Sponsored

Lucky, im driving a Gt350 (mustang)!

gabroyes55.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 oxford white tech pack
I was driving late tonight around 2am, from pasadena i dropped off my friend in west covina, it was raining non stop, hard to see the road and wasn't familiar with the place, so i drove into this street following google map going to 10 east exit, i was about to exit, when i got confused because the map is telling me to turn around, so i did. But i did not realized it was a no U turn st. And out from nowhere theres. This police suv in my back flashing red and blue, so i went to the side of the road, turned my hazards on, and waited, tried to keep calm..im nervous ho.haha..this cop came knocked on my window, and asked me "whats going on", i said i got confused following my gps, he said "ok, you did a U turn on a NO Uturn st., you are not following st.signs. and all i said im sorry sir. And as usual the license and registration thing, so i gave him my drivers license, but i cant find my registration, then he start asking me What year is your Mustang?How much power does it make and some other mustang related questions , i said 2016 sir, and he said nice my son just bought a 2016 ecoboost and we liked it a lot, the he ask me how much did i pay for the car u said $$$, he smiled while looking at the car and said ours like we got a great deal we paid like $$. Then he went to his car for like 2 mins, he came back giving me back my license and said to me "im not gonna give you a ticket tonight son, coz youre driving a MUSTANG" with a smile on his face. I was like thank you officer and im sorry again. He said drive safe son. I was so happy im driving a mustang..lol. this cop is such a nice guy and a real mustang enthusiast. I got lucky tho.lol
Sponsored

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
Politeness rules! My LEO buddy is always preaching that to me. Buttholes get tickets, nice and respectful folks get mostly warnings.

I'm too chicken shit really to be rude, lol! But, I am doubling down though. I just ordered a personalized support for First Responder plate ;-)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I was driving late tonight around 2am, from pasadena i dropped off my friend in west covina, it was raining non stop, hard to see the road and wasn't familiar with the place, so i drove into this street following google map going to 10 east exit, i was about to exit, when i got confused because the map is telling me to turn around, so i did. But i did not realized it was a no U turn st. And out from nowhere theres. This police suv in my back flashing red and blue, so i went to the side of the road, turned my hazards on, and waited, tried to keep calm..im nervous ho.haha..this cop came knocked on my window, and asked me "whats going on", i said i got confused following my gps, he said "ok, you did a U turn on a NO Uturn st., you are not following st.signs. and all i said im sorry sir. And as usual the license and registration thing, so i gave him my drivers license, but i cant find my registration, then he start asking me What year is your Mustang?How much power does it make and some other mustang related questions , i said 2016 sir, and he said nice my son just bought a 2016 ecoboost and we liked it a lot, the he ask me how much did i pay for the car u said $$$, he smiled while looking at the car and said ours like we got a great deal we paid like $$. Then he went to his car for like 2 mins, he came back giving me back my license and said to me "im not gonna give you a ticket tonight son, coz youre driving a MUSTANG" with a smile on his face. I was like thank you officer and im sorry again. He said drive safe son. I was so happy im driving a mustang..lol. this cop is such a nice guy and a real mustang enthusiast. I got lucky tho.lol

cool. :thumbsup:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Glad to hear you did not get a ticket.

I have always found that if you act a certain way during a stop you can avoid a ticket. My rules:

1.) I always put my windows all the way down when getting stopped
2.) I always have my hands on the top of the wheel
3.) I do not go rummaging around for anything until the officer approaches.
4.) I then tell the officer that my paperwork is in the center console and I ask permission to get it.
5.) I admit what I did. Some say don't do this but I have gotten out of many tickets by saying "I was speeding" when he officer asks if I know why I got pulled over.

90% of the time I will get a verbal warning. If I get caught in a speed trap I typically will get "failure to yield for a traffic control device" which is a 0 point violation.

The 2 or 3 times I did get a moving violation I took it to court and every time the officer would knock it down if I admitted what I did before we went before the judge.

If you're an ass when getting pulled over, you will likely get the worst violation they can give. Also keep your hands in sight at all times.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I agree with this except for the admission of guilt. You say 'I was late for work' etc they've given me a ticket every time; and if you go to court to contest you're screwed. Traffic cops priority is revenue generation first and safety/protection of society second.

Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
I was busted going 100+ trying to beat cars on a freeway merge.. Officer talked a bit about how cool he thought my mustang was and about how his ecoboost explorer patrol car would hang with me to 160mph because of the turbos. Then proceeded to let me off with a warning.. :lol:

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.

I have always found that if you act a certain way during a stop you can avoid a ticket. My rules:

4.) I then tell the officer that my paperwork is in the center console and I ask permission to get it.
5.) I admit what I did. Some say don't do this but I have gotten out of many tickets by saying "I was speeding" when he officer asks if I know why I got pulled over.

90% of the time I will get a verbal warning. If I get caught in a speed trap I typically will get "failure to yield for a traffic control device" which is a 0 point violation.

The 2 or 3 times I did get a moving violation I took it to court and every time the officer would knock it down if I admitted what I did before we went before the judge.

If you're an ass when getting pulled over, you will likely get the worst violation they can give. Also keep your hands in sight at all times.
Have done 1-4 the last 3 times I've been stoped (spread across a number of years of course...). Warning every time. Twice was pulled over at a speed trap. And once a county Sheriff going the other way got me driving 60+ on a country road (35MPH Limit?).

I did find it interesting that twice they also indicated that they're letting me go becuase my record is clean. Sort of a catch-22 in a good way.

Being polite and following directions definitely pays off. Have not been pulled over in the Shelby. And hopefully I won't have to test the Shelby=get out of ticket theory anytime soon.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
More like you were lucky you weren't drinking. At that time they are mostly looking for drunks. Once he figured that you weren't doing that, he wasn't going to waste anymore of your or his time.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I agree with this except for the admission of guilt. You say 'I was late for work' etc they've given me a ticket every time; and if you go to court to contest you're screwed. Traffic cops priority is revenue generation first and safety/protection of society second.
Absolutely wrong. Revenue collection has zero influence in the issuance of traffic citations. The bail schedule for tickets is set by the county/state, and that is who receives the money when the citation is paid. The officer and the police department do not receive any money from tickets issued. There is ZERO financial benefit to the officer to issue a citation.

In general a person who receives a citation will be more cautions and have better driving habits longer than anyone who receives a warning. I can tell you that I'm my own department data has shown a reduction of traffic related deaths and collisions when traffic rules are more strictly enforced. Better drivers equals safer roads for you and your family. Just because you got caught speeding doesn't mean someone is out to get you, it just means you need to drive slower and not be late for work.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
More like you were lucky you weren't drinking. At that time they are mostly looking for drunks. Once he figured that you weren't doing that, he wasn't going to waste anymore of your or his time.
That's what I was thinking...

When I worked nights I would get pulled over sometimes for a drunk check. If you're polite they're usually pretty cool with you.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
That's what I was thinking...

When I worked nights I would get pulled over sometimes for a drunk check. If you're polite they're usually pretty cool with you.
That was pretty much the standard procedure for the PD I was affiliated with. If it was early in the AM like that and they weren't drinking, no warrants (or anything else weird) and not being an ahole we cut them loose pretty quickly.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Well i used to have ticket quotas we were asked to achieve so that the city would get more money for their following year budget, so yes there's quotas being demanded in all major cities.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Well i used to have ticket quotas we were asked to achieve so that the city would get more money for their following year budget, so yes there's quotas being demanded in all major cities.
Canada...

Here in the lower 48 we keep our quotas on the down low.
Like ticketing has never factored into county budgets.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
one more rule

And don't get out of your car and start running. You know what happens here in America.........
Sponsored