful daily. It does awesome on long trips, is comfy, fun to toss around after work, yet can be very tame if you want it to.
I'm 51 weeks (it'll be a year exactly in a week) of ownership, 14,4xx miles and millions smiles!

2021-02-22 16_02_57-do it zoolander - Google Search.png

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I believe that is a production year change over issue, not an automatic vs manual issue. There have been examples of both posted with and without the gas guzzler tax.
I think you are right, as I picked a 2019 Bullitt for the sole reason of 2020 Bullitts having guzzler tax.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks and yes, I stand corrected. I edited it after the original posting. Both manual window stickers show the tax in the upper right where the mileage is, but only one has it added to the cost. I should have just trusted an expert on the subject!
Sponsored