2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering the Anderson Composites Carbon Fibre products for my Mach 1. I was looking at the front grille, bonnet, boot panel, and rear spoiler and flap. I think the bonnet looks pretty aggressive and I'm happy to delete the pony off the front grille.
1669490396081.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That bonnet is awful, sorry!
Just out of curiosity, do you dislike the scoop? Or the exposed carbon? Something else?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Just out of curiosity, do you dislike the scoop? Or the exposed carbon? Something else?
Both tbh, not a fan of the very square scoop that just doesn’t gel with the car

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Not a fan of non functional add ons, aka the scoop. Only adds to drag without benefit, also limits your visibility. Do they have a hood with air vents to help underhood temps? Hood vents are functional and look aggressive. Win, win!

Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of non functional add ons, aka the scoop. Only adds to drag without benefit, also limits your visibility. Do they have a hood with air vents to help underhood temps? Hood vents are functional and look aggressive. Win, win!
The scoop and the vents are all functional on that.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The scoop and the vents are all functional on that.
From Anderson: "Functional shaker style hood scoop, directs air into OEM Mach 1 air box"

1669570990943.png

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Last edited:
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...stang-double-sided-type-gt5-carbon-fiber-hood

This would me much better in terms of functionality. The one you’re showing has the same vents you already have, and you already have a cold air system from the grill into the air box. But its your car and if you like the looks, then to for it.
You guys always give me stuff to think about on this forum, and I do very much appreciate the feedback. One reason I love the car is because everything except the faux fog light circles are functional. The new carbon grille will fix the fog light situation. As for the hood, I'm with you that everything needs to be "real" and functional. I take your point of adding incremental functionality, it's a good point. Thanks.

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
The scoop is functional, directs air to the CAI.

Sponsored

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
You guys always give me stuff to think about on this forum, and I do very much appreciate the feedback. One reason I love the car is because everything except the faux fog light circles are functional. The new carbon grille will fix the fog light situation. As for the hood, I'm with you that everything needs to be "real" and functional. I take your point of adding incremental functionality, it's a good point. Thanks.
The scoop is functional, directs air to the CAI.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to talk you out of it and keeping out of the appearance side of things as that’s very individual, but …

Functionality of that scoop seems important to you - if so and considering the future mods you have planned, will that scoop still be functional when you fit the supercharger i.e. will you retain the M1 intake / air box that the hood is designed to work with ?

WD :like:

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to talk you out of it and keeping out of the appearance side of things as that’s very individual, but …

Functionality of that scoop seems important to you - if so and considering the future mods you have planned, will that scoop still be functional when you fit the supercharger i.e. will you retain the M1 intake / air box that the hood is designed to work with ?

Excellent points. Future proofing the car. In full disclosure, if I decide to later go super charged, I'm going to do it all over again. Bigger headers, different cats, different bonnet, literally press "reset". Maybe a bit of a waste, but that's just the way I'm wired.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep me mind / top of your list for your headers … :wink:

Sponsored