THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Evening all, I’ve been throwing around the idea of ordering one in the coming weeks. Anyone ordering one and using this car as a weekend car only?
Sponsored

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
I actually sold my 1967 S Code GTA Fastback that I had owned for the last 20 years when I decided that having a lot of money tied up in an ‘occasional driver’ was not as much fun as having a great new mustang (Mach 1 on order) that I can drive any day or everyday regardless of the weather and not having to worry about what might happen to it... having a minty classic was great for the show n shines but as I have gotten older I have come to realize that I want a car that I can get into day after day and enjoy the hell out of... and I’ll drive it on the weekends too...😉

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
I actually sold my 1967 S Code GTA Fastback that I had owned for the last 20 years when I decided that having a lot of money tied up in an ‘occasional driver’ was not as much fun as having a great new mustang (Mach 1 on order) that I can drive any day or everyday regardless of the weather and not having to worry about what might happen to it... having a minty classic was great for the show n shines but as I have gotten older I have come to realize that I want a car that I can get into day after day and enjoy the hell out of... and I’ll drive it on the weekends too...😉
Good deal. I’m thinking the same but can’t see myself getting rid of my 19’ Type R.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Evening all, I’ve been throwing around the idea of ordering one in the coming weeks. Anyone ordering one and using this car as a weekend car only?
It’s going to be strictly a toy for me. I have a more comfortable daily driver so I don’t see ever using the Mach 1 for that purpose.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think I’ll be in that boat. I have an M3 and an X5 for DD duties.

Sponsored

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
Summercar for me April - October (Maybe November if I am lucky, in Sweden)
Getting the Mach 1 in May/June and a BMW 5-series touring in June replacing the XC60 T8

Gonna be two completely different cars, both very enjoyable and fun, quick cars.

Pure "drivers cars" with feedback and feeling - exactly what I want =)

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Weekends and cruises for dinner on nice nights.
I'll drive it year round if the roads are good

OP
OP
THE_AHJ

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
So everyone replying back, yes, this is a weekend car. Are you guys going all out and doing the handling package? I don't plan on tracking it, more than likely a weekend car but I'm getting that fomo feeling. I also love the damn wheels on the handling package, just not the wing.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I went non-HP but upgraded the wheels.
No need for extra splitters and massive, expensive tires that are only good on the track. Putting all seasons or winter tire on those wheels will be very expensive.
The regular Mach1 is plenty track capable for the couple times I'll go.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
So everyone replying back, yes, this is a weekend car. Are you guys going all out and doing the handling package? I don't plan on tracking it, more than likely a weekend car but I'm getting that fomo feeling. I also love the damn wheels on the handling package, just not the wing.
Going all out. As soon as Ford introduced the HP car in fighter jet gray I knew I had to have that exact setup

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I'd probably get HP if it was available in Europe, but it's not. I'll be getting another set of wheels for winter anyway in regular size of tyres. But since it's not available, it's one less problem to worry about. The standard wheels are plenty wide, front spoiler big enough and rear spoiler lip nice a lot too. So no regrets from me tbh. Track day will be once a year and for me it'd be only about the looks, so not really worth it in the end.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on getting an HO car as a weekend car, but I’ll also be tracking mine. For anyone not planning on tracking their car, I’d suggest just getting the standard model. I don’t see much sense in paying for all the track goodies when you’ll be able to get all the appearance bits in the aftermarket for cheaper

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Mine will be a dd. At some point, I may buy a CPO Explorer to replace the '20.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
wont' be a DD, but every Sunny day for sure.
Sponsored