Sponsored

Lund Racing +75RWHP, +135RWTQ Tune ONLY

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 50th Premium

I was expecting less peak up (250ish?) but the torque number was about what I expected. Oh well, just a tuning/improvement displaying tool anyway. On this pull I was watching the boost gauge and only saw 12psi or so on the low end, creeping up to maybe 14 near peak power. Pretty soft. The Lund tune has between 20-22psi pretty consistently.
Sponsored

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my results!

I drove around for several days on 93 gas prior to dynoing with the factory tune. The factory tune dyno was 2 weeks prior to today's Lund tune results.

This is on the initial 93 file that Lund sent to me. I did send them 3rd and 4th gear WOT datalogs and they said they looked good, no alterations needed.

5th gear pull on each run.

Runfile 1 was a cooled-off (but 180 degree engine temp) factory-tune pull on 93 octane. Runfile 5 was a cooled-off (180 degree) pull with the Lund tune on 93. It did make a little more power. Runfile 6 was a backup pull with the Lund tune made around 5 minutes later, more torque because of the extra heat in the exhaust but it fell off back to factory hp at high rpm presumably because of heat soak from the factory intercooler being way too small for the car. Still, a robust gain overall from a simple tune change! Obviously the car feels totally different driving around with all the new low- and mid-range torque. 20psi boost at 2500 rising slightly to around 21.5 at the top of the pull.

Last edited:

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 results! I'm impressed. This is at the same boost level (about 21-22lbs) as the 93 tune, just with a 1/3 E70 and 2/3 93 octane mix (aka E30). The tune was tweaked by Lund for the change in stoich for the fuel and it allows for more spark adder but that was the only change. The car loves it! Unfortunately the fuel system won't support full E85 in these cars so E30 is it. The plot is a cooled-off 93 pull versus a cooled-off E30 pull. The E30 tune is also lots more consistent as it only lost a couple hp and tq on a backup pull. 177-179* cylinder head temp on both.
Also the air inlet temp (post intercooler) was much warmer on the E30 pull, starting at 82*F at the beginning of the pull rising to 156* at the end! (yes the factory intercooler is terrible). On the 93 octane pull, inlet temp started at 51* and rose to 125*.

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Those are great results, I never did an E anything, always mixed my fuel, im now on 100% race fuel with Lunds Race Tune. Nice to see what he can do with E30. Thanks for posting.

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to Jason Justi for the use of his MAP intercooler, downpipe, and intake.

Thanks to Turbo302 (Tim) for the install of the IC and downpipe at his shop, Twin Town Motors.

Thanks to Greg and Jon II at Lund for working with me.

Thanks to Hitech for another quick dyno pull today.

It didn't pick up much peak power (I didn't really expect it to) because boost hasn't been changed, but it's about 12hp up at the peak but the curve looks a lot better and it carries much farther at higher rpm. Air charge temps are way lower with this intercooler versus the factory one.
Another track day this Sunday, hoping it improves!

dsabat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Good info, thanks. I am using the Livernois tuner, and on 93 pump, the car went from 5.9s 0-60 to 5.2s back-to-back on the same piece of road. I would like to get it on a dyno.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks to Jason Justi for the use of his MAP intercooler, downpipe, and intake.

Thanks to Turbo302 (Tim) for the install of the IC and downpipe at his shop, Twin Town Motors.

Thanks to Greg and Jon II at Lund for working with me.

Thanks to Hitech for another quick dyno pull today.

It didn't pick up much peak power (I didn't really expect it to) because boost hasn't been changed, but it's about 12hp up at the peak but the curve looks a lot better and it carries much farther at higher rpm. Air charge temps are way lower with this intercooler versus the factory one.
Another track day this Sunday, hoping it improves!
Your in great hands with those guys, they wont let you do anything stupid. Lund and UPR helped me with the progress of my car and I could not be happier with how well it runs. Keep us updated with how it runs please.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Nice numbers, Lund does some great work:thumbsup:
Sponsored