Lowering springs on a HP car.

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
I have a HP car and I feel like I’d like the car would look better lowered a little.

Has anyone lowered their HP car yet?

Did the change have an adverse affect on ride or handling?

Any clearance or tire rub issues?

Any unintended consequences?

What springs did you use?

post pictures.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
This interests me as well. I feel like a .5 to .75 drop would look killer. How you could keep the splitter in one piece is another story
I am already not sure I can get into my work parking lot. or into the shop at the lakehouse. I can fix the second, not the first....lowering it any....oooooh boy. I don't think the car would make it over the little reflectors in the road...

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I am already not sure I can get into my work parking lot. or into the shop at the lakehouse. I can fix the second, not the first....lowering it any....oooooh boy. I don't think the car would make it over the little reflectors in the road...
So you’re saying to close up the wheel gap a little I should get the 20” HP wheel replicas from Herrod Performance in Australia that are fully forged? Sounds fine to me!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, the car could use a 1 inch lower but you will destroy the splitter or front bumper. I don't think I'm taking that risk this round.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is this kit an upgrade on a M1 HP car or is it essentially what gets fitted as standard to a HP :

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

I know its an upgrade to a PP2 (springs and sways only, PP2 doesn't need the software) and I know it lowers the cars by approximately 1.5cm.

I would be interested to find out where the kit fits in the Mustang hierarchy with regards to ride quality / outright performance / ride height etc :like:

WD :like:

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
My Car is lowered, along with other suspension pieces. The Mach 1 and any s550 chassis mustang has inherent issue with the front and rear suspension that need to be addressed if you are going to Track the car, but if your lowering just to lower, pop a set of springs on and carry on. My car has Steeda Sport Mag Ride springs. Maybe a 10% difference in ride quality, but the HP cars already have bad road manners from Factory IMO

thumbnail_IMG_0670.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0671.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0672.jpg

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
My Car is lowered, along with other suspension pieces. The Mach 1 and any s550 chassis mustang has inherent issue with the front and rear suspension that need to be addressed if you are going to Track the car, but if your lowering just to lower, pop a set of springs on and carry on. My car has Steeda Sport Mag Ride springs. Maybe a 10% difference in ride quality, but the HP cars already have bad road manners from Factory IMO

thumbnail_IMG_0670.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0671.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0672.jpg
What issues do you speak of? I do not have the HP but am looking at the steeda springs and other upgrades to make it do what I want when I say. New to the S550 come from a New Edge

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
What issues do you speak of? I do not have the HP but am looking at the steeda springs and other upgrades to make it do what I want when I say. New to the S550 come from a New Edge
play in the IRS, bushings and such. there are replacement bushing and linkages and stuff that companies like steeda sell to tighten things up.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
play in the IRS, bushings and such. there are replacement bushing and linkages and stuff that companies like steeda sell to tighten things up.
This I am familiar with. I believe the Mach 1 got the better 350 bushings. But I do understand that more curious about the front end of the vehicle. Thank you for the reply

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)

thumbnail_IMG_0670.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0671.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0672.jpg
what is your front splitter height from the ground after changing the springs

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me see if Chris can get us that measurement.

TJ
Sponsored