Sponsored

M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
My thoughts are its an upgrade for gt , gt350 and pp2 as far as springs and sways. The gt350 and pp2 must already have the magnaride specs hence the disclaimer on kit.
My thoughts also....but no real info where this upgrade fits into the ford specs as far aa upgrades. What did i buy? Very pleased...but not clear where what it is compaired to a pp2...or a gt 350
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Description clearly states : NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit. - so these are probably stiffer springs / bars than PP2 - technically PP2 has different calibration(s) which this Magneride tune that comes with it might - it may also have different traction / stability control tuning but if you turn this off, it's irrelevant.

PP2 comes with much wider wheels / much stickier tires than PP1 so it'll stock PP2 will easily outrun PP1 with this kit and no other upgrades - IMO.

Don't think GT350 (especially '19+) can be compared to either - I'd choose it over any of these.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Description clearly states : NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit. - so these are probably stiffer springs / bars than PP2 - technically PP2 has different calibration(s) which this Magneride tune that comes with it might - it may also have different traction / stability control tuning but if you turn this off, it's irrelevant.

PP2 comes with much wider wheels / much stickier tires than PP1 so it'll stock PP2 will easily outrun PP1 with this kit and no other upgrades - IMO.

Don't think GT350 (especially '19+) can be compared to either - I'd choose it over any of these.
so if i go wheels. Tires...pp2 it matches my suspension kit?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Great thread!
Thank you to everyone who's contributed, inc' the great pics, and fitting notes. If I can get this kit out to Oz at a decent price, it's what I'll get.
Matched up with the BMR front and rear end gear it should make it a great handling car.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My kit is in the garage waiting to be installed...after rereading all the posts again for probably the dozenth time, I'm excited! I'll tackle it next weekend...more to come!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
After using mine for a while now (mostly in autocross, not driving for groceries) - it transforms the car a lot vs. stock. Makes really substantial difference in handling vs stock PP1 - way, way differrent car (that applies to track mode, advancetrac off). People watching me run (that watched me run when this car was stock) made lots of comments how much better it behaves.

Now - the springs could have been firmer for my current taste but they're appropriate to keep it street / grocery friendly. Not sure how much magneride calibration contributes to it - I plan on running DSC controller next year so might be able to say something about this.

Overall - highly recommend.

<- Not so horrible of a run, note entering slalom at basically 70 mph.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I meant to post yesterday as I started the install...kz tips were very helpful. The biggest issue I had difficulty with was removal of one of the strut bolts. The other three came out after a few spirited hits with Thors Hammer. The last bolt just flat out refused to come out. Despite having a big "f"ing hammer, it took some WD-40 and jacking up the spindle and it finally came out. I stopped at that point. It took me about three hours to having everything removed except the stock sway bar (this old guy was wore out after finally getting that last bolt out). Today went very smooth...I was able to re-assemble the both sides of the front suspension with the springs and sway bar in about four hours. The back half of the car I will tackle tomorrow.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've had strut holes slotted and bolts replaced with smooth shank ones before I did that, so for me taking them out was zero effort. But yes - taking those bolts out can be quite a pain if they're untouched from the factory.

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
I’m set have this installed next week. I’m also having the Steeda G-Trac K-Member Brace, Stop the Hop kit, and their differential bushing kit installed at the same time. Any other recommendations? Adjustable sway bar links or vertical links? I’d rather do it all at once. Thanks for all the info you guys post!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I’m set have this installed next week. I’m also having the Steeda G-Trac K-Member Brace, Stop the Hop kit, and their differential bushing kit installed at the same time. Any other recommendations? Adjustable sway bar links or vertical links? I’d rather do it all at once. Thanks for all the info you guys post!
Sway bar links or vertical links can really be done at anytime - they don't require any disassembly other than taking wheels off (and removing existing parts) and take about 20 minutes each. Also do nothing (or close to) for suspension performance.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I meant to post yesterday as I started the install...kz tips were very helpful. The biggest issue I had difficulty with was removal of one of the strut bolts. The other three came out after a few spirited hits with Thors Hammer. The last bolt just flat out refused to come out. Despite having a big "f"ing hammer, it took some WD-40 and jacking up the spindle and it finally came out. I stopped at that point. It took me about three hours to having everything removed except the stock sway bar (this old guy was wore out after finally getting that last bolt out). Today went very smooth...I was able to re-assemble the both sides of the front suspension with the springs and sway bar in about four hours. The back half of the car I will tackle tomorrow.
Thanks for more information. And looking forward to hearing the drive review. I’m going to order in the next few weeks and then await the long delivery out to AUS.

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
kz, thank you for the info! I’ll post some pics and ride impressions. I’m calling Ford Performance to get the alignment specs they recommend. Would you think it would make a difference if I upload the new vdm profile for the magneride before or after I take it in?
Sponsored