Sponsored

Lug nut options, what are others doing?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Gorilla, McGard or Monster lugs are always a solid choice and very popular.

As long as you get the right kind for your wheel design, you are good to go.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm no expert on wheel security but doesn't a locked lug just ensure that the thieves will simply snap the stud off? Perhaps that issue has been solved and the locked nut simply rotates freely?

I think the key is if at all possible, never park one of these cars out of immediate eyesight and definitely within sprinting distance. (Unless you happen to tote a long gun then sprinting would not be requried.) <smile>

Of course, if you don't have the option of playing it that safe and must park in shaky areas then I suppose any device that might slow thieves down would be worthwhile.

KB

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I have Gorilla Lug nuts on all of my cars. Super strong and look like stock.
Need to get those “capped” lug nuts off and put in a box with the other take-off parts...

footnfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I ordered some 6GR Carbon Fiber replica wheels. I would not do that again, but I had them so I made the best of it in my opinion. I quickly found out, that the available lug nut solutions were pretty poor, so after a couple of failed attempts, I decided on open lug nuts for the front, topped by ZL1 Add On Titanium long nuts on top of the open nuts on the front, and as the only lug nuts on the rear. The cosmetic result turned out pretty good in my opinion, the front vs. how they look on the rears. Comments suggestions welcomed.

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Gorilla, McGard or Monster lugs are always a solid choice and very popular.

As long as you get the right kind for your wheel design, you are good to go.
When I mailed Gorilla, McGard, and Monster, Monster was the only one whose answer indicated they could not be torqued to the 150 ft lbs factory spec. Both Gorilla and McGard said I should use the 150 ft lbs factory spec, no problem.

Monster first said 90-95 ft lbs, then when I asked a few more times, repeatedly referencing the Ford spec, upped it to 120 ft lbs. Some other companies I contacted said 150 ft lbs was too much for their lug nuts, but Monster (Mackin Industries) was the only one who refused to answer when I in the end got bored and asked directly whether I could use 150 ft lbs with their lug nuts or not.
Sponsored