LPX Clutch + MGW X-Spec + Motul DCTF = Awesomeness and Love for the MT-82

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
As stated above, I had these goodies (plus the Steeda Braided Clutch Line) installed at Papini's Garage in Temecula today and the results are astounding. It feels like a different car. Actually, it is astonishing how good the MT-82 D4 can be. I DON'T NEED NO STINKING TREMEC!

I wholeheartedly endorse these mods - Money well spent. ACS Roval here I come.

One PSA - the trans tunnel heat warms the center console a bit - I may want to do some heat shielding.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
So how do u like the LPX clutch. I was looking at one of those or a McLeod RXT
Different world from the stock unit. Smooth, easy engagement. Shifting is much smoother and easier. Lighter than stock. Looking forward to my next HPDE event. Can't say much about the McLeod, but I'm happy with the purchase,

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Different world from the stock unit. Smooth, easy engagement. Shifting is much smoother and easier. Lighter than stock. Looking forward to my next HPDE event. Can't say much about the McLeod, but I'm happy with the purchase,
Nice work! Any change to the take-up feel or is that what you mean by 'smooth, easy engagement'?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Nice work! Any change to the take-up feel or is that what you mean by 'smooth, easy engagement'?
Yes : Take-up. Also, my stock clutch would engage in a "jerky" way under heavy throttle, whereas this clutch grabs smoothly AND firmly. This set-up makes you feel like a pro (which I am definitely not).

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
As stated above, I had these goodies (plus the Steeda Braided Clutch Line) installed at Papini's Garage in Temecula today and the results are astounding. It feels like a different car. Actually, it is astonishing how good the MT-82 D4 can be. I DON'T NEED NO STINKING TREMEC!

One PSA - the trans tunnel heat warms the center console a bit - I may want to do some heat shielding.
Hell yea!! Glad youā€™re happy with the setup and an LPX and MGW make for an awesome
Combo!! ā˜ šŸ»

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Did you experience any trouble with your MT82-D4 before the upgrades? How did you drive the car leading up to the improvements? Please keep us posted on how it performs with the new clutch. Itā€™ll be interesting to hear if it handles high rpm shifts with no lockouts or grinding between shifts. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Did you experience any trouble with your MT82-D4 before the upgrades? How did you drive the car leading up to the improvements? Please keep us posted on how it performs with the new clutch. Itā€™ll be interesting to hear if it handles high rpm shifts with no lockouts or grinding between shifts. Thanks
1. I don't know if it was the tranny, the shifter or the clutch (or me), BUT upshifting under hard throttle would be "jerky" when engaging the next higher gear, and at a HPDE coming out of a curve a 2->3 shift at 7500 missed and ground the gears. But otherwise the MT-82 performed well and my stock clutch and stock trans fluid looked OK. And I drive fast and aggressively.

2. I just got it yesterday - I'll post more when I really stress it (2-3 at 7500, HPDE, etc.). But my initial impressions from some spirited driving are positive.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
1. I don't know if it was the tranny, the shifter or the clutch (or me), BUT upshifting under hard throttle would be "jerky" when engaging the next higher gear, and at a HPDE coming out of a curve a 2->3 shift at 7500 missed and ground the gears. But otherwise the MT-82 performed well and my stock clutch and stock trans fluid looked OK. And I drive fast and aggressively.

2. I just got it yesterday - I'll post more when I really stress it (2-3 at 7500, HPDE, etc.). But my initial impressions from some spirited driving are positive.
Cool! Looking forward to hearing more once itā€™s broken in and youā€™ve had a chance to do some spirited driving.
Sponsored