Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
What year did that module come out of? Was it a PP2?
It was from a 2018 GT350. I wanted a same-year unit that was close to the springs I have (350R). With the 350R using special shocks, I didn't want to add another variable to the mix. I think a PP2 unit is probably the best chance for a straight swap, but may not be as well-developed as the Shelby tuning. If the Shelby units don't work, their tuning benefits are obviously worthless.

I wonder if there is a way to fiddle with settings in Forscan to address the drive mode vs. suspension modes?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
It was from a 2018 GT350. I wanted a same-year unit that was close to the springs I have (350R). With the 350R using special shocks, I didn't want to add another variable to the mix. I think a PP2 unit is probably the best chance for a straight swap, but may not be as well-developed as the Shelby tuning. If the Shelby units don't work, their tuning benefits are obviously worthless.

I wonder if there is a way to fiddle with settings in Forscan to address the drive mode vs. suspension modes?
Yes, I think you should investigate that and report back here. 😁

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Are you getting the error that the car won't go over 80 mph? If not, drive it & see what it does.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Are you getting the error that the car won't go over 80 mph? If not, drive it & see what it does.
Would that error come up only when approaching 80? I can tell you that I didn't approach 80 with the 350 unit in the car - it was not pleasant below 60, and I was not tempted to push it beyond that. I swapped the original unit back in the car right after I got home. After the swap back to stock, there is a distinct possibility that I exceeded 80 without issue...

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Would that error come up only when approaching 80? I can tell you that I didn't approach 80 with the 350 unit in the car - it was not pleasant below 60, and I was not tempted to push it beyond that. I swapped the original unit back in the car right after I got home. After the swap back to stock, there is a distinct possibility that I exceeded 80 without issue...
If you were getting that error, it would show up as soon as you pressed the power button. It's basically suspension limp mode. It sounds like the unit isn't working with the dampers at all which means you've got next to no damping.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Edited my post with list to include 2020 Bullitt w/MR. same PN as the 2020 PP2.

I’m wondering now if there are differences in calibration between cars with M6 vs. A10 transmissions? I assume that the ProCal dongle from FP deals with this, since there are many non-PP2 or Bullitt cars that have MR AND the A10 (like mine). Or, transmission type isn’t an issue. Would love to verify that before I try another salvage unit.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I had added a few new ones to your list in my post. The p/n alone does not identify sw, looks like the 6 digit code might. Only wish FRPP would sell sw to upload since it looks like i t already exists in their suspension pavkage with no hw change.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I've read that unfortunately there are problems with fitting the (passenger side?) oil catch can from FP with the magneride kit, also from FP. :-/ Has anyone managed to re-fit the FP oil catch can in a good way, or is an alternative can necessary? If so, any recommended alternatives that will fit without problems?

I can try to finagle my FP catch to fit when I get the magneride kit, but if I already knew it does not fit I'd much prefer to order an alternative catch can now, and ship it together with the magneride kit. Shipping just a can to Spain separately later will probably cost as much in shipping cost and import duties as the can it self costs.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I've read that unfortunately there are problems with fitting the (passenger side?) oil catch can from FP with the magneride kit, also from FP. :-/ Has anyone managed to re-fit the FP oil catch can in a good way, or is an alternative can necessary? If so, any recommended alternatives that will fit without problems?

I can try to finagle my FP catch to fit when I get the magneride kit, but if I already knew it does not fit I'd much prefer to order an alternative catch can now, and ship it together with the magneride kit. Shipping just a can to Spain separately later will probably cost as much in shipping cost and import duties as the can it self costs.
I had the dual UPR catch can installed just fine.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm running the FP passenger catch can simply fine. I've never seen ANYONE say they had an issue as the cans sit on top of the engine and has nothing to do with the suspension or even goes near it.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Not sure what you're talking about. I'm running the FP passenger catch can simply fine. I've never seen ANYONE say they had an issue as the cans sit on top of the engine and has nothing to do with the suspension or even goes near it.
Ah, thank you very much. I must be remembering wrong. I now think it must have been the performance pack from FP where somebody here reported a problem, not the magneride kit.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ah, thank you very much. I must be remembering wrong. I now think it must have been the performance pack from FP where somebody here reported a problem, not the magneride kit.
Yes - it's the engine tune / package since it comes with different throttle body - definitely not the Magneride kit. However - it's the same throttle body that Bullitt has stock and it seems like Schwerin fit his with no issue (I'm using JLT).

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I just got mine today. I'll be able to test this weekend. Mine is the :
GT350: KR3C-18B066-AA; 19W052; 01499507; GBRPC
Any luck?
Sponsored