Lowering springs questions

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Highly recommend the steeda comfort package. It comes with progressive lowering springs and the steeda active shocks. You can also include spacers etc to keep ride height where you want. The ride quality is superior to stock and the handling is superior to stock.

<att
Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Highly recommend the steeda comfort package. It comes with progressive lowering springs and the steeda active shocks. You can also include spacers etc to keep ride height where you want. The ride quality is superior to stock and the handling is superior to stock.

<att

Thanks. TJ and John at Steeda are trying to hook me up. I will def check out the comfort package.

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks. TJ and John at Steeda are trying to hook me up. I will def check out the comfort package.
I think I talked to John 25 times before i got it all figured out. I know if you do it wrong you can seriously screw up your ride. If you have any questions from a "non vendor" point of view let me know but they were very knowledgeable.

Matt

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I think I talked to John 25 times before i got it all figured out. I know if you do it wrong you can seriously screw up your ride. If you have any questions from a "non vendor" point of view let me know but they were very knowledgeable.

Matt
Will do! Last thing I need is to screw it up.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Don't lower it more than about 3/4" if you want to preserve much daily driveability. Think GT350R ride height. Lower than that and you're losing ground clearance and crashing against the bump stops more than you'd like to. Expect a mild spring rate increase if you're lowering it that much (again, to keep if off the bump stops), and a stiffer shock.

The visual wheel gap is gets a lot better when you upgrade to wheels with more aggressive offsets (or spacers), you might not even need to lower the car. The best sporty comfy daily ride is stock ride height and spring rate with upgraded shocks and maybe some mild swaybars, IMHO.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
upload_2020-2-6_18-31-28.jpeg

Ford performance street, no other suspension changes.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bill. That is a lot of info to look at.TJ over at Steeda set me up with someone at their shop to talk it all through. When my younger son rolled up in his Camaro, he said two things: 1) Looks good 2) fix the wheel gap!
Let me know if you are being taken care of :)

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I'm chatting with Steeda (John) right now about pretty much the same concerns LOL. I love how they're so patient. I'm in the same boat: want a more compliant ride but a bit wary from having a lowered car before with all the issues that come with. The spring rate of the Sport Progressives sound lovely, but I just don't want to go that low. I've seen a few threads with rear spacers here, has anyone had any issues with fronts? I'd like probably a 3/4" drop overall personally.

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'm chatting with Steeda (John) right now about pretty much the same concerns LOL. I love how they're so patient. I'm in the same boat: want a more compliant ride but a bit wary from having a lowered car before with all the issues that come with. The spring rate of the Sport Progressives sound lovely, but I just don't want to go that low. I've seen a few threads with rear spacers here, has anyone had any issues with fronts? I'd like probably a 3/4" drop overall personally.
I did the spacers in both the front and back. The drop was about 5/8 in front and about 1/2 in back after kit. I also did the camber plates with the progressives and the actives. No regrets at all. Both ride quality and handling improved. Most of the issues I have seen people report are from installation problems. I had a guy that is very experienced in suspension alignment etc do the work at the dealer and have had no problems. I live in Houston which has roads that look like they have been cluster bombed and my neighborhood has more speed bumps than one would think is possible and I have not had any issues.

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the same with John. Amazing guy and for the most part, all of who I have spoken with at Steeda, including tj@sreeda :like: are awesome :beer:

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I did the spacers in both the front and back. The drop was about 5/8 in front and about 1/2 in back after kit. I also did the camber plates with the progressives and the actives. No regrets at all. Both ride quality and handling improved. Most of the issues I have seen people report are from installation problems. I had a guy that is very experienced in suspension alignment etc do the work at the dealer and have had no problems. I live in Houston which has roads that look like they have been cluster bombed and my neighborhood has more speed bumps than one would think is possible and I have not had any issues.
That's great to hear! So no weird creaks or anything and at speed everything as wicked with no complaints?

Do you have shots of the completed masterpiece?

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
That's great to hear! So no weird creaks or anything and at speed everything as wicked with no complaints?

Do you have shots of the completed masterpiece?
No weird noises other than the engine. If you hit a large bump you will hear a thump but it sounds like a normal sound to me. I have no complaints and glad I did it. The performance pack non magneride suspension is garbage and ford should be embarrassed. I will get a picture later. Been raining so its dirty....

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I've also exchanged emails with John and TJ. Both guys seem very knowledgeable and patient. I've also spent some time with the shop that's going to the install, eventually. $1,600+/- in parts, plus install is a no-go right now. Income tax is not going to be friendly to me. But, once that passes, maybe July, I'll get back at the upgrades.

@rucus0101 did the comfort level of the ride get better, stay the same, or got harsher? It's hugely important that the wife likes the car and I don't want to make it so stiff that she doesn't like to ride or drive it. (I know at least of couple of you are gonna have a juvenile field day with that last statement, but there's really no other way to say it, so have at it :crackup:)
Sponsored