Sponsored

Lund Flex Fuel Tuning

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Hey guys, im sure most of you guys have done the FF tune with Lund already. I am ready to pick up a tune and the FF tune is what I am aiming for. Originally I was gonna go with AED but that has changed. Anyway, does Lund do datalog tuning or is it basically he sends you a custom canned tune that they have already made? I am getting mixed info from different sources. What's the FF tune process look like? Just looking for information before I decide.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You will get a base tune created for your modifications you list when you order the tune. They will send you the tune in a few days. You will fill up with 93, log idle and driving and idle send it to them. They will make sure everything looks good then ask you to fill up with E85 and do the same thing again.

I am in the process of doing it except I didn't read their directions correctly and filled it with e85 and logged first. Not that it will cause issues but do 93 first and look like you can follow directions. :)

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
If your going the Lund Racing route, I can help you out no problem and get you the information needed to do it correctly. It's a very simple task and the results will be great! You can give me a call at 561-588-6630

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Idle is not necessary, just wot pulls on 3rd gear is all they really need for datalogs!
I ordered mine last week and they didn't ask for any 3rd gear pulls. They just wanted 2-3 minutes of idle when at operating temp and then cruising logs in 2nd & 3rd from 2000-5500rpm @ half throttle then stop and idle again.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I ordered mine last week and they didn't ask for any 3rd gear pulls. They just wanted 2-3 minutes of idle when at operating temp and then cruising logs in 2nd & 3rd from 2000-5500rpm @ half throttle then stop and idle again.
That is weird, mine was wot till 7200 rpm on third gear, and not just once, multiple occasions! They need to know if you are setting knock sensors on, afr, load, fuel trims, spark timing at wot to see if the tune is safe!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
That is weird, mine was wot till 7200 rpm on third gear, and not just once, multiple occasions! They need to know if you are setting knock sensors on, afr, load, fuel trims, spark timing at wot to see if the tune is safe!
Maybe I just haven't gotten to that step. Or maybe when they see something else. I know when I tuned my WRX's I always had to do 3rd gear pulls 100% throttle from 2500-redline. Hated it, LOL.. shit is scary.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Maybe I just haven't gotten to that step. Or maybe when they see something else. I know when I tuned my WRX's I always had to do 3rd gear pulls 100% throttle from 2500-redline. Hated it, LOL.. shit is scary.
they should as for a WOT pull at some point. i was asked for the 2 min idle, local driving and then the 3rd gear pull. please dont bring up the wrx, i was so happy to sell that ticking time bomb..doing third gear pulls on the highway was ridiculous..lol

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Never did any idle logs, just a couple wot 3rd gear pulls, and revision was quickly sent. also sent som eE85 track pulls just to double check, but all was good.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lund will view all datalogs,

typically not needed on an n/a setup, but they are happy to do so

let me know if we can help you out

Sponsored

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
matt asked me for an idle/cruise @40 on 93 so far, but parts don't go on till 11/28 so I'm waiting.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lund will view all datalogs,

typically not needed on an n/a setup, but they are happy to do so

let me know if we can help you out
im currently on a flex fuel tune, i plan on adding longtubes from your sale this weekend, do i need to get another tune from lund?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
im currently on a flex fuel tune, i plan on adding longtubes from your sale this weekend, do i need to get another tune from lund?
Yes. They need to do something with the o2 sensors, otherwise you will have a check engine light. They wont change the added timing though, just sensor related change. You need to let them know.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. They need to do something with the o2 sensors, otherwise you will have a check engine light. They wont change the added timing though, just sensor related change. You need to let them know.
i *heard* they already have the o2s turned off on all their tunes but i wanna make sure

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Both LUND flex fuel and non-flex fuel tunes have the 2nd set of o2 sensors turned off. They burn that feature into each tune. No need for another tune if you get headers in the future.
Sponsored