Sponsored

Lund FF Tuning (AFR the same at idle and throttle)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Will do. I appreciate it for your help!
No problem! Check your idle afr before you do another kam reset and see what it is. If it's sitting around 11.7 and only bouncing about .3 plus or minus while idling then you should be good to go and the bouncing while driving is normal. It's always good practice to test your ethanol too. That way you know where it should settle but on Lund flex tune it will compensate very well even if it doesn't dial afr in perfect.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Yes from logging. I know several with Lund tunes. I can't log with any but one, which Lund forgot to lock........

His tune is nothing special, and no I won't post it.
Ok Karen

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I did learn how to tune for IMRC lockouts from looking at his tune....

Thank you Lund.

OP
OP

HannyBoySolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Han
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
No problem! Check your idle afr before you do another kam reset and see what it is. If it's sitting around 11.7 and only bouncing about .3 plus or minus while idling then you should be good to go and the bouncing while driving is normal. It's always good practice to test your ethanol too. That way you know where it should settle but on Lund flex tune it will compensate very well even if it doesn't dial afr in perfect.
Yeah I've been testing my E, and it's been pretty inconsistent, hence I switched to the FF tune. My first time loading the FF tune, so I'm not too sure if it was supposed to be normal or not. I'll try the KAM reset and let it idle to let it relearn the fuel.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've been testing my E
Here in Ky I find Kroger has consistent E at 85% year round.
The pumps don't have the E50 to 85 sticker on them.

OP
OP

HannyBoySolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Han
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I just contacted Alex at Lund and sent him a datalog. Got a P013E code for downstream O2 Sensor Delay. Will update y’all what the issue was. Just for background info, I’m running catless headers, full exhaust, stock intake.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
KAM reset then some light driving with varying rpm between 2500-3500 no wot for a few min. Should get you where you need to be if tune is right. AFR on e54 is like 11.7-12 normally with some fluctuations.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Just turn off the car wait about 5 seconds then push the button but don't start the car. Cycle to the AFR readout and it will show where it has learned.

metroplex

Mr. EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS/TC, 2017 Fusion Sport, 2018 Explorer
I'm having the same issue with a 2.7L EcoBoost. I've tried all kinds of settings, resetting KAM, driving 40+ minutes but it will NOT mature the AFR stoich. It will adjust/compensate for up to full E85 but it will never mature which results in LTFT never learning/producing data and I believe this impacts OBD2 readiness as well.

I think I narrowed it down to the type of upstream O2 wideband that the EcoBoost engines run. Your 2.3L EcoBoost O2 has the same type of flute as the 2.7/3.5 EcoBoost which are all aimed downward. The Ford 5.0 Coyote/FFV Coyote and FFV 3.5L V6 primary widebands are fluted like the traditional O2 sensors. This is just my guess as to why the stoich keeps fluctuating and never settles down.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed on my car I have to do a hot restart after about 20 min of driving. Shut off engine wait 5 seconds with key off then restart. Long terms then start working.

metroplex

Mr. EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS/TC, 2017 Fusion Sport, 2018 Explorer
I've noticed on my car I have to do a hot restart after about 20 min of driving. Shut off engine wait 5 seconds with key off then restart. Long terms then start working.
I've tried that and even did long drives to get it to mature, but no bueno.

I've tried different settings and the inferred AFR is relatively close to what the LTFTs are when I disable Flex Fuel, so the system is mechanically working. I just don't understand why it fluctuates so much or why the Flex Fuel isn't maturing - they probably go hand in hand but I've tried making it easier to adapt (shorter window for inferring, increased lambda stability, etc...) but I'm starting to think it is the type of wideband used.

my guess is the downward facing flutes are done to prevent/reduce carbon buildup from the direct injected EcoBoost engines (Even the N/A Focus with DI has the same type of O2) while the port and port direct injected engines like the Coyote or N/A 3.5/3.7 FFV V6s have a traditional flute design (with the flutes cut axially)
Sponsored