Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Greetings,

I was thinking of installing Steeda minimum drop springs in my 2022 Mustang GT Premium. The suspension is stock, except for the installation of a BMR 25MM rear sway bar.

The new springs will drop the car front/back 0.5" and firm up the ride. My question is, will I need chamber plates or any type of extension bolts if I install the springs? I am guessing that a wheel alignment will be require too.

Please advise.

Thanks, Edgemere
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If you're going to go through all that, then also do the shocks and struts at the same time. The OEM shocks and struts are garbage, and not meant to work with lowering springs.

I'd recommend the Steeda Pro Action Adjustable shocks and struts.

Lowering the car for looks is one thing. Getting a vehicle that actually performs better is quite another.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
But yes, get chamber plates.

And cheem creams.

OP
OP
Edgemere

Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, good advise. I just wanted to be selective and make a few handling improvements. I went down the mod rabbit hole on a Shelby GT 500 I had a few years ago. You buy a $55,000 muscle car and it should get a good suspension system. I am retired now and I am never going to track the car or take it to the strip. Probably better off leaving it stock.

Thanks

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
If you're going to go through all that, then also do the shocks and struts at the same time. The OEM shocks and struts are garbage, and not meant to work with lowering springs.

I'd recommend the Steeda Pro Action Adjustable shocks and struts.

Lowering the car for looks is one thing. Getting a vehicle that actually performs better is quite another.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Especially if you have a non PP car as even the PP struts/shocks are woefully too weak, the non PP units are terrible.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you are just doing it for looks and not looking for handling improvements, there is nothing wrong with using those minimum drop springs. IF you are after better handling then, yes as the others have said, do the struts and shocks.

Yes, good advise. I just wanted to be selective and make a few handling improvements. I went down the mod rabbit hole on a Shelby GT 500 I had a few years ago. You buy a $55,000 muscle car and it should get a good suspension system. I am retired now and I am never going to track the car or take it to the strip. Probably better off leaving it stock.

Thanks

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@Edgemere do yourself a favor and go with the Steeda Pro Active struts and minimum drop springs. The car will look and ride 100% better.

@tj@steeda

20230215_174313.jpg

20220327_180642.jpg

20211214_070349.jpg

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
^^^ Eff it, Go Hardcore and slap some dual rate comp springs, throw some 305 squares on that bad boy and engage kill mode :devil:

@Edgemere
@tj@steeda

:cwl:

Sponsored

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you are looking for lowering, Ford motorsport springs will give you a .7 inch drop. I think that is the same spring they used on the PP2 track pack cars. Camber plates work but will add NVH to the car. And unless you have the tools to do adjustments yourself, it may be difficult to find a good alignment shop that will touch them. I removed my camber plates for camber bolts. Most alignment shops can make the adjustments. Also there is a small level of adjustment that will allow for a more aggressive negative camber setting. I have done several track days without any issues. Just FYI.

I have a 2020 GT, PP1, Ford lowering springs, Magneride, with Nitto Summer tires, and exhaust.
IMG_20231021_122800.jpg
IMG_20231021_122811.jpg
IMG_20231021_122644.jpg

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Shoot me an email to tim @ steeda if I can help ... or if you want to speak to one of our build experts - - happy to make the connection!

Best Regards,

TJ

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Greetings,

I was thinking of installing Steeda minimum drop springs in my 2022 Mustang GT Premium. The suspension is stock, except for the installation of a BMR 25MM rear sway bar.

The new springs will drop the car front/back 0.5" and firm up the ride. My question is, will I need chamber plates or any type of extension bolts if I install the springs? I am guessing that a wheel alignment will be require too.

Please advise.

Thanks, Edgemere
Hey this is Junior from Need4SpeedMotorsports. From my personal experience on my car since you are only lowering the car 0.5" the factory rear camber arms and front alignment bolts have enough adjustment to get your alignment back to spec. The car isn't being lowered much at all.
A very cheap alternative for the front are the bmr camber bolts. I have those on my car and they give you much more adjustment. I do have the adjustable UPR camber arms in the rear but those aren't really needed for the amount you are lowering your car.

Jeff2390

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 10spd
I know this thread is old but I just ordered the min drop springs/pro active struts with caster camber plates from Steeda. Super excited but also sort of nervous new to the suspension game.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I know this thread is old but I just ordered the min drop springs/pro active struts with caster camber plates from Steeda. Super excited but also sort of nervous new to the suspension game.
Nothing to be nervous about. The combination that you picked out are all good parts and will serve you well.
Sponsored