Sponsored

M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
The bars and springs are not PP2 bars and springs. I have a PP2 and the springs are stiffer and slightly lower (about 3/4 inch). Bars are thicker and adjustable. I actually chose RTR bars because they were on sale much cheaper then the M5490G bars . So if you have PP1 w magneride your suspension becomes a step above a PP2.

As for install time. I could see them quoting high because they probably charge high on software install. We did springs, camber plates and bars in about 6-7 hours. That's on jack stands in a garage. With a lift and experienced mechanics it should all be done in 6 hours with the software I would guess.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
As I mentioned in my post you've quoted - makes no sense -in this instructions would be telling PP2 owners to replace PP2 springs / bars with PP2 springs / bars.

Read for yourself : https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit.
So, it's even a step up from the PP2 suspension.

Interesting.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So, it's even a step up from the PP2 suspension.

Interesting.
That's what it seems. I am not sure if anyone has data on PP2 spring stiffness (guessing they're slightly softer) and the bar diameters (likely thinner / less stiff).

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Rear in this kit is 25 mm I believe, front (I think) 38mm - I measured both but don't remember exact numbers.
M-5300-W spring stiffness I saw before, but haven't seen PP2 numbers anywhere.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
So, I got my M-9602-M in two boxes and took it to get them installed, but there was no programmer inside. Does that cover in a separate box? My shipping info showed 2 boxes and I gotta both. Contacting levittown ford about it. Hopefully it was just a shipping error and it's resolved.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So, I got my M-9602-M in two boxes and took it to get them installed, but there was no programmer inside. Does that cover in a separate box? My shipping info showed 2 boxes and I gotta both. Contacting levittown ford about it. Hopefully it was just a shipping error and it's resolved.
Programmer should have been in one of these boxes. My set came in two packages, programmer was in one of them (bag with a blue OBD plug and print out with a voucher code).

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
@Chola as @kz said.

Pic’s from my kit delivery.
The last pic is just with all components together. (not delivered packed like that)
The programmer was in the box with the sway bars. Call Ford and get them to resend

8AE5C7CC-A857-4D2D-AD9B-BC0215C77187.jpeg

A9AE7E14-A65D-4256-86CA-12DCDD4813B3.jpeg

C318AEAD-D719-46F2-9D1E-F7DBF62A0CFF.jpeg

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
@Chola as @kz said.

Pic’s from my kit delivery.
The last pic is just with all components together. (not delivered packed like that)
The programmer was in the box with the sway bars. Call Ford and get them to resend

8AE5C7CC-A857-4D2D-AD9B-BC0215C77187.jpeg

A9AE7E14-A65D-4256-86CA-12DCDD4813B3.jpeg

C318AEAD-D719-46F2-9D1E-F7DBF62A0CFF.jpeg
I made the mistake of not opening the small box, just gave it to the mechanic. The big box didn't fit in the trunk and I opened it up. In addition to the sway bars there was just one plastic bag with some nuts, bolts. The larger box was torn on the ends at the handle openings, perhaps due to the package being mishandled by the shippers. Maybe the programmer fell out of that.

20201029_212031.jpg

20201029_212012.jpg

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I'll have a DSC Controller waiting for me when I return home from my present work trip. I'm looking forward to running with it and I'll tell about what I find. For now, I feel there isn't enough difference between the settings on the Ford calibration. I know that different people tune the different models. The Shelby tuning is meant to be very nice where as the tuning on my HPP is good to drive for long distances, but the change to Track mode is relatively small.

Reactions: kz

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Update: Levittown Ford asked me to contact FRPP and they are sending me the missing Procal programmer.

In the meanwhile I have my springs and swaybars installed and the ride is much firmer than before. I can feel every small bump on the road even in normal mode. I am having a case of buyers remorse. Hopefully it is temporary and once I flash the car after getting the Procal, things get better.

Did any of you drive with the package (prior to flashing) and felt the same way. How much of the difference did the magnaride update make in the ride quality.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Is my understanding that the kit is on par with the GT350R factory springs and say bar rates.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Update: Levittown Ford asked me to contact FRPP and they are sending me the missing Procal programmer.

In the meanwhile I have my springs and swaybars installed and the ride is much firmer than before. I can feel every small bump on the road even in normal mode. I am having a case of buyers remorse. Hopefully it is temporary and once I flash the car after getting the Procal, things get better.

Did any of you drive with the package (prior to flashing) and felt the same way. How much of the difference did the magnaride update make in the ride quality.
I am not sure what you expected - it's a handling package, not a comfort package. I believe low speed compression damping (which is the only thing that could affect what you feel at this point) with a tune isn't much different than with a stock tune.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I am not sure what you expected - it's a handling package, not a comfort package. I believe low speed compression damping (which is the only thing that could affect what you feel at this point) with a tune isn't much different than with a stock tune.
Rebound has a bigger effect on ride in my opinion, but, ya, stiff springs and bars are stiff. With a DSC Controller, you can tune it as you wish, which allows for bigger normal/sport/track mode differences.
Sponsored