Sponsored

Lug...nuts.

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I've had many issues in the past prevent me from going to the track but never lug nuts! :frusty:

Got my MT's mounted on Race Stars, started to bolt them on the car and quickly realized some of these lug nuts weren't properly fitting. I'm sure they would go on if I blindly impacted them on but I'm glad I didn't as I didn't want to replace studs with 2000 miles on the car :headbonk:

Posting for informational purposes, not bashing Race Star or the sponsor I bought them from. I'm sure this is how people snap studs.

Will get pics up shortly. Essentially, some of the lugs were not symmetrical causing them to slightly catch and not be able to secure without force.

Edit: Won't let me upload pics @ work.
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
i have the same issue.... my lugs thread on fine...but they "wobble" as if they werent drilled and tapped straight.

OP
OP

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
i have the same issue.... my lugs thread on fine...but they "wobble" as if they werent drilled and tapped straight.
Yup, same- "wobble." Not sure why I didn't think of that term earlier.

BurnsS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP Premium
My local tire shop had a similar issues with the "beauty" caps from Ford. Terrible idea imo

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
the lug nuts have a decorative outer casing, the actual nut is under the pressed on metal case, are you sure its not the outer skin that is out of whack?

Sponsored

OP
OP

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
the lug nuts have a decorative outer casing, the actual nut is under the pressed on metal case, are you sure its not the outer skin that is out of whack?
Positive. So, they just sent me two more to try... let's hope these work out.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I've seen some of the wheels on CJ Pony parts saying that they won't work with the stock lug nuts...that would be a non-starter for me, since I ordered my car with the enhanced security package and it has locking lug nuts :doh:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Mine work fine, did you read the instructions.. it requires you to clean the threads before installation..& the lug has to be centered in the hole before you drive it home. once you get one in the rest will line up perfectly..not rocket science just a little more needed then regular lugs. also re torque them after a few days use...

OP
OP

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Mine work fine, did you read the instructions.. it requires you to clean the threads before installation..& the lug has to be centered in the hole before you drive it home. once you get one in the rest will line up perfectly..not rocket science just a little more needed then regular lugs. also re torque them after a few days use...
I actually was in school to become rocket scientist at one point. Not sure why you didn't assume I read the instructions. Also, yeah I assumed the latter part of your statement to be true as well; which is actually the main reason I made this post.
Sponsored