M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That was good informative read. Strange that this kit is for 350/350R. From the data I can see how it helps a 350 but after seeing the R rates I’m scratching my head how this is a better handling spring pack for the R. Typically a stiffer spring is better on the course and a bit rougher on the road. I’m assuming this is a better spring combo on an R for the road and not the track. I can see how the Mach 1, GT, pp2 cars benefit on both road and track with this kit.
They oversprung the rear of the Shelbys the first time. This is their Mulligan. Stiffer for the sake of stiffer is not better. People have to get that out of their heads.
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
They oversprung the rear of the Shelbys the first time. This is their Mulligan. Stiffer for the sake of stiffer is not better. People have to get that out of their heads.
What are your thoughts on this spring and sway combo on an M1 HP car over the factory spring and sway?

Evil Duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium AT10 Magneride
I am in doubt for my Magneride GT, whether to only buy Steeda Sport Springs or this complete handling kit. I just want to lower the car a bit and improve street handling, occasional track use.I don't know if the price difference is justified

Also
Will the VDM Update Override an already existing Custom Engine Dyno tune?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Also
Will the VDM Update Override an already existing Custom Engine Dyno tune?
No, the calibrations for the MagneRide (VDM) and the engine (PCM) are different things.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
From customer service at LMR regarding VDM software - "This only applies to the PP2 and GT350 only. GT/MACH 1 applications will still need this for Magnaride-equipped Mustangs."

Sponsored

Hifiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 Mustang
heavier bars heavier front springs with lighter rear springs. Looks like it would work….and wouldn’t need programming and give about 25mm worth of lowering

EDIT:

looks like they updated it to say exactly that. Springs and bars with no programming.
IMG_6213.jpeg
From customer service at LMR regarding VDM software - "This only applies to the PP2 and GT350 only. GT/MACH 1 applications will still need this for Magnaride-equipped Mustangs."
Why does LMR suggest to install the VDM update when FP implies you don't need to for the Mach 1?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Why does LMR suggest to install the VDM update when FP implies you don't need to for the Mach 1?
I’m not sure because my understanding is the programming is essentially the PP2/350 programming and you don’t need the vdm on those 2 models 🤷🏼‍♂️ @tj@steeda you all have done extensive test on the magnaride. Any reason to install the vdm programming on a Mach 1?

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I’m not sure because my understanding is the programming is essentially the PP2/350 programming and you don’t need the vdm on those 2 models 🤷🏼‍♂️ @tj@steeda you all have done extensive test on the magnaride. Any reason to install the vdm programming on a Mach 1?
As I have heard, but can not confirm, the springs and sway bars are different from the PP2 and GT 350 to the Mach 1, so you may need the VDM.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Had it installed today, this is how the car should've come from the factory. Drop is fairly minimal. Ride is close to stock but better controlled. Just takes the slop out of the PP1 package.

Shop had some issues with excessive toe out in the rear, anyone else had this? They plan to align it again in a week after it settles anyway.

Last edited: