M1 has 5 miles and I did this!

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
I got all the way to 2k before the H pipe got fitted, sounds awesome! The standard set up just doesn't have the presence to match the car 😀
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Those clamps don’t have the best rep for stopping rotation
I just put a tack weld. Problem solved. Easy enough to grind off if you need to remove it for some reason.

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Looks good :like:

Please don’t take this as me being awkward - it’s just an observation :like:

Looking at your third photo, it looks like the left hand pipe clamp is positioned with only 1/4 of its length grabbing the tail section (right side looks to have about 1/3).

Those clamps don’t have the best rep for stopping rotation so having them positioned centrally will at least give you a fighting chance (and more clearance between them) :like:

WD :like:
So the clamps are exactly 3in long, the marks are when the clamp were at the edge. So millimeters off on one, pretty much middle on the one being being measured. Tough crowd but I like it, thanks, it keeps me on my toes.

As for gold foil on the gas tanks, yes keeping gas cold helps,(debatable how much) but most Sports Cars Teams trick mod.

67CEED7E-9C83-4476-8B57-839EAD79AE11.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
So the clams are exactly 3in long, the marks are when the clam were at the edge. So millimeters off on one, pretty much middle on the one being being measured. Tough crowd but I like it, thanks, it keeps me on my toes.

As for gold foil on the gas tanks, yes keeping gas cold helps,(debatable how much) but most Sports Cars Teams trick mod.

67CEED7E-9C83-4476-8B57-839EAD79AE11.jpeg

Ok, moved both, thanks

76BE2ABA-C8A2-4DD4-B9B9-1247DA6554D0.jpeg

Sponsored

bhalfway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Byron
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Perhaps this is a dumb question but I’d like to do this but am concerned about its affects on the warranty. Does making this change void the factory warranty on the drivetrain?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Perhaps this is a dumb question but I’d like to do this but am concerned about its affects on the warranty. Does making this change void the factory warranty on the drivetrain?
most likely not. i've never heard of a resonator delete or catback voiding a warranty.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Looks great!

It looks like you could have left more of the stock pipes to slide over the new pipes. It's too bad Ford doesn't dimple the stock exhaust at the cut points like BMW does. It makes it very easy for aftermarket exhaust manufacturers to standardize and also makes the exact place to cut very obvious.

Sponsored

mikethedude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium US Spec
Hi, so far 3 people have asked about what the Gold foil is trying to solve but you keep ignoring them and not answering! Why is that?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Hi, so far 3 people have asked about what the Gold foil is trying to solve but you keep ignoring them and not answering! Why is that?
it was answered earlier. it is heat wrap.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh come on, isn't it obvious? Its for the bling! NASA does it on space suits and satellites, so should you! /JK

it's better to ceramic (jet) coat the INSIDE of the headers though.

I found cooling the fuel is best done by filling one of those 5 gallon cans with ice from the gas station freezer, and pouring the gas into the can, swishing it around a bit and THEN putting into the car tank. It's 30HP easy. I guess if you want something a bit more durable plumb an A/C loop to the plastic tank, and run some coils around the bump body and fuel pickup.

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
I've had the challenge with trying to keep the heat out of the fuel cell (using reflective tape) from the rear-mounted turbo on a 1000hp 427cid. Offering sarcastic remarks doesnt really help anyone. Ignorance is just not-knowing, stupidity is not-asking.
1632170267448.png