Sponsored

M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Well after owning kit for many months and doing track days on the kit I've changed the rear swaybar and rear springs out as I was getting no traction in corner exits as the tail was light too ridged. Great for drifting I might add. I confirmed by removing swaybar endlink while at track. I did front camber alignment in both -2.5 and -3.1 same tires and track and the -3 in front -2 rear is great for track. Could still use more front camber as tire wear on outer edge shows. Current setup is BMR rear and PP1 rear sway. Next track day is November. Keep ya posted.
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Current setup is BMR rear and PP1 rear sway. Next track day is November. Keep ya posted.
So you are using BMR rear springs and PP1 rear sway bar? You think the M5300W rear springs in this kit are too stiff for the rear? I'm planning to run the RTR rear sway on the softest setting and hope that works out well. Track day on 10/1. If it starts to get tail happy with that then I'll just disconnect the rear sway bar all together.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
So you are using BMR rear springs and PP1 rear sway bar?
Yes that is currently on car. BMR SHP767 Front Ford bar firm hole.

You think the M5300W rear springs in this kit are too stiff for the rear?
I think the rear sway bar is too stiff. I've added the BMR springs which are stiffer than Ford. I may drop back down to the Fords but I had the same tail slide with the original setup hence the thought its the rear swaybar being too stiff the whole time. If I was hind sight smarter I would have disconnected the rear bar on the FORD package setup.....

here's a video first few seconds of clip and last few seconds at tail end. Car was tail happy. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsNf_piBpu3Mguw1ZGVgTxNWqjD9Nw

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Can ya'll save me 8 pages of reading?

Is Ford or another vendor selling the Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) software update separately?

This should provide a cheap and easy alternative for those that need to keep the stock ride-height.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't do the handling pack since I have a PP2 but I did upgrade to the M5300W springs that come in the package and RTR sway bars (on sale). Car feels pretty good. Can't wait to see what it's like on track.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Can ya'll save me 8 pages of reading?

Is Ford or another vendor selling the Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) software update separately?

This should provide a cheap and easy alternative for those that need to keep the stock ride-height.
No.

That's the short answer.
Only other option is DSC Sport controller with its software (that is complete adjustable for end user so you can basically create your own calibrations) - but that replaces stock VDM.

I'll likely get it next year.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm considering the DSC Sport controller with one of their coil over kits in a couple of years if I don't get a different car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No.

That's the short answer.
Only other option is DSC Sport controller with its software (that is complete adjustable for end user so you can basically create your own calibrations) - but that replaces stock VDM.

I'll likely get it next year.
At $1,300.00-$1,400.00 for the DSC, it would make better sense to do the FP Magneride Handling Pack, including installation.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
At $1,300.00-$1,400.00 for the DSC, it would make better sense to do the FP Magneride Handling Pack, including installation.
I have the Magneride handling pack.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have the Magneride handling pack.
I did read through the thread.

It seems like it's the PP2 suspension and software. Sounds like it's a set of PP2 wheels & tires away from a complete PP2 car.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I did read through the thread.

It seems like it's the PP2 suspension and software. Sounds like it's a set of PP2 wheels & tires away from a complete PP2 car.
Don't think that's the case - software yes, hardware - no, since Ford Performance site says to replace spring / bars on a PP2 car if someone wants the kit.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
My dealer is telling me its 10 hours of labor to install the handling pack. I honestly didn't know how much it would be but didn't think it would be as difficult as putting in a supercharger. After reading this thread it seems the high end is about six hours. How long should it reasonably take?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Don't think that's the case - software yes, hardware - no, since Ford Performance site says to replace spring / bars on a PP2 car if someone wants the kit.
I wrote that it's the PP2 suspension. As in the springs/bars that are in the kit, along with the software. The kit that is the topic of this thread.

Add that kit to a PP1 Magneride car, and you're a set of PP2 wheels from a PP2 car.

At least that's the impression I get.

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
My dealer is telling me its 10 hours of labor to install the handling pack. I honestly didn't know how much it would be but didn't think it would be as difficult as putting in a supercharger. After reading this thread it seems the high end is about six hours. How long should it reasonably take?
I’ve seen both Steeda and BMR state 3-4 hours for a spring swap, so I would guess 5-6 if you add sway bars and a flash... just a WAG, though.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I wrote that it's the PP2 suspension. As in the springs/bars that are in the kit, along with the software. The kit that is the topic of this thread.

Add that kit to a PP1 Magneride car, and you're a set of PP2 wheels from a PP2 car.

At least that's the impression I get.
As I mentioned in my post you've quoted - makes no sense -in this instructions would be telling PP2 owners to replace PP2 springs / bars with PP2 springs / bars.

Read for yourself : https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit.
Sponsored