2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah dude.. no way in heck your getting even remotely close to 350 miles with 16gals of E85.
Haha next time I head upstate I'll set a trip meter. I was averaging 20+mpg, 100% highway miles with cruise control. It's really not impossible lol. Just go on the highway and set cruise control at 65mph, then go set your trip meter. You'll probably get 20+mpg if you're stock like me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info! Yeah lots of e85 all the way out here...

You're right Lund discontinued the n gauge and replaced it with an HP device. So that's probably the plan...sounds like e85 really wakes the coyote up. Your experience been all that?
It's night and day, especially if you got the base package like me which doesn't come with drag strip mode. The shifts are very aggressive and you feel the power come on sooner in the low to mid rpms .

Trying to pass emissions on stock tune reminded me how much difference there is lol, definitely get tuned.

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Lol lay off the gas pedal a little jeeeeeez 😂

Also I have 3.15 so that helps my economy too lol

Edit - alright maybe I meant closer to 300 miles. Don't kill me 😁 I'll go test my cruising mpg sometime this week and report back.

Last edited:

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
It's night and day, especially if you got the base package like me which doesn't come with drag strip mode. The shifts are very aggressive and you feel the power come on sooner in the low to mid rpms .

Trying to pass emissions on stock tune reminded me how much difference there is lol, definitely get tuned.
I have base as well but with 6 spd...any issues with your factory warranty and a Lund tune? Wouldn't think so but I bet you researched it.

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have base as well but with 6 spd...any issues with your factory warranty and a Lund tune? Wouldn't think so but I bet you researched it.
I dunno, I just banked on nothing breaking lol. If anything happens, swap back to stock tune and hope for the best.

Sponsored

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I dunno, I just banked on nothing breaking lol. If anything happens, swap back to stock tune and hope for the best.
Yeah, I watched a vid from American muscle yesterday where the dude downloaded a Lund tune on his brand new '19 Mustang GT so I'm not concerned.

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Yeah, I watched a vid from American muscle yesterday where the dude downloaded a Lund tune on his brand new '19 Mustang GT so I'm not concerned.
Getting ready for the Lund tune...so did the whole NY state inspection work out ok for you? Thanks

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Getting ready for the Lund tune...so did the whole NY state inspection work out ok for you? Thanks
Sup brotha, yeah I easily passed emissions on stock tune. Only had to drive about 25 miles. I'm back on E85R tune now.

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Sup brotha, yeah I easily passed emissions on stock tune. Only had to drive about 25 miles. I'm back on E85R tune now.
Nice...ya talking with Lund right now and they also said no need to drain tank prior to e85 tune which makes it easier for me.

OP
OP
2019GT

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nice...ya talking with Lund right now and they also said no need to drain tank prior to e85 tune which makes it easier for me.
Interesting, this is what Alex from Lund told me:

With the Flex Fuel tune loaded, the easiest way to switch fuels is to get the tank down to close to 0 miles to Empty, then fill up with the other fuel. It'll take a good 10 mins of idle and neutral rev holds for the fuel to start mixing and for the ethanol % to start learning properly. Do not drive it immediately. It may learn incorrectly since the other fuel may remain in the lines and it may lock too soon to the wrong ethanol %. On the nGauge you can monitor ALCH_PCT in the Gauges menu to see when the % is moving up. Once it's moving up around 30-40% you can probably drive on it to get it to learn further and lock in. You can monitor when it locks in via the ALCH_LEARN flag when it goes from 0 to 1. On SCT you can't monitor the learn flag but you can monitor the ethanol percentage PID. REMEMBER, the Flex tune is a TRANSITION tune. It may not learn accurately every time. And it's supposed to be used for convenience when switching between 93 and E85 and having the fuels blended. If you're having issues with the Flex tune learning we just recommend using your non-flex pump gas tune we first sent or use the E85 only tune explained below.
Main takeaway is, if you're on Flex but you want to swap back to stock tune, or you want to swap to E85 dedicated tune ... you'll want to get the tank low before refilling with the desired fuel, then swap tune.

I also like to play it safe so when transitioning I'll run a whole tank of the desired fuel on Flex before swapping tunes. It's probably not required but 1/16 of a tank is still a whole gallon of the wrong fuel I'd rather not have in the tank.

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Interesting, this is what Alex from Lund told me:

Main takeaway is, if you're on Flex but you want to swap back to stock tune, or you want to swap to E85 dedicated tune ... you'll want to get the tank low before refilling with the desired fuel, then swap tune.

I also like to play it safe so when transitioning I'll run a whole tank of the desired fuel on Flex before swapping tunes. It's probably not required but 1/16 of a tank is still a whole gallon of the wrong fuel I'd rather not have in the tank.
I've listened to many Alex vids! He knows this stuff cold. Thanks for info!
Sponsored