LTH~Doing what everyone said I would

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
This is Exactly the sound I was looking for to be honest! That growl was mean as hell.👍 I Bet it sounds even better with that new res.
It really opened it up but is reasonable. Ive driven this car for 6hr road trips and the chick didnt bitch, no drone. At 80 on the highway its quiet as stock. At 7800 rpm's its impressive lol

It will drone at about 1200 rpm in 6th but thats obviously a rare speed in 6th.
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I've been saying it since day 1: LTH catted headers + AWE Touring catback is the best combination.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Whats your setup?? What was Your last setup on the previous car? There cannot be anything louder than these damn cars bro😂🤣
Last set up was a whippled gen 1 with 1 7/8 catless kooks with kooks mufflers. This time gen 3 coyote 1 7/8 kooks with green cats, 3" piping & kooks mufflers

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Stick with a fiber packed resonator if you’re after the deep notes.
I agree just add a mid bottle resonator is the cheap and easy way to quieten it and add a little deeper tone.

I had LT's and O/R Outlaw 3" exhaust on my 2018 and added a 3" Vibrant to quieten it down and deepen the tone.

It was a bit of work to get that drone free, but that was the best sounding exhaust I've heard on a Yote ....

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I run catless Kooks 1 7/8”. The Borla Touring is the only exhaust that I found makes a perfect sound at WOT, but can be quiet under little load. The center resonator acts similar to a 3rd muffler.

I had previously ran AWE Touring which was the most amazing exhaust ever, but that was when there was cats in it. The green cats got destroyed after a couple years (about 9K miles), so I gutted them out. After that, it was RIDICULOUS loud. I researched the quiet cat back I could find. The Borla Touring really was exactly what I was looking for. Deep, aggressive when you want it to be, but stealthy when needed.

Sponsored

zxch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've been saying it since day 1: LTH catted headers + AWE Touring catback is the best combination.

sounds insane. are these headers 1 7/8"?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
had good results going from lth xpipe and roush abs to lth magnaflow tru x midpipe and roush abs. still loud when on it but not so loud when cruising or idle.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Mine was so loud I just removed the longtubes and went back to stock manifolds. Once the car isnt a daily anymore ARH with green cats ftw.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You could try a quieter axle back system such as the AWE Touring. The catback version comes with an H pipe so the axle back will compliment your existing h pipe. It has a great tone to it and won’t drone either.
While the AWE Touring has a great tone and 0 drone, I would hardly call it quiet. The Touring naming is very misleading. I went from Corsa Xtreme, adding long tubes, disliking the trumpety tone, adding Vibrant 1794s, then ultimately cutting off the rear Corsa section and adding AWE Touring rear. Much better tone, no trumpet, still no drone, more character in the lower rpms and still screams up top. However, I would put the total volume at or slightly above the Corsas before the Vibrants lol.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If you add a resonator Like the Borla 3" Resonator 60661 ( This Resonator contains an internal H-Pipe ) it will help a lot. One of my guys here added this in place of the H-pipe on his AWE Touring exhaust after he installed long tube headers for the same reason. This resonator was a direct swap with the AWE H-pipe, required no modification to his system. I can't say that is the case for every cat back but in his case it was. The other option would be to add some Vibrant resonators and have an exhaust shop weld them in to your H-pipe they offer 3in inlet and out with a 4in body. They offer them 12in long & 18in long.

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/borla-60661/

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hey for what its worth I have had Corsa Extreme with LTH and the MBRP with LTH. I now went LTH with Borla Switchfire and Borla Axle Back, much deeper than any of the others, cold starts are rowdy but it tames down once temp reaches 160+. Nice deep tone through 4K RPM then it can get rowdy again but I love it. I can get you some other clips but here is one of a cold start.

IMG_7196.jpg

UhhhGoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP1
If you add a resonator Like the Borla 3" Resonator 60661 ( This Resonator contains an internal H-Pipe ) it will help a lot.

I went with this route on Stainless Power catless through a Borla ATAK cat back and it sounds great, if a little quieter than I expected. Super easy, sounds great, and drone free.

Also shipped quick from Beefcake and showed up a day early

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Nice information to know. I’ve been wanting this particular cat back and with stock manifolds and cats with an H/X-pipe was registering over 100 decibles on a few videos.

sbella913

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
If you add a resonator Like the Borla 3" Resonator 60661 ( This Resonator contains an internal H-Pipe ) it will help a lot. One of my guys here added this in place of the H-pipe on his AWE Touring exhaust after he installed long tube headers for the same reason. This resonator was a direct swap with the AWE H-pipe, required no modification to his system. I can't say that is the case for every cat back but in his case it was. The other option would be to add some Vibrant resonators and have an exhaust shop weld them in to your H-pipe they offer 3in inlet and out with a 4in body. They offer them 12in long & 18in long.

Terry I bought my Awe touring cat back setup along with my whipple through you guys and you were the best! Looking to quite mine down a bit with the Kooks long tubes and the blower the awe is a little too loud. I saw your post about the Borla 3" resonator but it says 2018 and up, i have a 2015 do you know if its still a direct swap for my H pipe?
Sponsored