M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Any idea if the programming in the OEM VDM would be tuned different depending on if it's auto vs man for magneride?
No idea, but if I were to guess, I would guess they are the same. For sure if you use a GT500 version, it will be for a different box that yours.

My mixing/matching of an ABS module troubles were related to the wrong ForScan cable. I think you could probably make this work with some playing.

Keep in mind, the Shelby's 350R's and 500's have different Magneride damper internals, which is probably a bigger deal than the actual tuning.
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
No idea, but if I were to guess, I would guess they are the same. For sure if you use a GT500 version, it will be for a different box that yours.

My mixing/matching of an ABS module troubles were related to the wrong ForScan cable. I think you could probably make this work with some playing.

Keep in mind, the Shelby's 350R's and 500's have different Magneride damper internals, which is probably a bigger deal than the actual tuning.
Have anyone figured out what the exact difference is? I’ve looked at them side by side you can’t tell 🤷🏼‍♂️

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Have anyone figured out what the exact difference is? I’ve looked at them side by side you can’t tell 🤷🏼‍♂️
That's the thing - side by side they're identical except for a few numbers on the label that appear to be sequence or production date date linked. No clear indication of "PP2" or "GT350", etc.

I think the Shelby cars have different drive modes as well, and that may have played in with why the '18 GT350 unit did not work at all in my '18 EBPP+MR. There was virtually no damping at all, certainly nothing close to even the stock EBPP performance.

I will say that having driven the EBPP+MR VDM to manage GT350R springs for nearly a year now, the ride / handling is pretty good - firmer than stock, but that's all in the spring. I feel like the damping is on the soft side, which is not surprising. I would only hope that a PP2 VDM would solve that problem. Or the FP handling pack upgrade if it was available separately.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
That's the thing - side by side they're identical except for a few numbers on the label that appear to be sequence or production date date linked. No clear indication of "PP2" or "GT350", etc.

I think the Shelby cars have different drive modes as well, and that may have played in with why the '18 GT350 unit did not work at all in my '18 EBPP+MR. There was virtually no damping at all, certainly nothing close to even the stock EBPP performance.

I will say that having driven the EBPP+MR VDM to manage GT350R springs for nearly a year now, the ride / handling is pretty good - firmer than stock, but that's all in the spring. I feel like the damping is on the soft side, which is not surprising. I would only hope that a PP2 VDM would solve that problem. Or the FP handling pack upgrade if it was available separately.
Riddle me this.....I found a 2019 GT with PP2 and had the vin verified that it was indeed built with PP2 and here's the pic of the VDM which matches the numbers you have for a 19 GT350R.

44378.jpeg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
There are no external difference and my conversations with Ford, Ford Performance and the dealer were completely unhelpful. They don't know what the difference is!

However, the 350R and 500 dampers are different internally and make about twice the damping force for a given electrical input. Ford might not change the *programming* of the Magneride controller all that much because they're getting the additional damping force mechanically, not electrically.

I have the 350R struts on my car. It's a significant difference, even when still using the stock controller.

Sponsored

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
There are no external difference and my conversations with Ford, Ford Performance and the dealer were completely unhelpful. They don't know what the difference is!

However, the 350R and 500 dampers are different internally and make about twice the damping force for a given electrical input. Ford might not change the *programming* of the Magneride controller all that much because they're getting the additional damping force mechanically, not electrically.

I have the 350R struts on my car. It's a significant difference, even when still using the stock controller.
So are your thoughts that the 350R and PP2 cars share the same mapping and the rest is left up to the dampers and springs? I can pick this one up but kind of doubting it will work with my 2020 HPP with MR 🤷🏼‍♂️

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So are your thoughts that the 350R and PP2 cars share the same mapping and the rest is left up to the dampers and springs? I can pick this one up but kind of doubting it will work with my 2020 HPP with MR 🤷🏼‍♂️
I really don't know if the mapping is the same, although those 2 VDM's with the same part # would suggest it. I think you could make it this controller work with your car if you want to play with ForScan long enough to figure out how to make them communicate. You'll have to put your VIN into the PP2 VDM.

The shocks/struts are 'dumb' devices and hook right up. The VDM will take a little work, but it's completely doable. I just don't know what it will actually change in terms of performance.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I really don't know if the mapping is the same, although those 2 VDM's with the same part # would suggest it. I think you could make it this controller work with your car if you want to play with ForScan long enough to figure out how to make them communicate. You'll have to put your VIN into the PP2 VDM.

The shocks/struts are 'dumb' devices and hook right up. The VDM will take a little work, but it's completely doable. I just don't know what it will actually change in terms of performance.
So the 350R front and rear MR shock work on a GT?

I know with the ford performance sway and springs you don’t use the vdm programming on a PP2 or 350 so the controller makes sense.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So the 350R front and rear MR shock work on a GT?
100%. It's a direct bolt-on. The connector has only 2 wires, hot & cold.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Damn you…..something else I now want to change 🤣

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Do you happen to have the front and rear part numbers 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to have the front and rear part numbers 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣
Nothing consistent. I can get a pic of mine in a couple days (I'm traveling with work presently), but I couldn't even find anyone at Ford who could give me a straight answer.

* I just checked my pictures. The part numbers are hidden, sorry. I'll have to dig settings a little more.

Resized_20211126_130658.jpeg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Also, I'm on the standard rear dampers, because I'm running similar to stock rear spring rates and there's plenty of room on the DSC controller to add damping for track adventures.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK
M-9602-M

Stock 2018 GT PP1

I am looking at upgrading many suspension components starting with MR springs & sway bar's. I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or suggestions on the ford package in the subject vs. the stock PP1 stuff vs. any thrid part aftermarket options. In addition to this, i will also be looking at other wheel/hop/IRS improvements probably from steeda.

@Steeda feel free to reply in terms of how your MR lowering spring/sway bar package compares

https://lmr.com/item/M9602M/mustang-ford-performance-magneride-handling-pack-18-19

Will be adding power/ half shafts later,

My goals are really tighter handling, better launch, stiffer. I do not mind stiff.

Thanks for your help!
I've had M-9602-M in my 2018 P1 since 2019.... love it. But you can't stop there... you need the BMR front and rear k-member brace, rear steeda or bmr sub-frame connectors... Steeda front tension link and lower control arm... IRS bushing lockout, driveshaft shop drive shaft... upgraded axles... upgrade your rear vertical links, rear upper control arms, rear toe link... then upgrade to PP2 wheels and tire sizes... the PP1 comes with shelby front and rear knuckles and bearings (needed for magneride).... my pp1 is a track king.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Nothing consistent. I can get a pic of mine in a couple days (I'm traveling with work presently), but I couldn't even find anyone at Ford who could give me a straight answer.

* I just checked my pictures. The part numbers are hidden, sorry. I'll have to dig settings a little more.

Resized_20211126_130658.jpeg
That’s a 350 magnaride front strut? Did you convert it to a coil over?
Sponsored