Sponsored

Lowering springs - which have most comfy spring rates?

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, I've a two part question:

Has anyone compiled a list of the available/popular springs rates yet?
(if so I apologize for the redundant question)
And because it's hard to compare linear vs progressive, can anyone comment on ride comfort between various springs? Or when compared to OEM?

Here's the situation:
-Non-PP GT
-These would go onto the base struts to keep ride as smooth/soft as possible
-I've also a set of Ford Performance Jounce Bumper (bump stops) and hear those definitely help on lowered cars.

Thinking of a mild drop, and highest priority is SMOOTH/COMFY ride quality. I cannot sacrifice very much ride comfort from how it is now, which is stock suspension, because my morning commute is over some really terrible roads.

So,
Is there a solution for me, or should I just stick with my current stock suspension?

Thanks in advance for your input
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
BMR Performance springs are just slightly stiffer than stock

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Aftermarket shocks/struts that are designed for shorter springs do not make the ride less "smooth and comfy", which seems to be implied in your post. They control the shorter spring such that the ride is as smooth and comfy and controlled as can be, where as factory shocks which are designed for a taller spring with a less aggressive spring rate may not and therefor you may experience a more jarring ride that if you had aftermarket shocks/struts. The best value for the dollar, IMHO, is the Koni Yellow + Eibach Prokit springs package. If you want to do just springs, BMR Performance is an good choice. Steeda will suggest their Progressives, good too.

OP
OP
18psi

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input guys, just checked out threads for both Steeda and BMR springs as well as found this thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44925&page=2

BMR performance appears to be really close to what I'm looking for.

As for the shock/strut comment - yeah it was incomplete verbiage/wording on my part. I understand that properly matched dampers work much better with lower springs, but in this case I'm not even looking into dampers, as I believe that would be way overkill for what I need/want.
Sponsored