Sponsored

Lund just got his GT500

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
People been tuning and upgrading ferraris, porsche, lambos etc with dct’s for a while now. So I don’t think it will be a show stopper
i was going to say they had no problem figuring out how to dial in the PDK (even more so) for Porsche. It’ll probably take sometime and learning curve as it’s the first major DCT for an American manufacturer but they’ll get it figured out.
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Y'all saw how rich this thing is running in Speed Phenom's vid.... In good conditions and with DRs and tune I'm thinking 8s, not 9s - especially if they don't have trouble with remapping the box' max 3200rpm launch.
Heck, with good conditions a stocky is close to a 9.

Like Bmac mentioned, though, you can't just slap on a pair of DRs.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I feel we might need to get the launch control rpm limit of 3200rpm to go a bit higher to get that 60ft down! I'm curious how much a set of radials will help with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
we dont know that the car hooked at max rpm. traction control may play a huge part in that. but yes, if it did lay down maximum power, LC rpm settings need to be raised.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
patience. lean it out, radials, low 10s. E85 pulley and radials, mid-high 9s all day
With out a doubt. Hopefully the transmission holds together. That'll be the first weak link.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Honesty I would just leave it stock , run low 10’s and keep your warranty . Probably no need for drag radials .
That’s the allure of this car for me . I (like many others ) already have a couple of 9 sec(one is probably a high 8 car) , automatic modded GT’s .
As soon as you break that 9 most tracks are going to hassle you since the rules says 9.9 you need full cage/ NMRA license . One or two passes and you are done .

With the GT’s your warranty was probably out the window as soon as you hit 10(FI or NA) and despite all the $$ on mods your cars value has nose dived .
Why blow your warranty on running another few 1/10ths faster and have to deal with the hassle at the drag strip ?

This for me is the “ultimate” Mustang I have been waiting for . Enough power off the showroom floor to have some real fun at the drag strip and enough track capability in the base form to may be even get me interested in driving fast around corners on a track (but hate that I will be a noob).

The lack of “manual” transmission will still take away from some of the fun of street driving so if/when I get one I plan to hang to my GT 350–especially since already invested in a built motor(and spare built engine ) and a whipple on top .

If i can pull this off in a year or two it may be the last mustang I buy !

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Honesty I would just leave it stock , run low 10’s and keep your warranty . Probably no need for drag radials .
That’s the allure of this car for me . I (like many others ) already have a couple of 9 sec(one is probably a high 8 car) , automatic modded GT’s .
As soon as you break that 9 most tracks are going to hassle you since the rules says 9.9 you need full cage/ NMRA license . One or two passes and you are done .

With the GT’s your warranty was probably out the window as soon as you hit 10(FI or NA) and despite all the $$ on mods your cars value has nose dived .
Why blow your warranty on running another few 1/10ths faster and have to deal with the hassle at the drag strip ?

This for me is the “ultimate” Mustang I have been waiting for . Enough power off the showroom floor to have some real fun at the drag strip and enough track capability in the base form to may be even get me interested in driving fast around corners on a track (but hate that I will be a noob).

The lack of “manual” transmission will still take away from some of the fun of street driving so if/when I get one I plan to hang to my GT 350–especially since already invested in a built motor(and spare built engine ) and a whipple on top .

If i can pull this off in a year or two it may be the last mustang I buy !

My sentiments exactly. I will not modify this one, its staying stock tune, suspension, everything. I really don't feel like playing the warranty game on this car, it is bad ass enough for me. I even purchased the longest factory extended warranty available. Best $1,050 I will spend on this car (8yr/60K - zero deductible). Incase you all didn't know, the best place to get the ESP is Flood Ford dot com https://www.floodfordesp.com

That said, I look forward to other people modifying theirs lol.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
saw one of the videos from tremec about the tranny in the 500 and im curious to see how the tuners will approach this because it seemed like the tranny tuning was super specific to what the engine was doing. will be interesting for sure
HP Tuners is working on the transmission tuning and it should be available soon. Anyone tuning just the engine for power is going to be in for a bad time without syncing the transmission. There are hardware limitations in the lower gears of the DCT that requires torque truncation. Plus in order to get the quick 80ms shifts and over torque shifts in drag mode the PCM and TCM have to be in sync.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
the car was hooking at max rpm launch when it ran 10.6, not sure how much tires will help. 7 tenths is steep for a tune only.
Max launch control. Not max RPM. So.. max on easy mode. And it still spun. We will call it hooking because the spin wasn’t bad. And I don’t beleive we were talking only tires. It was a tune as well. But E85 not needed.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered one today.
Sponsored