Sponsored

M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
kz, thank you for the info! I’ll post some pics and ride impressions. I’m calling Ford Performance to get the alignment specs they recommend. Would you think it would make a difference if I upload the new vdm profile for the magneride before or after I take it in?
I've done it after but I don't think it matters honestly. You are not going to break it in any way - only thing I am unsure about is whether it doesn't contain a procedure for calibrating ride height sensors (which is something that Ford Shop manual calls to be done anytime there is suspension work being done and has to be done with their diagnostic tool) - so I would do it after. But I think you can always reload it if that's the case.
Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Installation complete and alignment complete. I actually finished the install last Sunday but was so wore out, I only drove it around the block to make sure nothing came apart, ran ok etc. The one issue I ran into in the installation of the rear springs/sway bar was the brake line bracket didn't fit correctly on the sway bar so I had to modify it slightly by cutting off the 90 bend. Outside of that, everything went together smoothly. I drove the Mustang for most of last week but held off any impressions until I had time to get the car aligned. I could tell it likely was out of alignment based on the steering wheel being off centered and a slight pull. So I didn't push the car nor did I drive very far either.

Yesterday I finally took it to the Ford dealership and waited 3 hrs for an alignment. The shop manager came out and told me the techs loved the car and its color. I found that encouraging as I wasn't sure what to expect workmanship wise. Based on the drive home WOW...totally different car. It tracked perfectly so I decided to put it thru the paces. Let me carveout, I'm no weekend racer so I'd defer to others like kz on how great this kit does on the track. But based on street of "take a corner or two faster" impression its a different car! In track mode, the car is very focused on turn in and flat thru the long off ramp bend and transitions well on the S corner down the street. The slight brake dive at moderate deceleration is nearly gone. I feel more of the road thru the steering yet the car isn't harsh or rough riding. I'm not sure what else to add but this was worth every bit of my time and $$$. I finally feel as if the car needs a better tire (and better driver) and would think with the right wheel/tire combo, would close to the same league as the 1LE I drove a while back. I HIGHLY recommend this kit for those with a PP1 who want an improvement in some of its shortcomings.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Thanks Blown86GT. Nice write up. I’m curious to hear your impressions while in Normal mode after having had the kit fitted for a while. I’m pleased you feel the improvements in the performance modes, and I’m looking forward to that when I get my kit, but also interested in a normal driving mode comparison. Some of our roads are not so good, and maintaining the comfort of the car is important to me as well in some conditions.
Thanks!

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Thanks Blown86GT. Nice write up. I’m curious to hear your impressions while in Normal mode after having had the kit fitted for a while. I’m pleased you feel the improvements in the performance modes, and I’m looking forward to that when I get my kit, but also interested in a normal driving mode comparison. Some of our roads are not so good, and maintaining the comfort of the car is important to me as well in some conditions.
Thanks!
I have had mine on my car for a few mo now. I rarely use normal. Mostly sport. Plenty comfortable to drive with the girlfriend. Firmer than stock...but very comfortable. I live near the sacramento river. Bad river roads. The car is planted....flat in the corners...and still easy to drive. I have driven these bad roads on track. Very firm...but just damn stuck to the road! Funny thing that even on sport....actually smoother on the freeway....no little nibbly bumps.
I think ford nailed it on this kit.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I have had mine on my car for a few mo now. I rarely use normal. Mostly sport. Plenty comfortable to drive with the girlfriend. Firmer than stock...but very comfortable. I live near the sacramento river. Bad river roads. The car is planted....flat in the corners...and still easy to drive. I have driven these bad roads on track. Very firm...but just damn stuck to the road! Funny thing that even on sport....actually smoother on the freeway....no little nibbly bumps.
I think ford nailed it on this kit.
Thanks for the feedback Shibaman. That’s great to hear. I’ll hopefully find a deal and get my order in this week ✅

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I have a PP2 and have only installed the M5300W springs so far. Wish I had read the whole thread for some tips before doing this as I would have made sure to do sway bars at the same time but didn't order them initially. I did add MM CC plates at the same time up front.

I'm having some noise in the back that sounds like some parts are knocking together. We watched the CJPP video and made sure to clock the springs to the isolators. Any ideas what we may have missed?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I have a PP2 and have only installed the M5300W springs so far. Wish I had read the whole thread for some tips before doing this as I would have made sure to do sway bars at the same time but didn't order them initially. I did add MM CC plates at the same time up front.

I'm having some noise in the back that sounds like some parts are knocking together. We watched the CJPP video and made sure to clock the springs to the isolators. Any ideas what we may have missed?
I think I found my answer. I'll have it taken care of when it goes in to the shop for BG fluid in transmission and alignment.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hose-bushings-after-lowering-your-s550.44129/

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
How much did you all pay to get it installed. Just curious before I call the local dealers/installers.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
How much did you all pay to get it installed. Just curious before I call the local dealers/installers.
I've paid nothing but quotes I've been getting were $900-$1000.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
$900-$1000.
I got one quote (from a non dealer mustang mech) that seems more reasonable - $550. I am yet to call the dealers.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I got one quote (from a non dealer mustang mech) that seems more reasonable - $550. I am yet to call the dealers.
If the shop is reasonable, it's quite cheap as this is quite a bit of work.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
[/QUOTE
I had a local shop i trusted install it for me. $600. The local ford dealer had no clue. They wanted $1200

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
$675 including alignment and loading the calibration.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So reading back through this thread I didn’t see anyone with an EBPP with MR... I know the EB is ~100 or so pounds lighter on the nose, so hopefully that doesn’t put the car nose up after the spring install. Seems like it might only make a 10th or so difference in front but I’d love to see a real install before I buy...
Sponsored