Sponsored

Lund support and revisions no longer free?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've been going back and forthwith the idea of getting a tunesince I got my car almost two years ago. Lund was always a major consideration for me because their pricing seemed fair, they get rave reviews, and the offered free support and tune revisions for minor mods. They've recently raised their prices about which I get...things get more expensive with time. But now that I'm serious about ordering I've been looking on their site and see that they only offer datalog reviews and revisions for 3 months now, and after that period is up...datalog and revisions are $50. Is this policy new, or have I just misunderstood what they offered all along?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think it's been that way for a while. I'm good with it though.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reasons that I went Livernois despite knowing that Lund has an excellent product. I've already had two tune revisions in about a 6 week time frame: 1) to make the driver demand table more linear/to my liking and 2) to quiet down cold start.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought mine, I got rev for life. Hope that still stands as I mod some more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
From what it sounds like, you get free revisions and free datalog reviews for the first 3 months. After that, you can buy 3 more months of reviews and revisions for $50. I guess that's not awful in the grand scheme of things, but if I m interpreting their new policy correctly...they've done away with one of their biggest selling points. I wonder if at least those that bought previously are grandfathered into free revisions and support for life? Maybe one of the vendors can chime in to clarify, and maybe start advertising differently, as I still see vendors state that Lund offers free revisions for life.

Last edited:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
From what it sounds like, you get free revisions and free datalog reviews for the first 3 months. After that, you can buy 3 more months of reviews and revisions for $50. I guess that's not awful in the grand scheme of things, but if I m interpreting their new policy correctly...they've done away with one of their biggest selling points. I wonder if at least those that bought previously are grandfathered into free revisions and support for life? Maybe one of the vendors can chime in to clarify, and maybe start advertising differently, as I still see vendors state that Lund offers free revisions for life.
Would like to know this as well. :shrug:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
That's doesn't sound too bad. But clarification from a vendor would be sweet.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Common sense should prevail here, tunes are cheap. Do you actually think the are going to spend time forever working on your piecemeal modding? No way, If I bought a new item, I'd add that extra 50.00 into the cost. They cannot constantly revise tunes for free and still be profitable. If that was the case, the majority of the fools would bother them forever.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
If you order a tune, you should be able to datalog and do everything else within 3 months. You should only need a revision if you do additional mods and most tuners will charge you for it.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm about to order a set of headers and a tune. The SP headers I want are currently on back order for 6-8 weeks. My concern is that timeframe may grow and I won't get my tune dialed in within the 3 month window. Also...common sense or not, Lund has always advertised free updates for life and I think that's what sold a lot of guys. I understand if they're changing the policy going forward, but hopefully the guys who bought previously are grandfathered in

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
From the Lund site:

Lund Racing Custom Tunes are created specific to your vehicle based on your exact modifications. This makes our tuning much more than just a typical "canned" tune. Lund Racing has been setting the standard in Ford tuning for many years in the past, and for many years to come. Make sure your tune is a Lund Tune.
Tuning revisions for minor modifications are free of charge up to three months after you’ve received your initial tune. The countdown starts from the time you receive the tune(s) which may be up to 7-10 business days following your order. Following that period, cost to renew for an additional three months of revisions is $50.

I want to say it used to be 6 months. In that time frame I had them do a race tune for me, an emissions tune(turn rear O2 back on), and a 93 tune. I data logged and had them review all 3. Good value I'd say.

I can only imagine they were getting revision requests in bulk every time the weather changed. Maybe this is a way to ease up on that and and keep wait times low.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If you order a tune, you should be able to datalog and do everything else within 3 months. You should only need a revision if you do additional mods and most tuners will charge you for it.
Bingo, I don't know why guys are concerned with getting their tunes "updated" every 6 minutes. Once the tune is dialed in, that's it, its done. If you add more mods that require a retune, you pay.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to order a set of headers and a tune. The SP headers I want are currently on back order for 6-8 weeks. My concern is that timeframe may grow and I won't get my tune dialed in within the 3 month window. Also...common sense or not, Lund has always advertised free updates for life and I think that's what sold a lot of guys. I understand if they're changing the policy going forward, but hopefully the guys who bought previously are grandfathered in
His basic tune turns the rear o2 off for headers so won't need a retune just to get a baseline data log once you install the headers.

I'd venture to say any changes he'll need to make due to the headers will be minimal.
Sponsored