20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I had front lowering springs installed a few days ago on my 2020 Mustang GT. I've driven 175 miles since the installation. I will get the front end aligned (allowing the springs to settle somewhat) soon. I am curious as to how many miles I should put on the car, then get the alignment? Have I driven enough now and should go get the alignment done by my local dealer? The dealer wants $99. Or should I get it aligned by a independent shop?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We recommend getting it aligned as soon as possible.

TJ

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I had front lowering springs installed a few days ago on my 2020 Mustang GT. I've driven 175 miles since the installation. I will get the front end aligned (allowing the springs to settle somewhat) soon. I am curious as to how many miles I should put on the car, then get the alignment? Have I driven enough now and should go get the alignment done by my local dealer? The dealer wants $99. Or should I get it aligned by a independent shop?
You should do it now. Also, if you have a non PP car you really should of done struts and shocks at the same time. The OEM shocks even the PP ones are barely adequate for the OEM spring let alone a dropped car. You didn't say which springs you got. Also, I find dealer alignment lacking. They just get the lights to go green without really dialing in the suspension. For the same or even less money take it to a real alignment shop that deals in high performance.
Sponsored

Last edited: